What do you keep your makeup in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you guys keep your makeup in and where did you get it? I am thinking about getting a tackle box for my stuff since my makeup bag is busting open...

:icon_loveThanks everyone!

I have a big box that I picked up from the art supply store. It is just like one of teh expensive train cases, but it was only like $20. Today I picked up a little box with sections from Ikea. I bought it for my art supplies, but i may end up putting makeup in it.

OOH! I hadn't thought of the Art Supply Store!! I can go there on Monday!! There is a BIG one right down the street from my apartment.

I had gone to WalMart earlier today, but they only had plastic tackle boxes, and I really wanted a simple metal one. I'd rather buy one in person rather than buy it online bc then I can really SEE it and be sure that it will work...

Got the first mac train case just stuffed full.......so I had to buy a second one......got both off of ebay........

i bought a makeup traincase on ebay. check out my notepad for pics
smile.gif

I have a train case, and an aluminum tackle box. I also have a fold out case for brushes, & a Trish McEvoy mini planner. HERE is a thread we had before on Makeup storage
smile.gif

Here are my :

Tackle Box

Planner

Train case

Brush Case

I just have a cheapo train case from Walgreens .... but at the rate I'm going, I might need to get some sort of tackle box or art supply box soon, I get annoyed at how I have to just stack everything up in the main compartment, I want to organize things more!
smile.gif

The lighting and flash were really bad when I took these pictures ... the traincase is actually a shiny silver/pewter pattern, and the inside is actually light gray felt! I keep my l/g and a few small misc items in the removable tray, brushes and e/l in the elastic pockets inside, and everything else in a big pile in the bottom!

i keep my makeup in a small makeup case that i bought at walmart some time ago. it is waaaaay too small now. my friend is going to buy me the mac cosmetics case as a late birthday gift, so i am holding on until then.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I keep mine in this awesome organizer from The Container Store.
Thats nice Erica!! I usually end up taking some stuff with me, so I'd probably still have a bag or case anyway... lol
icon_rolleyes.gif

I just keep mine in a makeup bag from Estee Lauder but a lot of the time it ends up all spread out on my counter. I need a bigger case so i'll quit doing that. It's so messy.

I have a Caboodles case that I got from Target for about$30. It looks like the one in Kerri's post... the second case.

hmm i might have to go to target then... We have a SuperTarget kind of down the street, and if anyone has one, it HAS to be that one!

Marisol and Kerri did you get yours in the Makeup Section of Target?

The traincases that some of you have with the aluminum and the fold out levels is EXACTLY what I was looking for, but I would rather be able to see it and buy it in person if I can, Ebay is a last resort right now for me...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Marisol and Kerri did you get yours in the Makeup Section of Target? Mine was.

i have 4 make-up bags that range in size...

one is filled w/ all my pallets, one is filled w/ single shadows, and all other eye make-up, one is fulled full foundation, powders, blushes, ect and one if full of lip goodies.

all of these bags sit in a big plastic basket.

most of the time it's strewn all over the place though.... : )

Erica, that container u got looks great. I might try to find that here.

I keep mine in a makeup case, a Sephora train case, and a black canvas bag for the MISC stuff (organized in Ziploc bags).

I use those small plastic drawers you can get from stationery places (mine are from Staples), plus a couple of plastic pen pots and small trays. I really need organising again.

Holy MAKEUP Trisha!! lol, I think you should be exempt from answering this question... You have so much makeup it is amazing!!

There isn't possibly ONE case to put all that in, unless it is a huge TRUNK!

Latest posts

Back