What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MUFE Mat Velvet....I have extremely oily skin and it provides good coverage without looking cakey and doesn't wear off. It's also oil-free and non-comedogenic .

Currently I'm in lurve with Everyday Minerals in Cool Medium Summer in Intensive formula. It gives me good coverage and is one of the few foundations that doesn't make my skin very angry lol. Plus I found an exact match which almost never happens for me.

bobbi brown skin foundation, it has natural but buildable coverage , finish with the sheer natural finish powder to banish any remaining shine.

Let's see I have tried multiple versions of Covergirl- yuck

Neutrogena- turns orange and wears off

Prescriptives Virtual AND Flawless skin- great coverage but they clogged my pores. Didn't make me break out but gave me lots of blackheads and dried my face out

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra was pretty dang good but it also dried me out

MUFE HD Foundation- loved it at first but it dries soooo fast and I just don't like the finish

Bare Minerals- itchy orange mess

Meow minerals pampered puss foundation- its okay but it tends to dry me out also.

I'm using Earthen Glow Minerals at the moment and it's also alright but nothing spectacular.

I guess the problem for me is finding a foundation that won't dry me out, that gives good coverage, and that won't make me break out. Oh and I tend to have an oily tzone so I can't use ones that are "too" moisturizing. The hunt continues! I suppose I will check out the Bobbi Brown one next.

ETA: Loreal minerals (itchy) and Loreal Infallible (weird mask like effect). Revlon colorstay active makeup (natural coverage but clogged my pores. boo!)

Maybelline pure makeup- terrible coverage. Might aswell put water on my face

Maybelline dream matte mousse- Meh. so so

Max Factor liquid illusion- I got a sample of this and i loved it but ive never gotten around to buying it.

Laura Mercier- coverstick with spf 15. BEST for my skin

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Let's see I have tried multiple versions of Covergirl- yuckNeutrogena- turns orange and wears off

Prescriptives Virtual AND Flawless skin- great coverage but they clogged my pores. Didn't make me break out but gave me lots of blackheads and dried my face out

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra was pretty dang good but it also dried me out

MUFE HD Foundation- loved it at first but it dries soooo fast and I just don't like the finish

Bare Minerals- itchy orange mess

Meow minerals pampered puss foundation- its okay but it tends to dry me out also.

I'm using Earthen Glow Minerals at the moment and it's also alright but nothing spectacular.

I guess the problem for me is finding a foundation that won't dry me out, that gives good coverage, and that won't make me break out. Oh and I tend to have an oily tzone so I can't use ones that are "too" moisturizing. The hunt continues! I suppose I will check out the Bobbi Brown one next.

ETA: Loreal minerals (itchy) and Loreal Infallible (weird mask like effect). Revlon colorstay active makeup (natural coverage but clogged my pores. boo!)

Just in case you haven't tried it yet, maybe Everyday Minerals? Your skin sounds sensitive like mine. I am that weird oily/dry combo and a ton of stuff irritates my skin (pretty much all the major brands). I have had good luck with the Everyday Minerals intensive formula. It covers, doesn't leave me itchy and I don't break out from it. They give out good freebies too on their site.

Px custom blend tinted moisturizer. It is pricy but matches my skin, isn't heavy on my skin and doesn't break me out.

I think I'm in the 1 percental of people who uses Mary Kay on this website but I love it. It's light and it doesn't make my face itch or breakout and it last.

Chantecaille Future Skin!!! Coverage is buildable, finish is like second skin! Although it is pretty pricey at $68, but a little goes a long way. For pressed powder I really like Chanel's Double Perfection compact.

I've tried lots of foundations, but my all time favorite is Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder foundation. It has excellent coverage, is very light, and doesn't settle into fine lines.

I've used a lot of foundations; most of them have worked wonderfully! I've used: Bare minerals, Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation,, maybelline dream matte (love this stuff), cover girl liquid foundation in soft honey, some foundation by Deborah Milano, Lancome (forget the exact name), bourjois powder foundation... my favorite so far... was the lancome foundation. It matched perfectly with my skin tone and the texture was incredible. It was a liquid/powder compact. I really want more of it...

I used MAC Studio Fix [in NC35] for YEARS.

I've tried Chanel Double Perfection Matte Reflecting Powder [in Sand Beige] and wasn't a fan. On me, it looked completely unnatural.

But I've recently found my Holy Grail:

Coastal Scents Silk Cover Mineral Foundation in Medum 1.2
goldcup.gif

silkcovermedium1-2foundation_300.jpg

I am absolutely in LOVE with this stuff! The coverage is spectacular, without that over the top cakey look and feel. My skin looks flawless and natural! Most people can't even tell that I'm wearing foundation.

Big plus: It's pretty affordable [$21.95], compared to the high end brands.

I highly recommend!

Also, one of the great things about Coastal Scents is that you can order samples of each foundation for $2. I recommend buying a few, trying them all, and then purchasing the full size of the one that works best for you.

coastalscents.com

I use Sand Dunes from the Tea Maria Line of Mineral Makeup. I do like it because of its ingredients. If does not have any ultramarines, parabens, etc. (where in my book is a no no). It also has done wonders for my skin.

Revlon colorstay( I always got comments on it) but I haven't worn it in a while because I moved Qatar and I haven't been able to find revlon colorstay in my shade (cappuccino) here. But I go back to the states this summer I plan on stocking up lol. So since Mac is one of the few make up stores here that sell darker shades I started buying foundation there. And I found studio fix fluid to be the best. The coverage is great and I love the finish on me especially when I use primer. I tried studio sculpt I found the coloring to be off. I'm normally a nc 50 but in studio sculpt it looked to gray and muddy. Pro long wear was a decent foundation but the coloring was a Problem again. It was a little too orange it looked like a nw instead of nc and if oxidized too dark. The worst foundation I've ever tried is mineralized SPF 15 foundation. It just moved around too much for me and my skin is quite dry but it still didnt stay put.

Originally Posted by lalalalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, one of the great things about Coastal Scents is that you can order samples of each foundation for $2. I recommend buying a few, trying them all, and then purchasing the full size of the one that works best for you.

coastalscents.com
To add on what lalalalila wrote, the Exotic Skin Foundation Sample Pack is $4.99. I bought and the samples are tiny. The Complete Glow Foundation Sample Kit and Complete Honey Matt Foundation Sample Kit are $11.95. The 7 piece Silk Cover Mineral Foundation Samples is $9.95. The sample kits are less expensive, over all, but I do have to warn people the sample size is pretty small but the containers are pretty generous.

I think the size looks deceptive in that pic but I think the jars are 5 gram sizes.

Back