What in Makeup Do You Refuse To Do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great advice! I typically just don't wear eyeliner, but I will definitely try this out next time I do. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Instead of using the black liner just by itself(especially if you feel you lack the ability to put it on correctly(but btw that just takes practice you'll get it!), try putting it on kinda messy but closer to the lash line, then use a smudge brush or just your finger(gently) to smudge it out. It will look much neater, and a lot less harsh.

Pencil eyeliner. I only use a gel liner applied with a thin brush.
I cannot stand pencil eyeliner on the top lid. I always use either dark eyeshadow or gel/cream eyeliner. They just don't look the same & are harder to work with imo. I do like them on the waterline. The only excellent pencil I found was the Tarte aqua gel eyeliner. It's like lining your eyes with a pencil gel liner & it's just as dark & pigmented, gorgeous. However, its really soft & gets used up very quickly so it's expensive imo.

Eyelash curling. I'm afraid that I would rip OT my lashes if I need to blink while using one.

I will never tattoo makeup on my face. also, I will never wear tightlined black liner alone--it looks too weird/intense on me.

Originally Posted by marci65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eyelash curling. I'm afraid that I would rip OT my lashes if I need to blink while using one.

You shouldn't be afraid of a curler, I've never heard of anyone hurting themselves with one, and it's a tool i use EVERY time I'm doing my makeup. It dramatically makes eyes look so much more awake and beautiful. I suggest (carefully) trying it out. Just get semi close to the lash line(the worst thing you can do it pinch yourself, it hurts a bit but wont cause damage) then hold it down just for 5 seconds. Repeat if necessary but usually it isnt.

Try it out! Be adventurous, but just be careful. I'd say there is nothing to worry about :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello,

I think the make should not be so hard that can damage our skin and always uses trustworthy products or natural ingredients to maintain your skin glow. I always uses natural make up and its really works well.

You can use shading brush which made of pony hair or nylon hair.

I like to communicate with you about the brush...

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will never tattoo makeup on my face. also, I will never wear tightlined black liner alone--it looks too weird/intense on me.

I agree about the cosmetic tattoo's. I have seen some pretty bad jobs, especially with the eyebrows and eye liner. I know one lady who thought bright pink lips would be wonderful to have. She got them tattooed and it's been about 15 years now. They're still going strong! If you end up not liking it,  you're stuck with it. I like knowing that if I make a mistake it can be washed off right away.

they might look intimidating, but like jwls750 said, they're surprisingly easy to use and pain-free. if your lashes are pretty straight, there's almost no point in putting mascara on w/o using one (like me). I would just be wary of cheap curlers--it's pretty rare, but I've heard a couple horror stories of people using cheap curlers and chopping their lashes off

I ditto the tattoo makeup. I am afraid of anything permanent, Can't think of anything else at the top of my head, but I'm sure there are other things I really dislike.

I agree with the tattoo makeup and the shaving eyebrows and redrawing them on. Also the dark liner with light lipstick. And I have a cousin who does super bright eyeshadows all the way up to her brows. She looks like a clown, I've tried to tell her it's not a good look, but she thinks it is, so oh well. But I will never do it unless I mean to look like a clown for Halloween or something!

I give up on trying liquid eyeliner, I'm sticking to gels/cremes or pencils if I'm in a real hurry. Apparently my hands are too shaky to handle liquid and I always manage to screw it up, for some reason I have better control with a brush and gel or creme.

I would never ever tattoo on any makeup. I love changing my look on a daily basis.

So I have a funny story about this....I was curling my lashes on my right eye and my hubby decided to startle me....I ended up ripping most of the lashes on my right eye out.  I wore falsies for weeks.  I was so freaked out by it that I asked my friend "OMG ARE THEY GONNA GROW BACK?!?!?".  He now knows to not bother me while I do makeup.

I don't leave makeup out because my kittens think it's a toy.

I will NEVER wear liquid foundation. I can't stand it. I hardly wear any sort of makeup on my face other than my eyes and lips. 

I will probably never wear bronzers, spray tans, etc. My skin's naturally pale and I like it the way it is. Also, I tend to gravitate towards pink blushes and cool colors, so I think a bronzer wouldn't fit my coloring anyway.

I will never use a tanning bed or spray tan, and also I hate curling my lashes. It does not work on me!!

Latest posts

Back