What do you believe in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you believe in God, heaven? are you an atheist? agnostic or something else?

im just curious..

im supposed to be an orthodox christian but i never believed, i believe in aliens and that they are who made us and are linked to our whole history. i wont say more of what i believe in case i offend anyone.

how about you?

Agnostic... There's something out there but just don't know what it is for sure.. Always had this vision that our universe was but an atom or molecule in a small drop of water in someone elses universe.. Lol.

I believe that there are other beings out there or right here....

Karren

Karren, I used to think the SAME thing as a kid. It was crazy. Oh, I also thought that we were a dollhouse on someone elses planet and people were making us do things, haha...lame.

Anyway, I think that there is other life, just not in this galaxy. I believe there are other planets out there able to sustain life, but no condition perfect enough to sustain human life. The chances of their beings other humans is slim and none, but as for planets, maybe animals, and the basics like water, etc...it's out there somewhere I guess. I don't think we will ever know. I mean, what it really comes down to is that there are things we see and think they are stars, but it could be another galaxy's sun. We'd never know the difference. It's so crazy to think that we're either really alone, or not at all.

Are you a scientologist?

I was born Roman Catholic. I believe in God and Jesus. I dont know about the church though.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm Christian, I believe in God and Jesus Christ. However, I also believe that there are other life forms on planets other than Earth...I don't think the two negate each other. I agree. I think anything is possible its a big world out there!

I'm a Christian as well, but sometime this year, I'm not sure how or when, I broke off from the church and the Christian religion. I just don't believe in religion at all. I honestly believe religion is poison. The catholic church actually makes me sick when I think of the things it's done, the things it's still doing and how rich it is. That is not to say I don't like catholic people, because the people I love most in this world are Catholic.

I do believe in "God", whatever he or she may be. I believe in Faith. I don't think a person can live happily without faith.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm Christian, I believe in God and Jesus Christ. However, I also believe that there are other life forms on planets other than Earth...I don't think the two negate each other. Yeah!! I went to church every Sunday when I was growing up.. Mom forced us to which may have been part of my problem.. And get this.. I was an alter boy!! Your probably saying to yourself "he just liked those black robes cause they looked like dresses!". And your not wrong!! Lol
But while setting there in my robes, listening to the goings on every Sunday, I kept thinking "why are there so many religions, which one is right, and what if they are all wrong?... And the bible was a good book but the writers embelished a bit? Maybe its something completely different!! Sooo to this day I don't really know for sure... Guess I'll stay tuned.... Lol

Karren

I was an alter girl for years Karren!
tongue.gif
And When I got too old for that I did readings.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm Christian, I believe in God and Jesus Christ. However, I also believe that there are other life forms on planets other than Earth...I don't think the two negate each other. same here.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was born Roman Catholic. I believe in God and Jesus. I dont know about the church though.

This is exactly me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are you a scientologist?
I was born Roman Catholic. I believe in God and Jesus. I dont know about the church though.

Nope, definitely not a Scientologist. I don't even know much about their beliefs? I am a born, baptized and confirmed Roman Catholic. However, I am swayed by facts more than assumptions, so I have a really hard time being religious. I always have. I start really questioning everything when I was sixteen. I am starting to think I never really believed. I am just not that kind of person -- which is weird, especially since my family has such strong faith. I am a horrible person in the Roman Catholic church's eyes anyway...haha.

I was raised Catholic, but got away from the church many years ago. I believe in God and Jesus Christ. I also believe we are not the only entities in an entire universe. How conceited of us to think it. I sometimes think what confession for me might sound like now....."Bless me Father, for I have sinned, It has been 20 years since my last confession. How much time do you have"?

I personally now don't believe that a priest can absolve my sins. Only God can do that and I talk to him when I need to.

Latest posts

Back