What is your favorite home hair color brand you've done?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, just out of curiosity, i was wondering what everyones favorite at home hair color brand is. I mean the one or ones that you loved how your hair turned out. Less damaging, maybe the way it felt afterwards, how the color turned out, price etc., you get it, just everything.

Everytime I use Feria I love it. I like the smell, I like the way the color comes out. I like the Chocolate Cherry the best.

I love that it has nice professional gloves too, not the ones with the seam that feel like a cheap sandwich bag, lol.

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everytime I use Feria I love it. I like the smell, I like the way the color comes out. I like the Chocolate Cherry the best.
I love that it has nice professional gloves too, not the ones with the seam that feel like a cheap sandwich bag, lol.

totally agree!!!!feria is the stuff!!!

every color i have done with them was a good one. i also love the conditioner is comes with.

second pick is Revlon High Dimension, although i think they are disco'ing it. BOO. when i am ready for fall again and want to go back to a single dark color, their 10 minute formula is a miracle worker.

I love Ferria too! Also, I just discovered L'oreal Natural Match, although the colors aren't as bold as Ferria, this stuff never seems to fade.

I don't use any particular brand, but I do love the effect I get with all-natural henna, indigo and cassia.

Garnier really works for me, because I am going gray--but the new texture seems resistant to most colors. I get a nice, rich, lasting shade with Garnier. At $7.69 a box, I try to catch it on sale though..

I love L'oreal Natural Match! That's my dye. Ever since Ive been using it my hair has gotten better since I used regular tints before. The colors dont really look like on the box (just a wee bit different) but it lasts a long time. It the only hair dye Ill use besides whats being put on in my front for hot burgandy pink.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif Garnier Nutrisse is great. Always get good results! This is also the brand I use. It costs me $160 at a salon b/c of the length of my hair but this works great and honestly doesn't look much different. I use 2 boxes but the price is still cheap in comparison. My hair has lightened over the summer and its time to do it again but my daughter is almost finished with cosmetology school so she does it for me now.

I can get the same results at home that I get at a slaon for a fraction of the price! But then again I just dye my hair dark brown.

I've never done it at home. I'm too chicken! I always have my hair highlighted at the salon.

I've used several brands, would love to find one that has a good moisturizer as well. My hair always feels so straw like after I color.

I forget the name but it comes with a honey/beeswax conditioner which makes my hair sooo gorgeous and shiny. It has a little bee on the box.

I usually go to my hairdresser, but I have had really good results in the past with L'Oreal Feria & Garnier Nutrisse Cream.

I love loreal color expert! Its the one that comes with the all over color and the really subtle hilighting bleach with the little wand, so you can easily apply the it. I started using this stuff like a year ago after I got fed up with spending $120 on hair color every 2-3 months at the salon...and honestly I like the result with this stuff more.

I almost always go with Feria. It is my favorite of the lot. Garnier is good but the colors always seem to come out darker than they should.

I've heard great things about Clairol Natural Instincts, so I bought it in Midnight. I'm too chicken to try to do it myself, and I'm still waiting on my friend to do it for me. I hope it turns out well. I haven't dyed my hair "at home" since I was around 15...ten years ago.

Latest posts

Back