What Fashion Faux Pas do you commit and will never give up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all do it...but will you admit it?? Whether it's the acid washed skinny jeans you still wear or favorite underwear that has holes in it. I wanna know your wardrobe faux pas and why you won't let it go??

I will forever wear leggings. I don't care if they are out of fashion. They look cute with mini-dresses and long sweater. Plus, I'd rather wear leggings than flash my crotch to the world. I will also continue wearing my Fuggs...I mean Uggs. And Yes I tuck my pants into them. BUT..I can say that I live where it snows, so I wear them for comfort and warmth.

lol. i love all your threads!
wink.gif

hm... i have a few... not too much.

first, underwear with holes! LOL. they are too too too comfortable for my to throw them away
wink.gif
SSSHHHH

second, too short skirts... OMG.. they look horrid..

thirdly, wearing minis with something revealing! i look like a skank..

and.. um.. i forgot.. lol. i'll update when i rmb...

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif leggings THAT flash your crotch to the world? LOL LMAO...I fixed it...hahahahah. I like to wear crotchless leggings...

Ugly elastic shot faded undies. I know better. I do. I have just never made underwear a priority. Oh and Solimar and Benebaby if UGGS are a faux paux I will add that to the list soon because I am getting a pair. I love the idea of not wearing socks with them. AHHHHH comfort!

I didnt even know Uggs and Leggings were fashion Faux Pax! Everyone I know has them and every fashionable store I know sold them.

I love them both to death and I love wearing them with a jean skirt. What can I say, I look and feel sexy in them. Not skanky at all. (I find it more skanky to wear a mini with stilettos - which I've done too... but thats a totally different story)

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didnt even know Uggs and Leggings were fashion Faux Pax! Everyone I know has them and every fashionable store I know sold them.
I love them both to death and I love wearing them with a jean skirt. What can I say, I look and feel sexy in them. Not skanky at all. (I find it more skanky to wear a mini with stilettos - which I've done too... but thats a totally different story)

I think you hit the nail on the head here. If you feel sexy in them then you project an image that is positive and fashionable. You are sure of yourself and confident in your look.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif LMAO...I fixed it...hahahahah. I like to wear crotchless leggings... Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love my uggs! I won't give 'em up. Rock on!
rockwoot.gif

I like my dingy pajamas that I've had since the end of 9th grade. They are so worn, they are practically see through. But I love them!
biggrin.gif

Also, being lazy putting on a sweater with nothing underneath. I simply button it up all the way and dash out to run errands.

Also, literally getting up out of bed and going out to run errands, without fixing my appearance.

I match my earrings to my outfit. To me this is a NO NO but i still do it. However, I never match my shoes to my outfit. Too...meh..matchy?

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I match my earrings to my outfit. To me this is a NO NO but i still do it. However, I never match my shoes to my outfit. Too...meh..matchy? LOL...I do the same thing BUT I love it...I didn't even know that was faux paus.!
I actually probably match my accessories to much anyway, my earrings match my outfit which matches my shoes and most of the time my purse as well....LOL. I can't help it I like to cooooorrdinate. (If you've ever watch the movies Boomerang, you know where I got that from).

Let's see I have some old worn pajama's that I love dearly.

I often will coordinate my eyeshadow with my outfit, I don't care what anyone says, I don't like to have on a totally different color scheme on my eyes than I have on.

Wow! Nice to see so many supporters of leggings and Fuggs! I'm a huge fan of leggings and will never give them up because they are comfortable, cheap, and look damn good on me. Depending on how I wear them, they can make me feel sexy, punk-ish, or both. I also just bought my first pair of fuggs (black, calf lenght) and I love tucking my skinny jeans into them and rolling down the cuff. They're cute, comfortable, and look a lot more stylish than flip-flops. Plus, they're a lot more practical now that they whether is turning cold. When I was younger, I used to love my jean jacket and I wore it with everything. Including non-matching jeans and demin skirts. I didn't give this up until my second year of college. Thankfully, I have switched to a black hoodie.

I'm not necessarily like that with cloths, but I'm like that with jewelry like my chandelier earings I'll never stop wearing them, I think they're fabulous! And I don't care if they're in style or not, I'll keep wearing them.
smiletongue.gif

Skanky laundry day pants probably. They are too comfy to bin!!

Flip flops in winter, for the same reason.

My worst fashion faux pas that I still love is my lounging wardrobe. Lots of oversized (from my fiancé, brother etc) t-shirts or sweaters, stretched out sweatpants. Some have holes, some don´t. I´ll put that stuff on as soon as I get home, I HAVE to be comfortable when hanging out at home.

It´s also pretty gross that I don´t wear any underwear at home, and I eat in bed wearing these ugly clothes. Of course I sometimes spill some yoghurt on my shirt or whatever, but I don´t really bother washing it.

I just love to look all "eww" at home cause I get dolled up when I leave the house anyway. I like it that I don´t have to dress up for anyone at home.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif My worst fashion faux pas that I still love is my lounging wardrobe. Lots of oversized (from my fiancé, brother etc) t-shirts or sweaters, stretched out sweatpants. Some have holes, some don´t. I´ll put that stuff on as soon as I get home, I HAVE to be comfortable when hanging out at home.
It´s also pretty gross that I don´t wear any underwear at home, and I eat in bed wearing these ugly clothes. Of course I sometimes spill some yoghurt on my shirt or whatever, but I don´t really bother washing it.

I just love to look all "eww" at home cause I get dolled up when I leave the house anyway. I like it that I don´t have to dress up for anyone at home.

Okay that is me in a nutshell at home. No one would ever recognize me if they knocked on my door. I pull all of my hair up to the top of my head and clip it. I look homeless.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif We all do it...but will you admit it?? Whether it's the acid washed skinny jeans you still wear or favorite underwear that has holes in it. I wanna know your wardrobe faux pas and why you won't let it go??
I will forever wear leggings. I don't care if they are out of fashion. They look cute with mini-dresses and long sweater. Plus, I'd rather wear leggings than flash my crotch to the world. I will also continue wearing my Fuggs...I mean Uggs. And Yes I tuck my pants into them. BUT..I can say that I live where it snows, so I wear them for comfort and warmth.

Hi,
Sneakers...ugg. I wear them everywhere. One would think I didn't own a pair of shoes.
laughing.gif

Latest posts

Back