What has been your absolute favorite Birchbox-discovered product to date?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over half of my welcome box last month = repeats. BB points really saved me from being super upset about it as the repeat samples I got were pretty craptastic. 
frown.gif
 Hoping the TV box is as golden to me as the CR box would have been! 

In my few months with them, I did notice they like to repeat perfume samples, I wasnt aware about the rest of the samples. Interesting.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Over half of my welcome box last month = repeats. BB points really saved me from being super upset about it as the repeat samples I got were pretty craptastic. 
frown.gif

I received the Showstoppers tape, the very mini Jouer lip gloss in BB pink, and a Viva La Juicy sample. 
icon_eek.gif
 The lip gloss was nice on but that sample is crazy mini and I have no use for the tape. Otherwise, I got that bronzing powder in a puff which looked horrid on me, and the Eye Rock eyeliner stickers which is okay, I suppose, but I love doing my own eyeliner so I'll likely give it to my nieces. I would have preferred the Violent Lips to wear for fun. Sadly, my favorite thing out of the entire box was the BB points I earned for the reviews and my Viva La Juicy sample as I already wear it sometimes and it's nice to have vials around for my purse/travel. 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In my few months with them, I did notice they like to repeat perfume samples, I wasnt aware about the rest of the samples. Interesting.

I just ordered the Jouer lip gloss in BB pink, I didnt know it is going to be very mini, or else I wouldnt have bought it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received the Showstoppers tape, the very mini Jouer lip gloss in BB pink, and a Viva La Juicy sample. 
icon_eek.gif
 The lip gloss was nice on but that sample is crazy mini and I have no use for the tape. Otherwise, I got that bronzing powder in a puff which looked horrid on me, and the Eye Rock eyeliner stickers which is okay, I suppose, but I love doing my own eyeliner so I'll likely give it to my nieces. I would have preferred the Violent Lips to wear for fun. Sadly, my favorite thing out of the entire box was the BB points I earned for the reviews and my Viva La Juicy sample as I already wear it sometimes and it's nice to have vials around for my purse/travel. 

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Though I hear it's on the smaller size as well, I think the one from the BB store is much bigger than the sample size. It's a beautiful color! 

I just ordered the Jouer lip gloss in BB pink, I didnt know it is going to be very mini, or else I wouldnt have bought it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what is this TV box and CR box you speak of?

frown.gif

CR = Cynthia Rowley box from last year.

TV = The March Teen Vogue box.

A lot of times I spell it out but I got lazy and noticed other people shortened it too. 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by francie nolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what is this TV box and CR box you speak of?

that's like the stuff I got in my last box that made me quit BB altogether. (free-sized) tape + (free-sized) random drink powder + (likely free-sized) half-spilled tiny thing of grease + raandom (free-sized) "yogini" perfume + pore-fessionals. "Four to five hand-picked deluxe samples" my butt, front page of BirchBox; I'm not miserly, but I don't like being misled.

people are worried the TV box will be like the CR box, but I sure as heck wish more than one of my BB's was even in the ballpark lol

icon_eek.gif
 The lip gloss was nice on but that sample is crazy mini and I have no use for the tape.

Your Pore-fessionals makes it better than my box. 
icon_lol.gif
 BUT omg at the half empty, leaking, tiny thingy of grease! That may make it as bad as my box. It's really hard to get such a disappointing thing in the mail for $10. 
frown.gif
 BB points truly saved it for me.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's like the stuff I got in my last box that made me quit BB altogether. (free-sized) tape + (free-sized) random drink powder + (likely free-sized) half-spilled tiny thing of grease + raandom (free-sized) "yogini" perfume + pore-fessionals. "Four to five hand-picked deluxe samples" my butt, front page of BirchBox; I'm not miserly, but I don't like being misled.

people are worried the TV box will be like the CR box, but I sure as heck wish more than one of my BB's was even in the ballpark lol

So far I've received 2 Birchboxes, and I really love this service.  Its hard to pick a favorite.  I liked the Algenist Firming cream I rec'd in my first box, and I rec'd the Orofluido hair oil last month, and I just love it.  I bought a 2nd subscription to Birchbox so I'm getting 2 boxes this month, and I'm getting another Orofludo sample with my new subsription - yay!  I love the Birchbox points!

I'm really happy with Birchbox!  Its kind of funny that some of things some people complain about are the things I really like and wish I had received. 

I love discovering new products so far my favorite BB discoveries are the Orofuido and the Beauty Blender. I was surprised how much I like the Beauty Blender, I didn't think a sponge would be worth such a price but I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

Originally Posted by CarmenVF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love discovering new products so far my favorite BB discoveries are the Orofuido and the Beauty Blender. I was surprised how much I like the Beauty Blender, I didn't think a sponge would be worth such a price but I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

Truth! I picked up one of the drugstore knockoffs to try for comparison, but I LOVE my Beauty Blender so much! It's seriously weird how much of a difference it makes.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Benefit POREfessional has (so far) been my absolute favorite. I was planning on using my points to get that, but now I'm getting a free full-size one for hosting a House Party, so.......

OMG! You got to host a House Party?! SO jealous and excited for you! I bet it was awesome!!

My favorite discovery to date has been the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective serum. I was sad I didn't get a beauty blender, so I bought the full-size Clearly Corrective, the beautyblender travel kit, and the chuao chocopods for $11...after trading in the 700 points I had somehow amassed...mwahahahah!

Ok I had to add my Orofluido to the list. I guess if I had to put them in order since the question is which ONE product is your favorite... my list would be:

1. Orofluido

2. Exude lipstick

3. Befine night cream

BUT the Orofluido only beat out the Exude by thismuch and only because of the Exude price of $29.00 because seriously yall if you try it you will fall in love with it, it just makes your lips look so pretty!! The one in my box was nude and I am considering getting it in Coral when I can get at least 10.00 off.

Ok I will list my faves out of the 2 boxes that I have, cuz I cant pick one over the other. 

My fave from Jan was the Befine night cream (ordering it from BB) and my fave from Feb is the Exude lipstick, hopefully by the time I finish the full size sample I will have enough points to go toward a purchase.

Hmm, I'm going to have to include two, just because I can not pick. I got a gift subscription in December, so my first box was January, 2012. Since then, I've loved:

1. Zoya. Zoya nail polish got me back into painting my nails. I never did my nails before getting this polish in Kirsten in my Jan. box, just because everything else I've used chipped, and I HATE the look of chipped nails. But oh goodness, now I'm on a spree of painting my nails. I bought the entire Feel collection of Zoya and can't wait for more colors to come out on the BB website.
  2. Tarte's Lipsurgence in Joy. When I got this color in my Teen Vogue BB, I was pretty sad, just because it's orange. But I love love love the color on my lips - it makes it a nice peachy-pink color. It's something I would have NEVER tried on my own, and I would have really missed out. Definitely going to purchase when my sample runs out.

If I had to give a few "Honorable Mentions," it'd easily go to the beautyblender and the essie luxeeffects nail polish, though I've already a fan of essie. XD

Back