What goes around, comes around!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont know if any of you girls are members on SwapTalk but if you are then you'll HAVE to remember the threads about the notorious swaplifter Courtney76/Jliss500/eatthedictionary/maaadeline.. She stole hundreds of $$$ worth of products from girls on swapping & make up boards & it came back to bite her in the ass today!

The Associated Press

Updated: 12:29 p.m. ET July 26, 2005

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - An East Rutherford woman has been accused by authorities of amassing more than $12,000 in free merchandise by claiming she was Jessica Simpson's assistant.

Courtney Handel, 23, was arrested Friday. By Sunday, she had been released from East Rutherford police headquarters, where she had been detained. Police said she faces charges of theft by deception, fraud and trademark infringement.

Police said Handel sent e-mails and faxes to companies posing as Simpson assistant CaCee Cobb.

Simpson, 25, stars as Daisy Duke in the upcoming "The Dukes of Hazzard" film.

Handel told the companies the singer-actress had expressed interest in their products. But she used her own address, and when police detectives arrived Friday, they said they found her home full of merchandise.

"As we were standing outside, UPS pulled up with 12 more packages. We turned to each other and said, ‘If only all our cases could be this easy,'" Detective Sgt. Jeff Yannaconi told the New York Daily News.

Frye boots, PH Advantage cosmetics, Pagliei jewelry, Ted Rossi handbags, Peter Thomas Roth skin care products and Fake Bake tanning products were among the items, police said.

Police were arranging to return the products to the companies.

So if by any chance you were swaplifted by her, then log on to Swaptalk now because the girls are gonna try and contact the police involved in this case now!

Originally Posted by Laura

I dont know if any of you girls are members on SwapTalk but if you are then you'll HAVE to remember the threads about the notorious swaplifter Courtney76/Jliss500/eatthedictionary/maaadeline.. She stole hundreds of $$$ worth of products from girls on swapping & make up boards & it came back to bite her in the ass today!

The Associated Press

Updated: 12:29 p.m. ET July 26, 2005

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - An East Rutherford woman has been accused by authorities of amassing more than $12,000 in free merchandise by claiming she was Jessica Simpson's assistant.

Courtney Handel, 23, was arrested Friday. By Sunday, she had been released from East Rutherford police headquarters, where she had been detained. Police said she faces charges of theft by deception, fraud and trademark infringement.

Police said Handel sent e-mails and faxes to companies posing as Simpson assistant CaCee Cobb.

Simpson, 25, stars as Daisy Duke in the upcoming "The Dukes of Hazzard" film.

Handel told the companies the singer-actress had expressed interest in their products. But she used her own address, and when police detectives arrived Friday, they said they found her home full of merchandise.

"As we were standing outside, UPS pulled up with 12 more packages. We turned to each other and said, ‘If only all our cases could be this easy,'" Detective Sgt. Jeff Yannaconi told the New York Daily News.

Frye boots, PH Advantage cosmetics, Pagliei jewelry, Ted Rossi handbags, Peter Thomas Roth skin care products and Fake Bake tanning products were among the items, police said.

Police were arranging to return the products to the companies.

So if by any chance you were swaplifted by her, then log on to Swaptalk now because the girls are gonna try and contact the police involved in this case now!

LMAO! funny

Complete nut job.. There's another weirdo doing her rounds on MU boards too at the moment. I'll email the details to you Tony so you can ban her in case she ever tries to join. She's after swaplifting over 2000 worth of products in the past month & is now trying to play the "I'm the victim in all this" card!

wowwwwwww. haha, suckaaaaaa
wink.gif
that's so crazy, though.

Originally Posted by Laura

Complete nut job.. There's another weirdo doing her rounds on MU boards too at the moment. I'll email the details to you Tony so you can ban her in case she ever tries to join. She's after swaplifting over 2000 worth of products in the past month & is now trying to play the "I'm the victim in all this" card!

Ok, contact me and let me know who it is. We can ban email addys, IPs and usernames

Yes the tables always turn. Runwaymakeup on ebay is another thief,check out he appaling feedback and read right back in total disbelive!

Originally Posted by Charmaine

WHAT?!
icon_eek.gif
She has made them private cause she doesn't want everyone to know exactly what it was that she'd been doing! OMG girls, just for makeup. I love makeup, but seriously, now.

Quite amazing people keep buying from her

i was very tempted to buy the stila re
redface.gif
rient lip glazes from runwaymakeup. i didn't want to risk it though. the fact that she had negative feedback and had her feedback private is a BIG BIG BIG warning sign! if you bought from them, you're an idiot.

that has got to be the funniest bust I've read about in a while... it's the kind of stuff that makes COPS amusing... why oh why would someone put themselves in that kind of situation??

OMG ! I saw this on the news this morning!! I didn't know she was a swaplifter too!
icon_eek.gif
Wow... maybe "Cacee Cobb" can swindle out a good lawyer and a key to her new handcuffs!
wink.gif

What some people do for freebies is crazy!

As you said Laura, what goes around comes around, and she sure got what was coming to her.

Runway charges really high prices for shipping. I dont think she is as much a thief as a bad seller - ie not shipping on time, not describing items well. She has a lot of names on eBay too iirc. Cant remember them all

wow ,i cant belive this is the same girl from the swap site.what a greedy witch.Serves her right,i dont feel bad for people like her.
icon_twisted.gif

Latest posts

Back