What Exactly does "Overnight Shipping" Mean? (small rant)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently decided to try Aveda products again...I'm constantly tired of my very thin, very fine hair that won't do what I want it to. So I signed up for their emails and placed an order. On Tuesday I got an email offering a cool sample size set of like 3 products and also complimentary overnight shipping with a $40 purchase. Ok, I'll bite--there were a couple more things I wanted.

So I placed the order Tuesday evening--finally found out my stuff shipped I think on Thursday or even Friday. And it won't be here until Wednesday. How in ANYONE'S world is that overnight? I can understand that since it's hairspray it probably has to go ground and not air, but Aveda is HAIR CARE--most of their stuff would fit in that category, so how/why would they even OFFER overnight shipping if they know they can't get it? I figured I order it on Tuesday night...they get it out Wednesday, I'd probably have it by Friday. Nope! It's not a huge deal--its not like I needed the stuff right away, but part of the reason I took advantage was because of the free overnight shipping and now it is taking just as long to get it as if I'd have just gotten regular shipping. Just sort of frustrating I guess...thanks for listening to me rant. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back