What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm combination skin and usually use my foundation in my T zone. My favorites are:

Iman second to none CTP and Press Powder (earth)

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (cocca/ summer only)

MAC Studio Fix (nc45/ I can look red/ash at the end of the day)

Everything else makes me look to ashy or two red, although I haven't tried to many high end brands however
icon_redface.gif
out of financial fear
icon_lol.gif

Bobbi Brown Oil-free Even Finish. I have oily skin too and use blotting tissues still but this looks totally natural on, isn't greasy at all, gives medium coverage and seems to last. I'm sticking with it!

The best foundation? Well, I'm fastidious, I always find something, which doesn't suit me
biggrin.gif
I like Ideal Matte Estee Lauder, Collistar Highlighting foundation (brilliant, but inaccessible in Poland, I go for it to Italy
wink.gif
very popular brand there and esteemed- just like MAC here
biggrin.gif
). Recently I've tested Kanebo Liquid Finish and I love it- very delicate, invisible, it really well collaborates with sunscreens, I will buy
smile.gif

I don't like non-transfer foundations, but I know that they have many fans
biggrin.gif

The best way to find your ideal is testing, testing...
smile.gif

Esteelauder Ideal Matte

Refinishing Makeup SPF8

It feels light and more comfortable on my face.

I have quite oily skin. I tried already many brands but last choice seems to be the best. I bought Kanebo Liquid Finish and I don't regret it!

It gives so natural and so fresh look, not dissaper during the day, not creating ugly shades. Its very liquid consistence make it easy to aply even for beginners
icon_biggrin.gif

And very important is that they have a lot of shades also for the pale complexion!! (this is usually a big problem in Europe)

Originally Posted by kurczak I have quite oily skin. I tried already many brands but last choice seems to be the best. I bought Kanebo Liquid Finish and I don't regret it!It gives so natural and so fresh look, not dissaper during the day, not creating ugly shades. Its very liquid consistence make it easy to aply even for beginners
icon_biggrin.gif

And very important is that they have a lot of shades also for the pale complexion!! (this is usually a big problem in Europe)

i've ALWAYS wanted to try kanebo, but i don't think it's sold in the US!
frown.gif
i've heard really good things about their foundations.

I also have oily skin and use Mac select spf 15 and couldn't be more happy with it, I also use MAC's sheer pressed powder and oil control lotion

Originally Posted by Jennifer i've ALWAYS wanted to try kanebo, but i don't think it's sold in the US!
frown.gif
i've heard really good things about their foundations. Jen, I don't know anything about Kanebo in USA, but I think it should be sold in your country
smile.gif
Try to look for it, and if that's true, buy on ebay
biggrin.gif
I love Kanebo Liquid Finish, that's my second favorite
smile.gif

Jennifer, Kanebo is sold in US. Try Barneys NewYork, Saks Fifth Ave., and Bergdorf Goodman. Also many states have stores carrying Kanebo products. Here is a link that you can find which states and stores have Kanebo :_smile

http://www.kanebo.com/products/flash..._locations.htm

Originally Posted by Jennifer i've ALWAYS wanted to try kanebo, but i don't think it's sold in the US!
frown.gif
i've heard really good things about their foundations.

i bought chantecaille future skin foundation and wore it yesterday. it was soooo nice! i'll have to use it a few more times to see how i really like it.

thanks trish for recommending it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have been testing La Prairie and GA Luminous Silk, GA Hyperglow. La Prairie is a nice fdtn but it is too expensive and not worth to spend the money. So far I love my Chantecaille and I really like Giorgio Armani fdtn
icon_smile.gif
I did order some other brands (Sisley, Chanel, YSL, Dior, Awake) to try out. I will get the reviews done in September because I am too busy with summer semester and I will go on vacation after that
icon_cheesygrin.gif

'Bout EL Double Wear:

Would you guys rec this for someone who breaks out extremely easily?

Also, has anybody tried MaxFactor Lasting Performance? I hear MF is very good for pale people with pink undertones, which is exactly what I am.

Originally Posted by lilla Jennifer, Kanebo is sold in US. Try Barneys NewYork, Saks Fifth Ave., and Bergdorf Goodman. Also many states have stores carrying Kanebo products. Here is a link that you can find which states and stores have Kanebo :_smile

http://www.kanebo.com/products/flash..._locations.htm

THANK YOU!!! when i was loooking, i couldn't find anything, so i was convinced they didn't offer it here. thank you!

You're welcome luv!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer THANK YOU!!! when i was loooking, i couldn't find anything, so i was convinced they didn't offer it here. thank you!

my favourite has got to be chanel's in double perfection creme poudre - i use opaline and naturel - its got a really nice matte finish as it is cream to powder, has spf and is easy to apply and get even... I also like chantecaille's future skin which is gorgeous!

xxxc

I've got a few foundations I like, but none I would yet call a HG...

Px Virtual Skin

BB Moisture Rich

Revlon Colorstay Natural

Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Powder

For liquids, the Px and Revlon are my faves - they could be HGs if I don't ever find anything better, though I'm dying to try Px Flawless!!
biggrin.gif
I wear the Mineral Wear Powder every day now, and I like it for daily wear.

I have oily - acne prone skin.

Currently i'm using BE foundation 1.2# and i really love it. I put some Mineral veil over the foundation and my skin will stay matte till the afternoon abt 2-3 (usually will look oily when comes to 11am)
icon_twisted.gif

icon_eek.gif

2nd choice is Chanel Fluid teint Foundation

I have yet to find my perfect foundation. I guess someday someone will make one for me
icon_cheesygrin.gif
until then I guess ill stick with my Revlon colorstay natural. I loved reg colorstay coverage wise but was way to hard to blend.

Back