What is your beauty routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When you wake up in the morning....what do you do for skin care? And afterward...are you a five minute girl who graps her chapstik and runs out the door or do you take your time getting a beautiful look? What do you wear....just lipstick & eyeliner or do you wear it all?

Just curious to know everyone's routine. Every morning I wake up and wash my face with Artistry Essentials face wash. Then I use the matching toner and moisturizer. I take my time doing my hair and makeup....and I wear it all.....eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush, foundation, etc. I like the smokey look so it takes me about half an hour to do my makeup.

What about you??

The first thing I do in the morning is wash my face with Eminence organic face cleanser is my HG

In the mornings I was my face, put on serum and moisturiser, then my makeup. If I'm going to work I'll do a full face, if I'm staying home I'll just put on foundation, lipgloss and mascara.

let's see...

1) i rubbed my eyes so i can focus

2) straighten my hair first and gloss it

3) wash my face with zia moisturizing cleanser

4) apply zia sea tonic rosewater toner

5) moisturize with zia nourishing cream

6) i don't do much sunscreen these days (i know i should). when i do, it's mychelle sunshield spf 28.

7) apply light blush using loreal's hip highlighter

8) finishes off with vs beauty rush lip gloss

takes me about 30 minutes.
wink.gif

I wash my face with Clinique cleanser

Tone with clinique step 2 toner

moisturize with Oil of Olay Total effects and then add Oil of Olay Complete Lotion Spf 15 for sunblocking

Put my makeup on and then I'm out!

1. I wash my hair and let air dry while I do the next steps

2. I use the OCM method to wash my face

3. Next I use Clinique turnaround serum

4. I moisturise with a mix of bio-oil and camellia oil, or Olay for sensitive skin

5. Been forgetting my sunscreen step these days but that used to go on next

6. Next put on my make-up which consists of the natural look: YSL Perfect Touch foundation mixed with highlighter, my perk-up powder - benefit dandelion, light eyeliner 24/7 by UD, light mascara (Clinique Naturally Glossy), eyebrows (Avon brow powder or MAC espresso) and lipgloss

7. Style my hair, and I'm done!

The above takes around 20-30mins...

1.I wash my hair in the evening so I don't have to do it in the morning(I have more time for other things)

2.I use the OCM to wash my face or I just splash my face with luke warm water.

3.I use Avene spf 50 lotion as my cream for face.

4.Next I apply MMU(EDM)

Evening:

1.I remove my makeup(I use OCM or Boot's gentle makeup remover)

2.I put some moisturizer(Usually Vitamin C serum,or 12% AHA souffle cream or Aubrey Organic Rosa mosqueta rose hip seed oil)

Twice a week I use Kanebo silk peeling powder,once a week Boots green clay mask)

I don't use any moisturazing mask(All of them are breaking me up( latelly I am testing some mask(blueberry I think) from My Chelle cosmetics(maybe this one will work)

Shower

Cleanse, tone, moisturiser with Liz Earle stuff

Brush teeth

If I washed my hair (I don't do it every day) I comb it out and put some serum through it, if not I just brush it.

Then do make up.

Usually I am in a hurry as I've got up late again! So it tends to just be mineral make up, a bit of e/s, mascara, bronzer and lip balm. If I've got more time I'll make more effort and put on some eyeliner or use more e/s colours.

After make up, if I washed my hair, I put some curl cream on it, otherwise it frizzes then get dressed, run out the door and cross my fingers in the hope that I'm not too late for work!

i'm beginning to think that what we have, ladies, is a beauty life style! it's so much more than a routine! lmao~

between my face, my hair, my body, my feet, and my wardobe it seems that i send almost every hour of my day working on some part of me!

i think i'm a beauty warrior!
add_schacko.gif
lmao~

Originally Posted by SalJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif ShowerCleanse, tone, moisturiser with Liz Earle stuff

Brush teeth

If I washed my hair (I don't do it every day) I comb it out and put some serum through it, if not I just brush it.

Then do make up.

Usually I am in a hurry as I've got up late again! So it tends to just be mineral make up, a bit of e/s, mascara, bronzer and lip balm. If I've got more time I'll make more effort and put on some eyeliner or use more e/s colours.

After make up, if I washed my hair, I put some curl cream on it, otherwise it frizzes then get dressed, run out the door and cross my fingers in the hope that I'm not too late for work!

LOL. Your mornings sound like mine! My son has to ask me every day if we're late again. =) What do you use for curl cream? I've gone back to wearing my hair naturally curly and I'm trying to find a good curl cream that I can stick with. I really like Bed Head's Curls Rock Amplifying Cream but its $15 a bottle. I'd rather find something less expensive that works almost the same if possible. I use a lot of product because of the thickness of my hair so after a while, $15 gets a little expensive.

Oh god I take so long.

I wash my face with 'Nutrogena visibly even'

Put on my I.D bare minerals primer

Olay Complete Moisturiser Normal

Coconut oil under my eyes

5mins

Do my hair

15mins

Then with my face now dry to touch, I move into my bare minerals make up routine.

15mins

= 35mins (and that's me being modest)

Originally Posted by Ardin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh god I take so long.
I wash my face with 'Nutrogena visibly even'

Put on my I.D bare minerals primer

Olay Complete Moisturiser Normal

Coconut oil under my eyes

5mins

Do my hair

15mins

Then with my face now dry to touch, I move into my bare minerals make up routine.

15mins

= 35mins (and that's me being modest)

What does the coconut oil under the eyes do? That sounds very interesting =)

Me:

I remove dirt with my Pond's Cold Cream (rub in, remove with tissue)

Wash with Cetaphil Cleanser

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask

(wait for it to dry)

Wash again with Cetaphil Cleanser, with sugar.

Apply 2% BHA to face

(wait to dry)

Apply Complex 15 moisturizer

(wait to dry)

Apply primer, do my eyes (shadow, liner, mascara), put on mineral foundation + finishing powder, blush, lip color.

It takes a decent amount of time, haha.

I:

Wash my face, use a bunch of creams, oils and whatnot, apply a smudgy/smokey line of eyeliner and a think coat of mascara, darken my eyebrows, blotch out several freckles with concealer. It's quite quick... Sometimes, when I have the time, I go into more detail with shadow blush and all that. But not often.

i wash my face in the morning with Phisoderm cleanser, use the phisoderm oil free moisturizer all over my face and neck, i dab a little tea tre oil scalp treatment around my eyes (its in a tiny bottle i found at CVS, my eye crinkles respond to it!), and then if im going to be seen by anyone
smile.gif
i put on foundation/powder/everything...but if im lazy that's it

in the evening, i remove my makeup with noxema skin cream, use an exfoliating pad and noxema acne wash, a few days out of the week i use olay regenerist scrub cleanser....aveeno skin calming moisturizer all over my face and neck, the tea tree oil around my eyes, a dab of benzol peroxide on the occasional zit, and one or two nights a week i use a retinol cream all over instead of the aveeno at night

Im a college student, and I love sleep, so my morning routine is pretty basic compared to my evening. - i wash my face, then fix my hair, use some bronzer and mascara...and if i have time, I'll spend more time on my eyes

Hi.

i wash my face with morning burst stuff for oily skin. i put on true blend foundation. draw in my eyebrows. put a highlight on my brow bone. use shadows from aromaleigh, stuff ive made, cupcake cult [[ some of their stuff is cheap & stupid ]], or just random shadows ive bought from walmart. then i reapply my highlight which is usually white. then i use a twisting eyeliner pencil [[ dont know what else to call it ]] for the bottom lid & inner corner of the upper lids. then i use megaliner liquid liner on my top lash for a cateye look. then i apply facial powder. apply blush below the cheekbones & under the jawline just so it emphasized my jawline--just slightly. then i straighten my bangs. yo.

morning:
  • I wash my face with mild cleanser
  • I put on a mild eye cream (Olay eye serum)
  • I put on some kind of serum (recently it has been Paula's Choice antioxidant concentrate)
  • I wait 5-10 mins and put on a thick layer of moisturizer with SPF (recently - Neutrogena Healthy defense 45 or Bioderma 50+)
  • I wait another 5 mins and I put on thin layer of foundation.
  • I put on some blush, fill in the brows, highlight the brow bone and cheek bones, set with the powder, that's it... I don't use much makeup for every day.)
evening:
  • I take of eye makeup if i have any (not usually)
  • wash my face with mild cleanser
  • sometimes I use thermal water or some kind of mild toner
  • I put on eye cream (with retinol or retinol-like ingridient, such as Neutrogena anti-wrinkle or Avene Ystheal)
  • I put a cream with retinol or retinol like ingridient (Avene Diacneal) or something with vitamin C, or just something for good moisturization
    smile.gif
    such as clique dramatically different skin lotion.

i wash my face with pond's.

i put on my neutrogena moisturizer.

then i put on my eyeshadow and powder.

and i finish off with lip gloss.

Latest posts

Back