What is your beauty routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wash my face with cetaphil antibacterial soap for sensitive skin, then I apply tri Luma (prescribed by my derm Dr. for dark spots and acne) and then sp30. Sometimes I'll do mascara and a lil' eyeliner but thats on a good day.

At night I do my proactiv, so in the morning I wake up, and put my hair up.

Then I wash my face with aveeno foam cleanser

Moisturize with clinique lotion when my face is still damp to lock in moisture

Put on B.E. Mineral Veil, then Loreal's Bare Naturale Minerals

Bronzer/Blush, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner

I don't wear lipstick, so I put on some chapstick!

Then straighten or put my hair in hot rollers for 5 minutes to give it some volume, depends on my mood
smile.gif

Then I'm out!

What is your skincare routine? Mines is as follows:

*Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash

*Sea Breeze Actives(the yellow astringent)

*Moisterizer night-Nadinola

*Moisterizer day-Neutrogena Advanced solutions with SPF 15

Nadinola is a fading cream..it has done wonders for my skin! But unfortunatly it doesn't have SPF in it...so during the day i have to protect my face!

mine is pretty simple :

-cleanse with Alep soap

-tone with a waterspray (my skin's a bit dehydrated by winter)

-moisturize with Weleda's almond hydrating cream (combo&sensitive skins)

-apply either mineral foundation/sunscreen for SPF protection

there's also a similar thread on the bedtime routine
smile.gif

Lol, i know i saw it after i made this one....i was like Darn!

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif mine is pretty simple :-cleanse with Alep soap

-tone with a waterspray (my skin's a bit dehydrated by winter)

-moisturize with Weleda's almond hydrating cream (combo&sensitive skins)

-apply either mineral foundation/sunscreen for SPF protection

there's also a similar thread on the bedtime routine
smile.gif

This thread may be helpful as well.

I have a pretty simple routine. I use Cetaphil cleanser, Complex 15 moisturizer with some tea tree oil. 2 days a week I do a mask (Queen Helene Mint Julep) and exfoliate with sugar or baking soda.

what is your recipe for your sugar mask? Does it help blackheads?

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif This thread may be helpful as well.
I have a pretty simple routine. I use Cetaphil cleanser, Complex 15 moisturizer with some tea tree oil. 2 days a week I do a mask (Queen Helene Mint Julep) and exfoliate with sugar or baking soda.

I don't do a sugar mask, but I use sugar to exfoliate. I add a teaspoon and a half to my cleanser, massage it into my face for a minute or two, and rinse it off. I personally don't have issues with blackheads, but a friend of mine did, and exfoliating with sugar -- and exfoliating in general helped her.

I wake up,

-wash my face with cetaphil cleanser and gently exfoliate with one of those really soft makeup sponges used for apply foundation and stuff.

-apply lotion with 10% glycolic acid

-apply progres eye cream from lancome

-apply a layer of moisture surge from clinique

-curl eyelashes/mascara/eyeliner

-bare escensuals mineral foundation

-aquaphor as lip balm

i don't have any eight step skin-care beauty routine. those, i have been there and done that + all it seemed to do for "me" was eat up money and waste time. I have tried clinique, it was 3 steps, pro active, 3 steps as well. i now have noxzema and a bottle of clean n' clear. I use them in the shower at night, with some loffah and some exfoliating gloves. takes 3 minutes tops and no big deal, my skin isn't perfect but it's not bad. It was awful when I was a teen..i cringe to remember pictures, agh. But to do makeup It takes me 15 minutes to do a quick daytime look, more like 30-45 minutes to do a new year's or birthday dinner face WITH hair do.

i'm not even sure if that's average, but i don't like being over fussy nor do i like not even tryin'. I dig bein' in between extremes.

this was my routine in march of 2006:

Skin Type: acne prone-combination

Cleanser: Aveeno Clear Complexion (pm) & murad Clarifying Cleanser (am)

Exfoliant: Stridex pads for Sensitive Skin

Moisturizer: Sundari Neem & Avocado Moisturizer & Murad Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer

now its:

skin type: acne prone-combo and aging!

cleansers - aveeno clear complexion (pm) - olay total effects 7in1 or derma e microdermabrasion scrub w/a drop of dermalogica special cleansing gel (am)

exfoliants - mama lotion and derma e microdermabrasion scrub (both as needed)

toners - stridex pads for sensitive skin 2% salicylic acid (pm)

moisturizers - sundari neem & avocado moisturizer (am & pm) and derma e anti-aging moisturer complex w/spf15 (am)

masks - queen helene mint julep and queen helene mud mask (as needed)

My morning routine is:

Cleanse/Exfoliate : Either St. Ives' blackhead thing, or Garnier something scrub, or Eucerin soothing cleanser (notice how I don't know their specifics!)

Vaseline on lips, or one of my many other lippy preppy things

Tone : Stridex pads Maximum or for sensitive skin, maybe once every 2 or 3 days (everyday = dry dry dry skin)

Moisturize : Nivea multiple whitening 20+ w/ spf. (wait about 5 minutes) Eucerin Soothing moisture lotion w/ spf15

then, mineral foundation and veil, and I'm set. If I'm feeling the need to primp, lipstick and blush.

In the morning I'm always in a hurry, so I keep it simple. I brush my teeth, wash my face with dove bar soap and use Jergen's firming skin lotion.

Before going to bed, I take a shower. Apply my Jergen's lotion, and if I'm having dry skin then I apply some origins butter cream.

Back