What do you believe in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am impressed by everone who has posted! It's nice to see everyone accepting others beliefs.

My Mother was a religious fanatic of sorts. I was raised in a Christian Church but around age 6 my cousin and I "escaped" Nursery School and wandered around the church. We found the room where they kept communion. We drank all the communion and ate all the crackers....one of the Elders of the Church caught us and told us we were going straight to Hell. That was the start of fear in me. I would have panic attacks at night thinking any little bad thing I did would give me a one-way ticket to Hell. That really stayed with me. My Mother also cultivated that same fear in me. I have been baptized 6 different times in 6 different religions. All because my Mom thought it was "The True One" each time.

Now I choose to believe in God and Jesus. I don't trust organized Religion. I also don't believe in Hell. My friends know that I am not religious...but if you come to my house it has a ton of Religious Reliquary and Catholic Art. For some reason I am extremely attracted to the same images that instilled so much fear in me.

my family is catholic (though not very church going), and i did have some catechism lessons as kid, but growing up i became more of an agnostic.

I was born and baptized Roman Catholic (as are about 80% of all Austrians), but I plan to resign from the Catholic Church very soon. We have to pay Church tax as soon as we have a job (well unless you resign), how crazy is that!

My family is all Catholic, though none of them are church-goers. I don´t even think they pray or anything. Either way, I was never pushed to go to church, but I still never believed in god, heaven or hell. That´s why I actually feel bad about not having resigned yet, I feel like a liar because on paper I`m still catholic, but I never believed in a single thing the priest talked about in church. Not even as a kid. my brother is the same, we´re both just far too rational to believe in a higher power I guess.

So yeah, I´m a true atheist.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nope, definitely not a Scientologist. I don't even know much about their beliefs? I am a born, baptized and confirmed Roman Catholic. However, I am swayed by facts more than assumptions, so I have a really hard time being religious. I always have. I start really questioning everything when I was sixteen. I am starting to think I never really believed. I am just not that kind of person -- which is weird, especially since my family has such strong faith. I am a horrible person in the Roman Catholic church's eyes anyway...haha. Oops! My question was directed to the original poster as her beliefs sound similar to scientology.

And yes I believe that everyone has a right to their own faith - let people believe in what satisfies them as long as they do not use that belief to hurt others I am ok with it.

I believe in God and while I'm not a member of a church,I got to a Presbyterian church

i was raised a christian. now i'm thinking couldn't God have more than one Son? something to ponder, for sure!

I believe in God and Jesus Christ.

I was raised Southern Baptist.

I too believe there is intelligent life somewhere else in the universe.

I'm not Christian but my own religious/spiritual leanings aren't something I'm prepared to discuss online. I've had a lot of hate over my religious choices from people online. While I know MuT isn't like that, I keep this to myself now.

I just thought I would share:

I am a Roman Catholic, so is my moms family, but my dad and his family are Jewish. So basically I grew up celebrating the different holidays and understanding both religions. The reason why I am how I am about religion is because I grew up listening to two sides of the story, you can't really decide which is "right". Everyone is different, and that is awesome, but I was confused like no other, and still am, really. No one will ever know I guess.

I am Christian and certainly believe in God. I also believe that there are others out there in the universe. I find it hard to believe that there is no one but us in this ginormous world.

I believe in God. I believe that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and that he is the Son of God. I believe that he was crucified and died for our sins. I think people have really made religion much more difficult than it is. My religious beliefs have enabled me to accept people as they are and not be judgemental. I believe in God and God is love. Simple.

We would be very dumb to believe we are the only smartest life in this whole universe. There is definitely "aliens" out there. This world may be coming to an end closer than we think, take a look at the bible and the what world events have been seen within the 7 years of tribulation.

I am not a negative person, just my thoughts! Anyway, I also believe there is a higher power- at least I hope so or we are in trouble

I'm agnostic ...... my family practice Buddhism at home, but I was sent to a Catholic school.

Christianity isn't my thing at all so I don't practice, and never really believed. I think the things learnt in school about the religion only enforced the falseness for me.

Originally Posted by Kookie-for-COCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif I believe in God. I believe that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and that he is the Son of God. I believe that he was crucified and died for our sins. I think people have really made religion much more difficult than it is. My religious beliefs have enabled me to accept people as they are and not be judgemental. I believe in God and God is love. Simple. This is what I believe. I dont consider myself "religious". My life and Christianity are all about having a relationship with Jesus.

Latest posts

Back