what is the look for this season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I like my face matte, but dewy in some places
icon_cheesygrin.gif
When I do my foundation and use powder over, I won't put powder all over. I leave the upper cheekbones and over the eyebrow kinda glisteny. And then of course I use Mac's Shimpange which gives a fake glow
smile.gif
I do the same thing! I like my face matte but I like to leave my cheekbones dewy, using highlighters, or Mac's Strobe Cream, they give more glow to my skin!!

I haven't found a matte foundation that I liked and won't break my skin out... As it is getting colder (yeah right, in FLORIDA!?) I usually go for a more matte finish. But I think the foundation type really depends more on personal preference than the "look" that is in season...

I guess I should start looking for a matte foundation that is definitely non=comedogenic and non=acnegenic... Anyone have any ideas? I usually use MAC Hyper Real, and I love it! So I wouldn't be averse to a MAC product, esp since they are non=comedogenic...

I think both looks are in season all the time now. Not everyone can pull off dewy, and us dry skinned girls look awful with a matte face. I say choose what works for you and stick with it!

I prefer something in the middle. I wear EL's Double Wear foundation at work because it gives a matte finish, but then I will balance it with a shimmer blush by MAC called Ambering Rose. And my natural oils typically start making me look a little glowy by the end of the day..but not greasy.

When not at work...I am in Studio Fix powder finish only and forever blotting

I agree that makeup is so personal that you can't always follow trends if they don't work for your type of skin.

Back