What do you like as an eyeshadow base?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found out about a paper thin layer of vaseline as a base. Now I'm torn between using mixing medium vs thin layer of vaseline. I don't own udpp so I cant compare the color payoff that way. What do you guys prefer?

UDPP / vaseline / mixing medium / alone ?

I just swatched my wrist and the vaseline is coming in really really close to mixing medium (still 2nd though)

opinions? swatches?

Im gonna hunt down my camera and see if i can show you guys
12.gif

Mary Kay eye primer or one of the revlon Illuminance cream shadows that corresponds with whatever colors i'm using

Hi,

I love using either Urban Decay's Primer Potion or L'Oreal's De-Crease (my eyelids are very oily). I know that others love using MAC Paints too.
sunshine.gif

im loving mac paints and always udpp. I just like the paints because it gives the color a pop.

I really like UDPP, Artdeco and Manhattan e/s base and sometimes i use Gosh shadestick or MAC paint aswell.

I use udpp. I've tried vaseline before and I don't like it. I haven't tried many other e/s bases other than using bare canvas a couple times. I really love udpp though.

Nothing...and I mean NOTHING beats UDPP! I have super oily lids and this stuff keeps any shadow on me for the entire day. No small feat for an eyeshadow base to accomplish.

UD PP is fabulous! I would never have known about it if it wasnt for posts here raving about it, and it really lived up to the hype
smile.gif
I even tried using it on one eye and not on the other and the difference in the lasting power amazed me.

At the moment I use MAC Paint in Bare Canvas, but I am seriously considering purchasing Urban Decay's Primer Potion after reading all the positive reviews.

xxx

Latest posts

Back