what do you do your days off?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i finished high school on friday (graduation's the 25th), so i'm gonna have a little more time on my hands. since it's sunday and i'm off from work with no finals to study for, i wanna take this day to...

• bleach my arms (been putting it off for a month! gross!)
  • take a shower and finally blowdry and straighten my hair
  • put my queen helene masque on
  • exfoliate (which i haven't done in a while. another "gross!")
  • go over credit card/bank stuff because i've been spending too much
i already cleaned my room, like REALLY cleaned my room. i moved the beds to vacuum, washed the sheets, etc.
don't you love those days where you feel so clean?
wink.gif

what do you all do your days off?

Aw i so know what you're talking about Jennifer. I love the days where you get to clean everything & then pamper yourself at home with masks, really nice body lotions & then to top it off, i put my feet up on the sofa, turn off my phone & watch tv or just take little naps!!

Usually on my days off from work (which are Sat & Sun), i lie in bed til 11-12 (i know i'm lazy!), then get up & pamper myself & meet up with friends.. I havent done anything really exciting on my days off in AGES!

hm..I don´t think I have days off, b/c as a college student every day is basically a day off. I mean, yes I do have to go to certain afternoon classes 2-4 times a week, but it´s not obligatory to go to my mornings but I still do almost every day cause it helps a lot in the studying process. but anyway studying is a big part of my time off school-so that doesn´t count as time off I think.

OMG you guys really clean on your days off? I am way tooo lazy. I live in a tiny tiny dorm apartment (just bedroom+tiny bathroom) and I only manage to mop the floor about once every 2 weeks.

*hehe* Jen I beat you on the gross-part
icon_cheesygrin.gif

and my place is a huge mess too

but when I really do nothing I just watch TV or meet friends.

I dont really have days off,but when i have a night off i like to go to my best friend house and hang out in her wine room with all of our girlfriends.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i pretty much have every day as a day off. lol. the only thing that i HAVE to do during the week is go to the gym. and that's like 1 1/2-2 hours 3-4 days a week. (should be going 4 days, even 5
icon_redface.gif
)

I normally clean, buy groceries and run errands...oh, throw some shopping in there too! I also love to read and will listen to music.
icon_smile.gif

Since I finally recouped(sp?) from going out on Friday (god I am old!), today I took myself to the movies and after checking MUT, I am going to clean my house and do some laundry. I may even redo my room... put my bed by the window so I can get the nice breeze now that summer is almost here.

Originally Posted by Jennifer

i finished high school on friday (graduation's the 25th), so i'm gonna have a little more time on my hands. since it's sunday and i'm off from work with no finals to study for, i wanna take this day to...
i already cleaned my room, like REALLY cleaned my room. i moved the beds to vacuum, washed the sheets, etc.
wink.gif

Awww JENNIFER you didn't inclide MUT in there....

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Awww JENNIFER you didn't inclide MUT in there.... that's a given! i've been posting all day
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I normally only have days off on school breaks ... usually I clean the apartment (hubby already cooks and does dishes each night during the school year so I hate to ask him to do more work) and play on the Internet. If I have several days off in a row I'll go shopping, but if I only have one free day I'd rather just sit around the apartment. The last few weeks I've also been addicted to my hubby's Castlevania video games for his Game Boy ... but now classes start tomorrow so I probably won't have time to play again until I get a few weeks off in August
frown.gif

Oh and of course, sleep til noon -- I am sleep deprived all year
biggrin.gif

Hmmm... my days off are Saturday & Sunday - and I like to just sit around by my computer & play online (and MuT!) and watch tv. I'll stop over at my bf's shop, go shopping or hang out with my friends. Sometimes we'll go out at night for dinner or to walk around Port Jeff (a small town where the main st. has some stores, restaruants, and ice cream shops) and hang out by the water and the docks. In the summer we like to go crabbing and fishing, and go to the beach. Other than that, not too much!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh, so you get some crabs huh? Cool...lol You are bad T!
36_12_6.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh, so you get some crabs huh? Cool...lol LOL - yeah... must've been from your jacuzzi! LOL
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOLOLOLOL...could be!!!!!!!!! LOLOL!!! I wish! I'm sittin here in front of my fan sweating my a$$ off!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

When you have a business, there are no days off. Right now I have to be working at night, so my days are free for the most part except for getting errands done and the usual phone calls to vendors. It kind of sucks, because I'm usually heading to work while everyone (everyone that matters
icon_redface.gif
) is just getting home. My schedule won't be changing anytime soon, not until this project is finished and that means the entire summer. So no going away at all. When I do get free time, I do the cleaning thing. I'm a neat freak and everything has to be in it's place. I love to vacuum. Just get a good feeling when things are in order.

If I'm at the apartment, I'll go for a leisure walk, window shop or hit a sidewalk cafe with a friend. If I'm at the house and the weather is nice, I'll hit the lounge chair on the deck or the pool and just avoid everyone. I'll go shopping alone, one of my favorite things to do, or take a drive by the marina. Anything that avoids working is just fine by me. Before you know it, the day is over and you don't even know where the time went.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i finished high school on friday (graduation's the 25th), so i'm gonna have a little more time on my hands. since it's sunday and i'm off from work with no finals to study for, i wanna take this day to...
wink.gif

Hi Jennifer,I can relate to the good feeling you have after you have spent time looking after yourself and doing a major clean up. It's actually pretty amazing how theraputic this can be. I like to spend Sunday's orginising and preparing things for the week ahead. Its a great feeling!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Well I guess this doesn't quite apply to me since every day is a day off for me, but when I get motivated I clean my room (which you already did). So basically, I've been no help at all to your dilemma...
icon_redface.gif
i was just asking in general to see what everyone else does. i wasn't looking for advice LMAO! i did all i needed to do
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back