What is the best affordable make up brand out there?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls!

I wanted to have your opinions about make up. I want make up products of quality but at the same time to be affordable. Which brand would you suggest? Also out of curiosity, what is your relationship with make up? are you like me and cant leave the house without mascara? haha 

Hi! I think you kinda have 2 threads in one going on here. In terms of affordable makeup brands - I don't know of one particular brand that has mastered everything. What I mean is I like NYX for eyeshadows, and lipsticks, ELF has really affordable brushes as does Sonia Kashuk, I like L'Oreal's gel/cream liners and mascaras, Maybelline has those 24 Hour Color Tattoo eyeshadows that I love, Revlon is reliable for foundations. I also like Wet n Wild for their eyeshadows and lipsticks. As for the second part of the question about what our relationship is with makeup, I'd suggest starting a new thread for that one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh, and Welcome to MuT!!!

You can try the Italian brand Kiko. It's very affordable & popular in Europe. 

You can also try Coastal Scents, Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline... 

If you're into mineral makeup, there's a brand named Lily Lolo. I've never tried it but I've head that the products were great !

Originally Posted by JessieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey girls!

I wanted to have your opinions about make up. I want make up products of quality but at the same time to be affordable. Which brand would you suggest? Also out of curiosity, what is your relationship with make up? are you like me and cant leave the house without mascara? haha 
IMO it depends on what product! For the drugstore brands I especially like Revlon for lip color. They have a metric ton of shades and a broad variety of formulas and coverage. They wear very well too. Nyx is also great for a variety of shdes; some of theirs are trendier than Revlon's so if you want to experiment with the flashy color of the season it's better to try a tube of Nyx lipstick than spend $30 at Lancome and realize you hate it. For mascara I prefer Cover Girl. It's an excellent product for the money, and since I'm one of those who routinely disposes of mascara every three months it makes sense to get the lower-priced brand. for the cheeks, L'Oreal powder blush (they have an excellent dupe for Benefit Dandelion, but of course I can't remember the exact name of the shade at the moment!) or Nyx cream blush. Instead of base I use Clinique BB cream, which is maybe $20 for a tube but it wears like iron and a little goes a very long way.

As to your second part of the question, the one thing I don't leave the house without is some kind of lip color.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JessieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey girls!

IMO it depends on what product!

I have to agree on that. It depends on the product and the individual person so what works for one person may not work for another. For me I like Rimmel London's lip liners and some of their lipsticks but hate their foundations. I love Maybelline's Tattoo shadows but hate pretty much everything else.

Wet n' Wild for their eyeshadows! Prestige for their eyeliners. Revlon for lip products (really lip stains and lip glosses are all I have from them since I'm sensitive to their lipsticks). I really love Maybelline mascara, esp. Falsies. I think L'Oreal Voluminous (sp?) is supposed to be fantastic too.

NYX also has great great great products. I love their cream blushes, loose pigments, single eye shadows, and blotting paper (lol). ELF too, has really cheap and decent quality products ELF professional brushes are amazinngggggg. Their professional line in general is really great, from blushes to highlighters to powdered foundation (never tried liquid)....<3 <3 <3

NYX and Wet N Wild are really good, despite being drugstore/lowerend brands. Good quality and variety of products for the price.

Revlon and Maybelline are the best drugstore brands. However, sleek has good blushes and palettes. Elf has some good brushes. Wet n Wild has some pretty good stuff for a small amount of money. Nyx is quite good aswell.

If I could only use one drugstore brand forever it would probably be Revlon or NYX. I think they are the best overall.  Like Zadi said I only like Maybelline Color Tattoos but I could probably find a little of everything in the Revlon section.

Hello Everyone! I have a Lioele brand of Cosmetics and is now trending here in the Philippines. I love the products and most especially its BB creams. So perfect! For those who would to checkout all the items, you may go this website: http://www.lioeleph.com.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

No brand, high or low, is the best. My picks:

Lipstick

Wet n Wild

Essence

Revlon Colorburst

Rimmel

Lipliner

NYX

Blush
L'oreal True Match

Milani

Essence

Mascara

L'Oreal

Maybelline

Powder Eyeshadow

Wet n Wild

NYX

L'Oreal HiP

Cream Eyeshadow

Milani Shadow Eyez

Maybelline Color Tatoo

L'oreal HiP Paints

Loose Shadows and Pigments

Jesse's Girl

Foundation

Revlon

Boots No7

Setting Powder

Milani The Multitasker

Revlon Colorstay

ELF HD Powder

Pencil Liner

Milani Liquid Eyez

If I think of anything I will add it. I am testing some other drugstore stuff that I might be adding to this list. If I remember lol.

Revlon lip butters & Loreal mascara are the only two I can think of, that I know are good.  Sonia Kashuk makeup brushes are also nice.

There are a bunch of drugstore brands that I like. For super cheap products, I go for E.L.F. Some of their products are hit and miss, but a lot of them are really good:)

Latest posts

Back