What do you HATE about certain brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll start although mine are about packaging rather than products!

MAC: IMO the black palettes look so ugly compared to Stila's silver!

NARS: The rubber packaging gets grubby real easy

Continue girls!

I think Estee Lauder's packaging is ugly as sin. lol, sorry!
smile.gif

Oooh, cool thread Laura ...

Clinique - mostly the Sales Assistants, but I'm not overly impressed with their product.

Dior - Old lady packaging

MAC - the whole LE must haves thing, it happens far too often so you end up getting a lot of stuff you don't actually like just because it's limited edition. I understand that they're a fashion brand and that they have to do this but I've given away a greater percentage of stuff I've bought from MAC than any other brand.

Rimmel - just bad memories of school (trampy girls wearing Candlelit Beige (=orange) foundation, they did make other colours too) and Black Cherry lipstick (I was a bit of a goth), oh and the claim that Coffee Shimmer l/s suits everyone. It didn't suit me. They also discontinued a nail varnish I liked.

Stila - the fact that I can't get the pro e/s in the UK.

NARS - not a big fan of their e/s.

I'll try and think up more later but I do have gripes

Originally Posted by Lealabel Stila - the fact that I can't get the pro e/s in the UK.

I hate that too!!

Cover Girl--that Noxzema camphor smell is in almost everything!

L'oreal--most of the e/s and blushes go on too sheer, especially on my darker skin tone, I can't even see the colors.

Physician's Formula--they waaaay overhype their products, they're nothing special, and usually disappointing.

Clinique--same complaint, for the skin care not the MU. The performance doesn't live up to the extraordinary claims. Their skin care is so overrated.

True Blue Spa from Bath & Body Works--the shea butter products are so greasy and sticky, yet they don't sink in to moisturize. Plus they cost too much...a waste of money.

Pretty much all of the drugstore e/s and blushes have the cheapest packaging. ((Of course....)). I had when the lid stops working b/c a piece breaks after opening it only a handful of times. ~ That's another reason I DO like the Prestige e/s ~

Originally Posted by Sophia I hate how sticky Mac's lipglasses are!!! Ditto BIG TIME!

I love MAC pigments but hate the containers they are packaged in. They need to come in better packaging so that you are not constantly worried about spilling.

-ditto on the ugly packaging of certain brands

-ditto on all of MAC's LE stuff
frown.gif

-ditto on the pigments. they need to have like a shaker top or something so you don't lose the whole thing if it spills

i would like color descriptions on the labels esp foundations. it will make shopping choices easier for me.

Originally Posted by Laura I'll start although mine are about packaging rather than products!
MAC: IMO the black palettes look so ugly compared to Stila's silver!

NARS: The rubber packaging gets grubby real easy

Continue girls!

I like MAC, but I hate what everyone else has stated:

-e/s being a hit or miss

-pigment container not being very practical

Clinique- ugly packaging

Cargo- packaging too large that it fools you into thinking you're getting a lot when ur not

Sephora- e/s not pigmented enough

Sephora- love the eyeshadows but...the tops break from the hinges EVERY time for me, after only using 2x.

Originally Posted by Blondtgr Sephora- love the eyeshadows but...the tops break from the hinges EVERY time for me, after only using 2x. that happened to my sephora blush!! i had opened it up for the second time and completely broke off
icon_twisted.gif

i agree with everything everyone's said!

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE that most cosmetics brands do not make foundations that I can wear. There are so few that dark-skinned African Americans can wear. THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

Also, I hate the Estee Lauder line.... BORING!!! and UGLY!!!

Prescriptives- Boring

Dior - Boring and quite ugly packaging for a high-end brand

Okay here's my list..........

MAC- foundations, blushes...all face stuff breaks me out!

Dior and Chanel- Perfume smells in their cosmetics.

Lancome-YUCK

Clinique-Department Store prices for drugstore quality skincare

Clarins-Worst makeup colors

Prescriptives- Boring

Stila-no complaints, but I haven't been compelled to buy anything from this line.

Estee Lauder- Too pricey for overrrated products.....weird smells too.

Benefit- can I get some more shadow selections please!!!!

The list could go on forever!!!!!!! Rant is now over!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Dior and Chanel- Perfume smells in their cosmetics. totally forgot about dior! their foundation smelled like 100-year-old flowers and their lipstick smells even worse.

I hate that Clarins products are really good quality (have a lipstick and a lip liner that are so smooth and creamy) yet don't have enough colours or enough allure to draw me into buying more. They need a huge makeover.

I hate that MAC e/s are hit and miss, like Trisha said. I also wish they'd sell their products in department stores like Debenhams and House of Fraser here, then I could get them really locally rather than having to travel (same for Stila, actually).

I wish Clinique did more exciting eye shadow shades. They seem to discontinue a lot of lipstick shades, too.

I wish NARS and Shu were more widely available!!!

I HATE clinique's packaging, products and colors... They are all too muddy and boring for me... The e/s are smooth and good for using wet, but when the colors suck that doesn't really matter...

MAC Pigment containers, highly impractical and terrifying to even open for a klutz such as myself.

Stila, I hear people talking wonderful about their products, but I am not compelled to buy any. I suppose of I saw them in person I would understand.

Lancome staff, they always seem a little bored to me. Like even though they are assisting you, they are thinking that they have better things they should be doing.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE that most cosmetics brands do not make foundations that I can wear. There are so few that dark-skinned African Americans can wear. THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
ooohh Tracy you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth... that's my main pet peeve with many MU lines

Latest posts

Back