What is MAC doing?!?!??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ALrighty.. Belle Azure is out, we have all seen the colors, LustreVision is out in Asia.. most of us seen those too (looks like us USA people will not get that line) However, whats with the eerie similarities? Belle Azure is almost just like freshwater, then another color is JUST LIKE Plum Dressing..hmmm. Is this MAC's way of releasing the same colors with a slight, slight EVERY SO slight change under a new name?

Maybe i am just plain nuts.
tongue.gif

Yeah, it's a money-making scheme. They make faithfuls think they HAVE to have it because it's LE, but really they have other very similar colors that aren't doomed to be immediately discontinued. Marketing, marketing, marketing!

Yeah, it sucks that they're doing that. I'm still going to get the new shadows though because they are veluxe pearls.

i heard that they are taking colors that are already out and putting slight twists on them to get the new colors. at least that's how it seems.
icon_rolleyes.gif
i can't help but buy them though
icon_redface.gif

what i'm wondering is, if they're doing this sort of think, and bringing back some products (like goldbit and i guess something from the lady sol collection) why won't they bring back some other stuff that is very popular like parrot eye shadow?!?! i think we should all start emailing mac to bring back some colors. lol

Originally Posted by Liz Yeah, it sucks that they're doing that. I'm still going to get the new shadows though because they are veluxe pearls.
i heard that they are taking colors that are already out and putting slight twists on them to get the new colors. at least that's how it seems.
icon_rolleyes.gif
i can't help but buy them though
icon_redface.gif

what i'm wondering is, if they're doing this sort of think, and bringing back some products (like goldbit and i guess something from the lady sol collection) why won't they bring back some other stuff that is very popular like parrot eye shadow?!?! i think we should all start emailing mac to bring back some colors. lol

My thinking is that they have a certain strategy for bringing Parrot back. They've obviously received a billion requests for it, so my bet is that they'll put it in a palette so that you'll have to spend a lot more to get it.

Originally Posted by spazbaby My thinking is that they have a certain strategy for bringing Parrot back. They've obviously received a billion requests for it, so my bet is that they'll put it in a palette so that you'll have to spend a lot more to get it. Yeah probably! Get us to spend as much money as we can!

Originally Posted by Bhav Yeah probably! Get us to spend as much money as we can! It's smart on their part, but it sucks for us!

Originally Posted by spazbaby My thinking is that they have a certain strategy for bringing Parrot back. They've obviously received a billion requests for it, so my bet is that they'll put it in a palette so that you'll have to spend a lot more to get it. argh. that's gonna suck!! but as long as they bring it back... watch, they'll probably do somethine where it's comes out in certain places, and ofcourse none of them would be close to me.

I think MAC have really turned make up into collecting for some people rather than consuming. I used to collect fashion dolls as a hobby, but disliked the way that the companies were treating the collectors. I understand that companies want to bring out LE stuff to make it exclusive and so more desirable. I can understand companies that make collectibles not bringing back something that was really popular to keep the exclusivity of the original product but I don't get it with cosmetics. It's stuff we use so if it's popular I say bring it back. MAC don't make any money on stuff sold at high prices on the secondary market so they're really just losing out on sales they'd get if they brought the product back. This is why I've tried not to get too collector about things
icon_redface.gif
I just by stuff that I like, and don't stress when it runs out. It just means I have to try something else different instead
icon_cheesygrin.gif

AHA!

I am not going crazy! i think that I agree with everyone, sounds like a marketing scam. But the marketing people behind it ain't none to bright (LOL)! Did they NOT think that us MAC fans would catch on? Sheesh!

I dont collect MAC. I use all my stuff.. if it runs out, i am sure, that i will find a color JUST like what i had.. just a different name.. eegads.. Pink freeze looks a little like ChicaBoom i THINK... not sure, gotta see in real life.

I don't think it's too difficult to find comparable colours, but you never seem to end up loving it quite as much as the original:icon_love

Whenever I run out of something I really like I tend to try out something totally different, fabulous if it's eye shadow, a b*gg*r if it's foundation.

Originally Posted by Trisha Hence why i only bought Lucky Green from BA! Im not falling for the LE hype/marketing anymore! x i saw that color on the site.. what does it remind you of in real life..

Originally Posted by Lealabell I think MAC have really turned make up into collecting for some people rather than consuming. I used to collect fashion dolls as a hobby, but disliked the way that the companies were treating the collectors. I understand that companies want to bring out LE stuff to make it exclusive and so more desirable. I can understand companies that make collectibles not bringing back something that was really popular to keep the exclusivity of the original product but I don't get it with cosmetics. It's stuff we use so if it's popular I say bring it back. MAC don't make any money on stuff sold at high prices on the secondary market so they're really just losing out on sales they'd get if they brought the product back. This is why I've tried not to get too collector about things
icon_redface.gif
I just by stuff that I like, and don't stress when it runs out. It just means I have to try something else different instead
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Perfect statement! Could not have said it better myself!

Originally Posted by LuckyMe Perfect statement! Could not have said it better myself! YEAH! me either for that fact!

Originally Posted by Lealabell I think MAC have really turned make up into collecting for some people rather than consuming. I used to collect fashion dolls as a hobby, but disliked the way that the companies were treating the collectors. I understand that companies want to bring out LE stuff to make it exclusive and so more desirable. I can understand companies that make collectibles not bringing back something that was really popular to keep the exclusivity of the original product but I don't get it with cosmetics. It's stuff we use so if it's popular I say bring it back. MAC don't make any money on stuff sold at high prices on the secondary market so they're really just losing out on sales they'd get if they brought the product back. This is why I've tried not to get too collector about things
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I agree with you!! MAC brings out too many collections all the time - I love MAC, but even if I was working, I couldn't afford to buy from all the collections. I like collecting makeup, but the main reason I do is so that I can wear it. I rarely buy back ups of anything LE - the only time I've bought back ups is when it's something hard to find when I run out (like my Jordana Color XTend Eyeliners or Palmer's CB Swivel Stick) or things that are being discontinued at a certain store (like when CVS clearanced my beloved HG L'oreal Blush Delice in Sugar N Spice!).

I think they should just keep everything! I mean I have only been into MAC for a short time, but I see tons of e/s that I would really like, but can't get because they don't make it anymore!
icon_neutral.gif
I tend to buy a lot now, and will probably get a few things tomorrow from the BA collection - but thats mainly b/c I don't have that many e/s's - and Maybe I can get something similar to an old color. But I've seen a few that are close to things I have now - so I don't get them... but it is fun collecting and wearing them all.
wink.gif
I just wish they would keep all they e/s - It sucks sometimes when I go, and I see the same colors on display over & over... unless I get something from a new collection, I'm not seeing anything that is really enticing me, ya know?
icon_wink.gif
If they had every e/s ever made for sale, I'd be there all the time!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yeah, i know what you mean janelle. besides when new collections come out, i'm bored with the stuff they have. that's why i've been looking into stila, armani, shu, and urban decay.

i know that if they kept all of the colors, the counter would be extremely crowded. but that's why they just make more space! lol. i wonder what they think of making things permanent and when they'll discontinue things...?

but making LE items, it just makes more money for sellers on ebay or something. if they are worried about the cost of having all the colors out, then certain colors should be kept at pro or freestanding stores.

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, i know what you mean janelle. besides when new collections come out, i'm bored with the stuff they have. that's why i've been looking into stila, armani, shu, and urban decay.
i know that if they kept all of the colors, the counter would be extremely crowded. but that's why they just make more space! lol. i wonder what they think of making things permanent and when they'll discontinue things...?

but making LE items, it just makes more money for sellers on ebay or something. if they are worried about the cost of having all the colors out, then certain colors should be kept at pro or freestanding stores.

Yeah, I hear ya. The freestanding store I go to has just about the same amt./colors that the Macy's counter has...
icon_rolleyes.gif
But it's the only place besides online where I can use my Pro card... and the mall is huge - so I make a day out of it
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back