What do you want from your sample boxes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only beauty subscription is Birchbox, and I've been a subscriber since November of 2010, which was their 2nd or 3rd box. I really would like to see them make better use of the profiles. I have gotten some things that were so wildly off-base from mine...curly hair stuff (mine is long and straight), acne spot treatment (I have sensitive, dry skin), neon nail polish (preference for natural and low maintenance), not to mention the crazy stick on eyeliner. The dollar value of my (non Teen Vogue) March box was pretty high, but only one product was of any use to me. The rest actually went in the trash. I would have much rather have gotten $10 worth of stuff I could use than $35 worth of things I could not. 

I'd also love to see a return to the truly deluxe sized samples of the earlier boxes. I got the Jouer LMT in an early box, and it was more than twice the size of the ones sent out recently. I'm not a fan of the packets and cards. Maybe throw them in as an extra, but not as a sample. 

Finally, more box equity. I've gotten lucky lately, but I've had my share of really pathetic boxes. What makes getting the bottom of the barrel box even worse is seeing other boxes with much higher quality or full size products. We all pay the same $10 per month, so the boxes really should be comparable in value. One person should not be getting a box full of packets while another gets a couple of full sized things.

Oh. And, please....no more coasters!

Back