What do you HATE about certain brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Stila is even more expensive here in Canada than it is in the US. If for example you were to purchase one of the Convertable colors in the US, it would be 20.00 plus tax, here in Canada it's 30.00 plus taxes. I recently went to my local Stila counter and bought a few items, here's what I got:

CC=lillium

CC=rose

lipglaze=berry

Petal infusions moisturizer=normal skin

It all equaled out to well over 150.00 by the time the taxes were added.

Now, a couple of days ago, I went to MAC and got:

-A Matt Murphy for MAC makeup bag

-two lustreglosses

-a l/s

-a mascara

-select tint SPF 15

-bronzer

-a fluidlines

-three palette eyeshadows

-a creme blush for my palette

-a powder blush for my palette

I got all that product and it came out to roughly the same as what the few items at Stila cost!

Trisha, what's the info for Stila that you said you just found out for the next two years? Iam interested! New products coming out?

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU /img/forum/go_quote.gif I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE that most cosmetics brands do not make foundations that I can wear. There are so few that dark-skinned African Americans can wear. THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

Also, I hate the Estee Lauder line.... BORING!!! and UGLY!!!

Prescriptives- Boring

Dior - Boring and quite ugly packaging for a high-end brand

its ironic that you say you hate estee lauderthey have great foundations for dark skinned women

i hate that everything is cheaper in the U.S. ! i also don't like Agnès b, i always have the feeling you're paying more for the same product labelled under the name l'oréal. not mentioning they're too good at selling their products and i hate that.

I hate that what you tried looked ok in the store and then sucks when you walk out in natural light.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love MAC pigments but hate the containers they are packaged in. They need to come in better packaging so that you are not constantly worried about spilling. I dropped a whole, brand new pot of Fuchsia pigment on my carpet
frown.gif
I'm forever worried about spilling MAC piggies
scared.gif

MAC Zoomlash - love this mascara but hate the way the lid 'fastens' - it's one of those ones where it feels like it's screwed all the way down on the tube, but then you realise that there's still a huge gap between the lid and the tube and that it hasn't been put back on properly.

Too Faced Lip Injection - how the brush bristles/fibres fell apart, on two separate tubes I had.

Barry M nail varnish - the glittery ones refused to dry on my nails.

Other than things that were already mentioned by other people in this thread, I hate how some of the department store mascaras are so expensive. I'm not at all cheap when it comes to makeup, but I don't know if I want to spend $100+ dollars a year on my eyelashes. At least when you spend $25-$30 bucks on foundation, lipstick, powder, ect, you can keep the product much longer than just 2-3 months.

i hate how all of them drain my wallet and I'm forced to eat canned foods for the next month just to save for more and get it drained again !! aha jk about the canned foods. but cosmetics are too friggin expensive ><

i also hate:

-Cargo's packaging are like....ginormous, like carrying rocks in your bag

-NARS...some are ridiculously over priced. wtf

-false advertisement on a lot of mascaras(especially Revlon's 3D extreme omg jessica alba!!) haha

-Covergirl products smell...really bad. and their foundation sucks

-make up brushes cost a leg and an arm(which is why i get cheap ones at CVS)

-MAC and some people that work there

-UDPP's packaging (i think a lot of people also know this) Fix iT!!

i can't think of anything else right now XD

ROTFL banapple!! I don't like exaggerated claims either -- like how big can your lashes get??? and there is such a thing as too glossy!! LOL

oooh i love to have a good rant
tongue.gif

i hate rimmel e/s i get lured into buying them time after time thinking 'oh that colour looks nice' and then when i try it i find that its exactly the same as any other rimmel e/s i have ever bought. first of all they wont transfer from the e/s to the brush and when you finally manage to get a bit on the brush and you put it on it lasts all of two minutes before it mysteriously dissapears!

i absolutley love no7 but when i see the boring black packaging my heart sinks! id love to walk into the shop and see the no7 rack all multicolored!

i hate l'oreal makeup cos i see the amazing 'results' on the tv adverts and when i buy the make-up its just blah! i mean the true match foundation made me look like i hadn't even bothered to put any make-up on!

nars _ ugly packaging i think and i agree the rubber gets dirty easily

mac _ i LOVE mac but i agree lip glasses can be too sticky and sometimes the s/a are not helpful at all I buy A LOT of mac jsut b/c I have a kid in a stroller doesn't mean I dont have $ to spend on cosmetics... plus shes in a cute pink stroller and a mac addict in training
smile.gif
.. Tjis never happened at the pro store or Nordstrom but at dillards Mac counter here in Ark since i have no pro one....Thats what I miss most about AZ!

Urban Decay - cheap packaging I bought a ultra lip guide.. didnt really love it..but the top part where the lid screws onto it broke and i only used it 3 times.. BOO not worth $18

Originally Posted by ienjoymakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also hate the brands that test on animals.

That's my biggest complaint about any product line. For a while now I've been very cautious to not buy products that are tested on animals. Luckily for me most of the products I use and love don't, but there are some, mostly drugstore bands like CoverGirl and L'oreal that do test on animals and I wont be buying again.

I HATE how Clinique hasn't changed their advertising or packaging since they've started (at least as far as I know). I also HATE their eyeshadows, they have no pigment, don't blend well, and don't have a good lasting power. I'm one of the few who loves their skin care, I tried every drug store skin care product on the market before finding Clinique.

I hate the Elizabeth Arden because at least the stores around me seem so 'old' and it is way over priced.

I hate Estee Lauder because their skin care is over priced. Scientific studies have found that department store eye creams don't do anything different than regular moisturisers, yet they charge $60 for eye cream. Yeah, no thanks!

I hate MAC because they have so many limited editions. It's frusterating that you have to buy so many colors NOW instead of saving up and waiting.

Hm no rants about Smashbox? I hate their cream eyeliners, looks so pretty in the pot then no pigment shows up. Their e/s is hit and miss, again pretty in the pot but nothing on my eyelid. And their mascara stuck my lashes together as well as making them look dry.

Elizabeth Arden is a wonderful brand with amazing products but their packaging is quite boring. I love their mascara but the packaging is so bad on it that I have not repurchased. The black tube has a clear tube around it, and this clear part cracks and breaks and then I cant even open the dam mascara!

I agree with the other girls on MAC. Snotty SA, hit and miss LE stuff we usually dont need, but yes some of their products are my HGs.

I wish a lot of stuff was available closer to me like UD, Stila, Shu, Nars, basically Sephora, but its an hour away, that makes me pretty mad too.

I'm not bothered about boring packaging, but rather it's the gold packaging that bothers me. Or see-through. What the....?

smile.gif

I don't like the case MAC lipstick come in. They look like bullets...

I don't like how MAC has a whole lot of similar shades - maybe off by a tinsy bit but still looks similar and their LE stuff... just keep things permanent already!

I don't like see-through or and kiddy looking packaging. Makes it look dated and cheap.

Rimmel - caca, like it looks nice from the outside but all their products suck big time!

UDPP package - that lava lamp... can't get nothing in there!

I got the Sephora Blockbuster palette for Christmas, and for the most part I LOVE it...except for the lipsticks!! They are all TERRIBLE quality!! Very chalky and thick and just uuugh. Anyone else have problems with Sephora lipsticks?

I just hate how expensive things are in Canada, compared to the U.S.!! Especially since these days our dollar is so comparable, there's really no reason for it! I've read on here that the foundation I use, Revlon ColorStay Active, is only $10 in the U.S. and here I've never found it for less than $16, and that was on sale!!

Back