What is the best brand of eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering what eyeshadow everyone thought was the best. What's the best quality shadow for the money?
cool.gif

Quality-wise, I'd probably have to go with MAC, but there was a post here a while back about Bobbi Brown, and how she herself, despite her own makeup being high-end, endorses a lot of low-end shadows because they're pretty decent quality.

A few of my personal favorites are Maybelline, Cover Girl, Jane, and Prestige (a lot like Urban Decay, Hard Candy, and MAC). The first two, I've got a few light washes of color (Bedazzled Biscotti and Meringue Blush from Cover Girl), and the latter 2 have awesome colors.

Here's the link to that post:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=1424

"When to scrimp, when to splurge," by Bobbi Brown.

She says...

Scrimp On

Eye shadow There are some terrific drugstore brands that come in a wide range of colors and textures, from soft mattes to subtle shimmers. Eye makeup trends change all the time, so choosing inexpensive products is a great way to save.

Hope that helps some!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kristina MAC is definitely my fave!!! This question is too hard for me. LOL!
calvin.gif

My two favorites are MAC and Christian Dior. I'm wanting to try more drugstore brands now though since I keep hearing about how comparable they are to the high end ones. Just like Kage_sCupotea's reply explains. I tried Revlon's eye shadow couple of years ago and it irritated my eyes. Maybe their eye shadows are different now. Also a lady I used to work with was a makeup artist before and she said that all eye pencils are made in Germany regardless of whether you are buying low end or high end pencil so she recommended never buying a high end eye liner. I love my MAC Powerpoint liner though but I can see it being possible for the "regular" pencil eye liners.

Price & Quality i'd definetly go for MAC.. If you wanna splash out more i'd recommed Chanel.. Oh and Shu Uemera (prob spelt wrong!).. Love their ME e/s!

2nd to Chanel! I don't know how I forgot about Chanel....I bought an eyeshadow quad years ago for my wedding and the colors were so pretty and long lasting. I haven't bought Chanel eye shadows in a long time but I remember the quad lasted me a very long time. I've also been wanting to try Shu Uemura's eye shadows since so many people rave about them. Tinydancer has mentioned Shu Uemura several times and I'm dying to try some of Shu shadows myself.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by FairyRave I was wondering what eyeshadow everyone thought was the best. What's the best quality shadow for the money?
cool.gif
My favorites irregardless of price are:MAC,Urban Decay,Shu Uemura and Chanel with an honorable mention to my most recent discovery:Hard Candy

I really like Stila eyeshadow. About average price for a department store brand, and the pans are bigger (which is good because you get more product, bad because they don't fit in other palettes). But I like the color selection, and you can use them wet and dry.

I agree that MAC has a huge color selection. I like some of their shadows, but find some of them hard to blend (maybe they're getting old?).

Urban Decay also has great quality, but better for glitter and bright colors
smile.gif

I haven't tried that many drugstore brands, but Jane has good quality for the price. Not sure about the color selection though. Seems like they have discontinued several popular shades recently
frown.gif

WOW... I love MAC, but never thought about the others lines mentioned. What ever you do, do not try Clinique, their colors don't have the staying power.

*taking notes on other lines to try*

well if u like sparkle and dont want to spend ridiculous amounts of money id say wet and wild eyeshdw trios.i wore them all summer and was always outside and it stayed on all day

Seriously i love mac but if you want something cheaper then go with Milani at cvs or walgreens its actually a really good drug store brand!

I like MAC the best too!

I also like Inglot, for the quality and the price (you can get a palette of 16 for $90), but I don't think they're available in the US
frown.gif

Milani, or NYX also the online mineral companies sell samples and theyre only a couple dollars and are so pigmented you only need a little and they end up lasting a long time.

Ive tried a few from Estee Lauder, packaging is beautiful and the pigment it strong enough too. Very smooth to apply also.

Stila, Urban Decay, Lorac, Nars, Make Up For Ever, Dior, and recently Bare Escentuals. All of these have great pigmentation and a wide range of colors.

I really love MAC, Stila, Bare Escentuals, and Fyrinnae.

EDIT: Milani is good too!

I have several to recommend:

1. Pure Luxe

2. TaylorMade Minerals

3.Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trios

Whoops I almost forgot Milani!

I think MAC and Shu Uemura a really good brands for pressed eye shadow. But I think the very best shadows are minerals and my fave ones are Sweetscents and Fyrinnae.

Latest posts

Back