What has been your absolute favorite Birchbox-discovered product to date?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was using up a Color Couture pequi hair oil bottle and was really blah about the whole hair oil trend in general. Although it moisturized my dyed hair, it didn't make it soft. All this talk about the Orofludio and Kerastase, however, makes me excited to crack open my samples!

To me, they are miles above drug store items. I bought the Orofluido and will probably purchase the Kerastase once I finish it. I love getting to sample something before making a purchase. I dont like spending 50.00 on something only to find out it wasnt worth the investment. 

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was using up a Color Couture pequi hair oil bottle and was really blah about the whole hair oil trend in general. Although it moisturized my dyed hair, it didn't make it soft. All this talk about the Orofludio and Kerastase, however, makes me excited to crack open my samples!

Carol's Daughter Monoi Hair Mask is amazing! It's changed my hair for the better.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser,  Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer, & Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel!!

My faves so far are Eyeko Skinny eyeliner, Modelco mascara (my Momma loved that one), and the Mox lip butter.

I agree with those who say the Zoya nail polish. I got 2 small sized Zoya samples in the 5 or 6 months I subbed last year, and I absolutely love Zoya! They are one of the only brands I will wear now. 

So far, there have been a few FAVES: BeautyBlender (didn't receive it but heard so many good things about it, I decided to buy it), Pillow Soft Curls and the Schick Hydro 5 blade razor (once I learned the trick about keeping your razor OUT of the bathroom since moisture kills the blade faster than anything).

So far I have LOVED and purchased 

• Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (Got this in my first box (Jan) and I still use it every day)
  • Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré (24-Hour Miracle Cream) (Also got this is my first box (Jan--best box I've had) and purchased the biggest one they had. I will buy this again!)
  • Dr. Jart+ BB cream (I got the detox black label one but I ordered the regular one. I like it! I may try something new next time just because I am curious. Also, on a kind of related note, Tarte's BB cream made me break out (I think it was that--the only new thing I tried!). Anyone else try Tarte BB cream?)
  • Vasanti Brighten Up (didn't actually get a sample of this, but I purchased it based off of the raving reviews from people who have!)

Looking forward to April's box!

Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream - My skin just looks amazing after I use it. Since it is so spendy, I only use it 2x week after my Fresh Umbrian Clay mask. My skin glows for days. I caved and bought the full size.

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo - When I reviewed this product, I gave it 3 stars because I didn't like the musky smell. After using the sample for a week, I realized that I really like the smell and it helped with my dandruff. I plan on buying the revival kit with points.

Macadamia Healing Oil - It really does cut down on drying time and it makes my hair shine in a non-greasy way. It just looks brighter and healthier. I just bought the full size.

This is why I subscribe to Birchbox...finding awesome new products that I never would have tried on my own.

there have been quite a few products i've really liked, but only two i've liked enough to purchase. first was the fresh lotus youth preserve face cream. the two sample packets i received lasted a looong time, i have combo/oily skin and apply face creams very conservatively. it has a refreshing scent, absorbs fairly quick, and doesn't break me out.

the second is the beauty protector detangle spray... me and a million other people, haha. i have fine, long, color-treated hair which is tangled/snarled up 24/7, and oils weigh it down unless i apply veryyy sparingly - which can be a chore to do if i'm in a rush (which tbh i usually am). this stuff is light, detangles it like nothing else and smells amazing! almost like a hair perfume :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i also really liked the harvey prince skinny chic perfume, but by the time i decided i wanted it, 'twas sold out in the BB shop.

There's been a few for me:

• Scalisi Moisturizer- expensive, but I received this in my first box and love it..I've traded to end up with a few bottles to last me until I have enough points to purchase the full size bottle ($85).
  • Kushmi tea- it's a tea, but I love this tea!
  • TheBalm Hot Mama- love this blush, purchased the full size after 2 uses of the sample..it's def.. my go-to!
  • Sumita Eye Pencil- received this in March's box in Aisha (the darker blue).  I planned on trading this as soon as I saw it and when I opened the cap to look at the color, I knicked it so decided to try it.  So glad I did!  It's actually subtle but makes my eyes pop and doesn't smudge at all..Plan on buying other pencils from them.
  • Vasanti Brighten Up- received in March box as well..all the reviews are right..plan to purchase full size when sample is gone.

My newest loves from BB; Dr Jart's Black Label Detox BB cream,  Lafco Fig candle (BB Home box), L'Occitane Jasmin & Bergamote perfume (BB Home box),  actually everything that was in the Home/Garden box!

What a fun thread! This is going to sound silly but my favorite product has to be the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips. Never before have I tried a chapstick/lip balm that kept my lips soft and lasted all night long! I'm a little obsessed! 

Orofluido Elixir Oil has changed my life. Well it's changed my hair. I LOVE this stuff.

My favorite thing Birchbox has ever sent is the Vasanti. It makes a huge difference in my face. Nothing else gets rid of the dead, flaky skin along my jawline as well as this scrub. It's the only thing that helps make my face less red. The Sumita eyeliners are a close second, but they are a pain to get off.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaylay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  beauty protector and dr jart water fuse bb cream!
A million times, this. I actually buy the gold label Dr Jart, and love it best, but I had never even heard of BB cream, much less tried it, until Birchbox. It just makes such a huge difference in the appearance of my skin, and it has SPF 45!

I never even sampled Beauty Protect, but bought it to protect from dryer heat, because of the hype, and it is hair changing, for sure. I even use it on my dog's ear hair, because she is a Japanese Chin, and her hair there is really frizzy-curly, but other conditioners I've tried there make her look greasy. I have to condition her, otherwise she gets dreadlocks.

Quote: Originally Posted by lsarao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What a fun thread! This is going to sound silly but my favorite product has to be the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips. Never before have I tried a chapstick/lip balm that kept my lips soft and lasted all night long! I'm a little obsessed! 
I totally second this. I also love the way it reflects light and transforms my highly pigmented lips to a more nude appearance. It's better than a lip gloss for me. I love mixing it with very dry lip colors. 

Other amazing birchbox discoveries include Jane Tran bobby pins, and anything from Number 4 Hair Care. 

Back