What Foundation Should I Buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my DH today broke my makeup bottle by mistake
scared.gif
10.gif

I really liked the foundation I was using, L'oreal, True-Match, it really gave me a great coverage and hid more than any other foundation I have ever used.

So I'm gonna go foundation hunting soon (sounds so fun can't wait!) but i really would like you hear your opinions about whats best, what I should stay away from lol.

I would love to buy MAC but they don't have that makeup brand in my country (I don't live any more in Canada like my flag says). I'm basically looking for some thing that would give me full coverage but still light and natural looking. what foundations do you guys have and recommend?

I really like Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm not sure if they have that there, but it's my HG!

Dior Forever is a nice foundation if you like matte. It stays on just like the name says and does not look mask looking. personally i like something with a little bit of a glow, but this ihave tried and it's a good foundation.

Thanks, we have Estee Lauder here and I think we also have Dior, I'll look for it and try it out.

Originally Posted by SamBam /img/forum/go_quote.gif So my DH today broke my makeup bottle by mistake
scared.gif
10.gif
I really liked the foundation I was using, L'oreal, True-Match, it really gave me a great coverage and hid more than any other foundation I have ever used.

So I'm gonna go foundation hunting soon (sounds so fun can't wait!) but i really would like you hear your opinions about whats best, what I should stay away from lol.

I would love to buy MAC but they don't have that makeup brand in my country (I don't live any more in Canada like my flag says). I'm basically looking for some thing that would give me full coverage but still light and natural looking. what foundations do you guys have and recommend?

I can suggest some things to look for when selecting a foundation. Try and avoid any product that has bismuth, talc or oils. These can cause skin irritation and clog pores on some people.

Look for a product that has mainly if not all natural ingredients. Just be aware that bismuth IS considered a natural product. It is a by-product of copper mining and is a heavy metal related to lead and arsenic. It is also VERY shiny. I am not suggesting bismuth is harmful but the potential is there. I just think there needs to be more studies done on the effect of bismuth before any conclusions can be made.

It's expensive though but for a foundation that is long lasting this is the best i've tried. It really does stay on, which sometimes doesn't happen with "long wearing" foundation.

Good luck, because it isn't always that easy when it comes to fdn.

I am in love with Revlon Color Stay for a drug store brand it gives great coverage and a great range of colors. I also really like Make Up Forever Matte Foundation. It's not oily and has great staying power. If you want to check the ingredients on any foundations before you buy try going to drugstore.com. Good luck, have fun.

I don't know if you have neutrogena, covergirl, or mark there but I've tried all these brands of foundation and love them. I have tried more expensive brands but I have really sensitive skin. Hope that helps and good luck.

Try the Foundation on Benefit they are really good specialy the some kind of gorgeous

Although it's a little pricey, I love my Make Up For Ever Liquid Lift Foundation. They also have something called Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation, but I don't have a good match in in.

I like MAC but since you dont have that, try using estee lauder double wear. the only thing about that is if you take a lot of pictures, youll look like a ghost in them. its defintely a lot of coverage! i used to use that but now i use Mark. face Xpert. you order it online so im sure that you could buy it there.. i think its very similar to MAC but Mark. is only $8.. let me know if you need more information because im a Mark. rep!

Latest posts

Back