What do you think about Bobbi Brown's products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Bobbi Brown is a new brand here in Greece and I want to know what do you think about their products!!Is any product worth trying it???
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have to agree with Trisha! I have a few of the shimmerbricks and they are FAB!

I've tried the creamy concelaer but it doesn't do much for covering up my dark circles.

And i'm not to keen on the e/s either.

If you can, check the range out for yourself and see how you feel about the products.

I would love to try the Bronze and Beige shimmer cube's. I must add one to my wish list. Ive heard good thing's about BB makeup and brushes. They are expensive but i guess worth it. A lot of MUA use her products.

My general opinion of Bobbi Brown:

Yawn!

I think it's probably good for complexion stuff but their shadows and lipsticks are what I think of as make-up for women who don't wear make-up.

If it's your thing, great, but it's not mine. I need more colour!

i've read BB's books and all she talks about is ENHANCING a person's beauty, so that's why her stuff is very natural.

i want a shimmerbrick, but i always forget!

i've heard good things about her gel liners. i use her creamy concealer (corrector and regular), which is one of the best i've found for my dark circles.

I, too, was excited about the shimmerbricks and before they were really available online I bought the apricot shimmerbrick from an ebay seller online. Unfortunately, it's been over thirty days and I still haven't received it. Have left several messages and filed an "item not received" complaint. Nothing has happened yet! I still intend to get one some day if this never arrives. Other than that, I agree, her eyeshadows and lip colors and such do not appeal to me. I have several of her brushes and although pricey, I feel they are worth it.

You really gotta be a neutral kinda girl to like Bobbi Browns products IMO. I love her shimmerwash e/s though. Stone is my favourite.

I also love the gel eyeliners (they last longer on me than MAC fluidlines) and the shimmerbricks. I only have the bronze one but i love it!

Oh and i use the creamy concealer for under eye circles. I bought it for $9 when it was on sale on Strawberrynet.com a few months back but i dont think id pay full price for it

Originally Posted by Laura You really gotta be a neutral kinda girl to like Bobbi Browns products IMO. I love her shimmerwash e/s though. Stone is my favourite.
I also love the gel eyeliners (they last longer on me than MAC fluidlines) and the shimmerbricks. I only have the bronze one but i love it!

Oh and i use the creamy concealer for under eye circles. I bought it for $9 when it was on sale on Strawberrynet.com a few months back but i dont think id pay full price for it

You're right Laura I like natural looks!!But I'm not sure that I will try Bobbi Brown's products,because I haven't find any product that I like and they are very expensive!! Maybe I will try the Shimmerbricks,but only them!! Laura from your past posts I see that you use Chanel products,I haven't try them and I want to try some!!What do you think I should try??

Maybe you're confusing me with someone else! I dont own many Chanel products at all (way out of my budget!). I used to use their Double Perfection foundation though and i loved that. I'd recommend it if you have oily skin. However i prefer Estee Lauder Doublewear now.

You should try one of the shimmerbricks because they're cool. I only use mine as a highlighter/bronzer but my sister uses it as e/s all the time too!

I like some of her things...but, much of it like everyone else says is blah. I do use her shimmer brick in bronze, Chocolate lipstick and Stone shimmer eye shadow. Not too much else...Kind of turned off since her Fall collection this year. Bringing back matte lips(which I like) but wow price vs product amount makes you feel ripped off.

I love the Stone Shimmerwash e/s and I have a couple of eye brushes and the kabucki that I wouldn't be without. I'm completely not into a ton of bright colors so her line is perfect for me. I don't find it blah but subtle. Just the way I like it!

I just recently got the tinted moisturizer, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! :icon_love

I love Bobbi Brown!!
smile.gif
I love the Shimmerbricks, Moisture Rich foundation, Gel Liners, Shimmerwash e/s, and Blush!!

i like bobbi brown products but not all of them. my fav are their foundation - natural with many shades, shimmerwash eyeshadows - subtle and long lasting. i don't really like their lipsticks. some of their brushes are superb as well. i use their eyeshadow and eye shader brushes. i've used their shimmerbrick. as much as i like the effect, unfortunately, my sensitive skin reacts to it. so i had to give it up.

in terms of colouring, if you are after a natural look, you'd probably like bobbi. if you want more colours, then you should try something else.

Originally Posted by Lealabell My general opinion of Bobbi Brown:
Yawn!

I think it's probably good for complexion stuff but their shadows and lipsticks are what I think of as make-up for women who don't wear make-up.

If it's your thing, great, but it's not mine. I need more colour!

I have to respectfully disagree, I think BB is about letting your own beauty and skin shine through. True, she is not into bright clownish colors. However, IMO her makeup is good for your skin. I had a BB makeover in 2003 after my horrible MAC Studio Fix experience and her products were a breath of fresh air. I also love how her line has a nice range of color for women of color. BB's line is very underated and I would definitely recommend it to the original poster. BB is not about gimmicks and limited editions. I love wearing makeup and I love BB, I think BB is makeup that is "realistic" for real life and not a nightclub.

Originally Posted by Sophia Well Bobbi Brown is a new brand here in Greece and I want to know what do you think about their products!!Is any product worth trying it???
icon_rolleyes.gif
This is the picture that made me fall in love with Bobbi's line from the Fall 2003 campaign. I had a makeover in January 2003 at the Bobbi counter at Bloomingdale's in the Beverly Center. First off, I truly believe that her foundations are actually GOOD for your skin, never had any breakouts. Her shimmer wash eye shadows are beautiful, Rose Gold is my favorite. Her loose powder is my HG powder, my color is Golden Orange. The Shimmer Brick is my current lemming but I can't just fork over $35 so I'm going to try the Body Shop's version.
bobbi.jpg

I love her foundation, eyeshadows, lipgloss and shimmersticks. I think if someone though likes lots of colors they may not like her line much. Oh I use her brushes too.

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool This is the picture that made me fall in love with Bobbi's line from the Fall 2003 campaign. I had a makeover in January 2003 at the Bobbi counter at Bloomingdale's in the Beverly Center. First off, I truly believe that her foundations are actually GOOD for your skin, never had any breakouts. Her shimmer wash eye shadows are beautiful, Rose Gold is my favorite. Her loose powder is my HG powder, my color is Golden Orange. The Shimmer Brick is my current lemming but I can't just fork over $35 so I'm going to try the Body Shop's version.
bobbi.jpg

Tonia you're right the model's make up is awesome!!! The only problem with Bobbi Brown is that it's a very expensive brand here in Greece, but I definetely try something in the future!!

Latest posts

Back