What is your favorite body moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas for a good body moisturizer that absorbs quickly and can be worn with a parfume with no problems.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm looking for some ideas for a good body moisturizer that absorbs quickly and can be worn with a parfume with no problems. Fanie Intl. Elastin lotion is my favorite. It's labeled as a massage lotion but I like something slipperier when I give massages. This lotion is excellent for dry & oily skin as a balancer, isn't heavy on the face, can have essential oils added to it or Fanie's Misty E or Herbal seed oil for a thinner, smoother consistency. I used to use Lubriderm in the winter but found Fanie's Super Moist cream to be my winter skin protector. It's better absorbed than Arden's 8-hour flight cream, also has A & D in it & is used to prevent pregnancy stretch marks. My kind of stuff.

I have really dry winter skin, and I've used Curel Ultra Healing Lotion for the past 2 winters and I love it!
smile.gif
It has no fragrance, so I can wear whatever perfume I want to with it, plus it keeps me from itching like crazy!

You're right, it does smell good. Just read that women are attracted to men who wear Johnsons baby powder.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by PoohBearYin i like the johnson baby bedtime lotion cos its jus smells so cute and yummy! i got it the other day and i cant stop not usuing it u all must try it!

Oy! What happens? Does it separate? Originally Posted by Jules My RANT is for Golden Door's Botanical Body Moisturizer. When you use it in tandem with BOTANICAL BODY OIL HTH

I usally use Palmer's Coco Butter.. the scent never seems to affect my perfume

I've been using Queen Helene Cocoa Butter lotion and it absorbs very quickly and leave me feeling soft. It does have a moderate coconut smell when you first put it on, but it fades and doesn't seem to interfere with any perfume.

I love St' Ive's whipped silk body moisturizer/lotion. Its very cheap and works great.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm looking for some ideas for a good body moisturizer that absorbs quickly and can be worn with a parfume with no problems.

I've been seriously considering making my own body products, because I'm seeing it done more and more, and I'm tired of the nasty things in body products out there today. I want a healthy alternative.

Originally Posted by Maribelle Lebre I make my own

For those of you who can get into this sort of thing, there are a number of websites out there that will deliver easy to use ingredients right to your door.

I have very sensitive skin, I only believe in using botanical products - yet most products making "botanical" claims are in fact making false claims. I want them vegan, chemical-free, free of synthetic frangrances (sorry, kiwi is not an essential oil), not packaged in plastic (yuk!) and ethical. Sounds like I'm asking for a lot.
confused.gif

I've given up. I make my own and it's the best thing I've ever done.
smile.gif

Rosewater, palm based emulsifying wax, olive oil, shea butter, sandalwood (excellent for dry skin), coconut based cetyl alcohol, grapefruit seed extract and vitamin e.

Can make it right in your kitchen in a double-boiler with hand mixer. Easy.

I use it all over my body when I get out of the shower and use it on my hands every time I wash my hands or after doing the dishes. Best cream I've ever used.

I 2nd everything about The Body Shop. I have had no bad experiences with their products, and I cannot rave enough about them, when it comes to store-bought. They may be a bit more expensive than drugstore, closer to high-end, but you don't need to use as much. A $16 tub of Body Butter will last you a long time! The best ingredients, all natural...Shea Butter is the best! Definitely give them a try, Reija, and everyone else! They've made me a believer!

Originally Posted by mbaggirl My future sister-n-law recently had a Body Shop spa party and after a few glasses of wine I ordered a little too much...But, two of their products were absolutely AMAZING...Body Butter in nut and the Dry Oil mist also in Nut...NOT GREASY...I highly recommend this product line....Smooth it on and enjoy!

I stand corrected. LOL - I shall delete my post. Between that site and talking with my mom about the alcohols, I only knew what I read on that site. I need to stick with mineral oil research, and leave the alcohols alone. LOL. I apologize. What I meant about TBS was that they don't have any Mineral Oil - I mistyped alcohol there. Sorry about that! They're the company who told me about the harms of mineral oil in moisturizing products. So sorry once again!

It's kind of like how my husband said that though Benzene is a deadly chemical in its raw state, it's used in cosmetics all the time, and in small amounts is fine.
smile.gif

On the inexpensive side I like Aveeno's Rich Moisturizing Oil. I also love Laura Mercier's body lotions. They're rich and smell heavenly!

I just gotta say I HATE TBS body butters, i find them real greasy. I was so excited to get my first one a few months back & i rarely use it now. It just doesnt sink into my skin at all, just sits on top of it.. YUCK

Latest posts

Back