What is Bb cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used bb cream? I've heard about it since last year or so but haven't done any research into it. I just learned that amercian companies are now picking up the product and making it their own. What does that actually mean and how is their product different from the asian ones

Can it be used on guys?

I saw some stuff about bb cream for men and it didn't seem to fair very well so can guys use girls bb cream? And, correct me if I'm wrong, bb cream is like an all-in-one skin taker carer right? Doesn't really do anything too drastic but has nice subtle affect?

my sister had a blog post she did a few years back on asian bb creams (before the american companies really came out with theirs)

She has a lot of info on it and reviewed 9 different creams with her friend.  There's a couple of videos posted talking about them, too.

http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/2010/12/huge-bb-cream-overview-reviews-swatches.html

I think a lot of the american ones lean closer towards a tinted moisturizer than a true bb cream, but I haven't tried a ton of them.  I've tried Garnier's, but it leaves my face feeling perma-wet, even after I try to set it with powder.

BB creams are used in place of foundation, and have a sheer to sheer-to-medium coverage.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my sister had a blog post she did a few years back on asian bb creams (before the american companies really came out with theirs)

She has a lot of info on it and reviewed 9 different creams with her friend.  There's a couple of videos posted talking about them, too.

http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/2010/12/huge-bb-cream-overview-reviews-swatches.html

I think a lot of the american ones lean closer towards a tinted moisturizer than a true bb cream, but I haven't tried a ton of them.  I've tried Garnier's, but it leaves my face feeling perma-wet, even after I try to set it with powder.

BB creams are used in place of foundation, and have a sheer to sheer-to-medium coverage.
Thanks, Annelle. This was a very helpful link. Wow, your sister is gorgeous!

Thanks Annelle. These video might be helpful to many. I agree with sleepykat that you both sisters are gorgeous.

Back