What is your fave face Mask??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys sooo recently i wanted to start home made face masks because i use the peel off face mask and i think maybe its a lil tooo harsh for my skin. i have a very mixed skin type so sometimes its very oily and sometimes too dry. i'm reallly confused on wat to use now  
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Definitely my Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I'd check out a yogourt mask or.. Honey & oatmeal for your skin type! They're both amazing at-home options that I've used before, xx

I got a face mask at Lush this weekend that I absolutely loved. It is called Cupcake. It smells and looks like chocolate icing. I had a big breakout on my jaw and by the morning it was gone. My school also felt super smooth.

I really loved AVON products 
tongue.gif
 used to be crazy for them but now they have gone down they r nt the same the way they used to be.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love making my own masks...

Glitzglam - My skin is also like yours! It all depends on what we eat and drink plus the weather.  You can try this:

When your face is oily, smear a thick layer of yoghurt all over your face and once it has dried and begins to crack wash with warm water.

As for when you have dry skin, mix honey, coconut oil and a little bit of olive oil and spread a thick layer on your face and leave it on for about an hour then rinse with warm water.

I dont like using packaged masks, your skin needs food too and why not give it the best!

thanks for the tips 

where i live its mainly cold around 16 degrees. bt in december it gets really hot. and the air is very dry aswell

ill definatly try what you do. tanks so much

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My favorite all time face mask was from AVON, it was their OLD porefection line.  They discontinued it and I havent found a suitable replacement yet!
sadno.gif
I loved the porefection line, but nooo they had to get rid of it @$%! I actually still have the face mask still and I ration it like it is gold (I should probably toss it by now.
icon_cry.gif
) I have found the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask works almost as good but it isn't the same. I have also started using the Freeman Cucumber Peel-off mask and I love it. I have very oily skin and so far I only use the two masks once a week and they seem to work good.

My fave homemade one is Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mixed with apple cider vinegar. My face is so soft and it really sucks everything bad out. I do this weekly but you can do it more often.

Has anyone here tried any of the masks sold by asian beauty companies? I personally love the Baviphat Apple AC Therapy Sleeping Pack.

Originally Posted by GlitzGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys sooo recently i wanted to start home made face masks because i use the peel off face mask and i think maybe its a lil tooo harsh for my skin. i have a very mixed skin type so sometimes its very oily and sometimes too dry. i'm reallly confused on wat to use now  
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
That is how my face used to be. When it starts getting overprocessed I go back to cleaning with oil and it seems to settle down again. You can do a search in the forums for Oil Cleansing Method and find a lot of info. Surprisingly it doesn't leave your skin even the slightest bit oily.

Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) is absolutely awesome in removing makeup, cleansing your face but it never leaves your face dry as normal cleansers will.  I've been using OCM for over 3 years now.  I still wash with a mild cleanser to remove the unwanted oil or I use a light toner. My face has normalized (no oily/dry zones).  

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) is absolutely awesome in removing makeup, cleansing your face but it never leaves your face dry as normal cleansers will.  I've been using OCM for over 3 years now.  I still wash with a mild cleanser to remove the unwanted oil or I use a light toner. My face has normalized (no oily/dry zones).  
OCM has been my lifesaver. If I use normal cleansers twice a day my face always feels stripped, tight, dry and itchy. After two or three days of doing that I start peeling and then it takes me a week or so to get it healed up. I' know it's my sensitive skin though. I use the OCM (sweet almond oil) at night and my Cetaphil in the morning followed with a moisturizer and my face has finally found some balance. I'm so jealous of all you people with "normal" skin. Who wants to trade? lol

OCM has been my lifesaver. If I use normal cleansers twice a day my face always feels stripped, tight, dry and itchy. After two or three days of doing that I start peeling and then it takes me a week or so to get it healed up. I' know it's my sensitive skin though. I use the OCM (sweet almond oil) at night and my Cetaphil in the morning followed with a moisturizer and my face has finally found some balance. I'm so jealous of all you people with "normal" skin. Who wants to trade? lol
My skin is sensitive too. Normal cleansers left my face itchy and dry to the point that I couldn't stand having my skin without immediately applying moisturizer after I wash. I started using shiseido cream cleanser which worked well but it is expensive. Switching to ocm saved me tons! I use a mix of 1/3 castor, 1/3 jojoba and 1/3 sweet almond oil.

I know a lot of the girls use mixes. I probably should be the almond oil is so light and my skin seems to love it. Thanks for the tip, I will check out the Shiseido cleanser. I am always very slow to purchase expensive stuff without samples only because I end up not being able to use most of it.

Its in their Benefiance line.  Mixing with castor oil gives it a better cleaning power.  Jojoba is very similar to human sebum and is a wax, not an oil.  It also has balances out your skin. 

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know a lot of the girls use mixes. I probably should be the almond oil is so light and my skin seems to love it. Thanks for the tip, I will check out the Shiseido cleanser. I am always very slow to purchase expensive stuff without samples only because I end up not being able to use most of it.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its in their Benefiance line. 
Ok. I know my sister uses some Shiseido products so Ill bug her and see if she has some. Isn't that what sisters are for?
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok. I know my sister uses some Shiseido products so Ill bug her and see if she has some. Isn't that what sisters are for?
smilehappyyes.gif
That would depend on whether you are the sister that always borrows or always lends...

I'm the lend sister and my sister is the borrow sister 
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back