What is he saying by this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well i am sure if you have read some of my recent threads you will see that. I have been off bc for about 16 days now going on 17 and have had multiple sex acts with my husband using the pull out method.. well last week i was talking to him about have a baby.. he said.. i dont think we are ready babe.. and the other night. i was looking at my belly and caught him watching me and i was like.. you know there is a baby in there.. and he rubbed it and kissed.. i was like in shock.. but at the same time i was like ... AWWW! but is he ready or isnt he? what is he saying i cant read him? either way if i am preg.. i know we are keeping it and well looks like he will have to be ready

is it.. if i am he is happy with it.. if im not he is happy with it?

He probably isn't ready, but if you are he'll handle it.

But the pull out method isn't reliable if you don't want to conceive.

You need to ask HIM. Rubbing a "maybe" pregnant belly is a lot different than waking up at midnight to feed a screaming baby.

Yeah, you need to ask HIM if he is ready or not. To me, it seems like from what he said, he probably is not. Most people have a really good idea as to when they are ready or not. If you are pregnant, and you are going to have one, he has no choice but to make himself ready -- but that kind of sucks...

When it comes to having a baby, nobody is really ready. I have loved the closeness I share with my husband and would be content with it just being US. I am thirty years old, have been with my husband for five years, been sober for 3, have enough in savings to live comfortably, no debt, full coverage health insurance and I'm still overwhelmed by this pregnancy. I cannot imagine what it would be like without any of these things. The relationship and the baby both deserve the best possible start, the time to start saving is now.

Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif When it comes to having a baby, nobody is really ready. I have loved the closeness I share with my husband and would be content with it just being US. I am thirty years old, have been with my husband for five years, been sober for 3, have enough in savings to live comfortably, no debt, full coverage health insurance and I'm still overwhelmed by this pregnancy. I cannot imagine what it would be like without any of these things. The relationship and the baby both deserve the best possible start, the time to start saving is now. I agree with you.

I think you might want to be married for awhile before you get pregnant. Do you both have the resources available if you are indeed pregnant?

Nobody is ever really "ready" because it is a lot more exhausting/painful/scary/enjoyable/wonderful than you could imagine. However, having a baby under strained circumstances (and I don't know your situation) makes it an incredible strain on a marriage. I got married at 19 and we had our first baby 3 years later. Since my husband was a Marine, we hadn't really spent much time together. It was still too soon, in my opinion. But the support system we had created made it doable and even wonderful. Now, 11 years and 2 boys later, we are barely getting to spend some alone time together.

His saying that he isn't ready means he might want to enjoy you all to himself for a while more(totally okay) and his rubbing your belly means that the thought of it is probably exciting to him. But sometimes the fantasy of having his baby doesn't match the reality of the uncomforts of pregnancy and the fear a man sometimes has of what is happening to his wife's body and mind. All that aside, it can be wonderful. Good luck and HTH!

Latest posts

Back