What is your hair 'Type' & 'Texture'?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nox

Reaction score
Also, five very simple and basic questions. I think this will be interesting to see what people think.

1. What works for your hair type?

2. What does not work for your hair type?

3. What do you love about your hair type?

4. What don't you like about your hair type?

5. Which hair type do you wish you had?

1. What works for your hair type? I can pretty much do anything with my hair...as long as I use the right products.

2. What does not work for your hair type? Going to bed with wet hair and waking up expecting it to look good.

3. What do you love about your hair type? It's long enough that I can do a lot to it. Wear it down, style it, braid it, make an updo....

4. What don't you like about your hair type? It tends to get frizzy and I have cowlicks.

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? I just wish my hair was thicker.

1. What works for your hair type? Anything volumizing and straight. I can get away with short to medium length hair.

2. What does not work for your hair type? Curling. Sleeping with wet hair.

3. What do you love about your hair type? I can wear it in many different styles.

4. What don't you like about your hair type? Can be limp and in humidity it is frizzy.

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? Thicker hair with more texture.

straight and fine hair

1. What works for your hair type? long layers gives me a little bounce

2. What does not work for your hair type? Updos are the pits

3. What do you love about your hair type? Easy to manage, no frizzies

4. What don't you like about your hair type? back to the updo thing again. It won't hold. Even when my hair was a lot shorter so it's not just the weight of the length

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? I like my hair, but I would like it just a little thicker.......

My hair is in between straight and wavy, and in between fine and medium lol.

1. What works for your hair type? blowdrying it straight. I can´t get it pin straight, but rather straight with a little movement.

2. What does not work for your hair type? Letting it air dry completely on it´s own. Well sometimes that works and gives me slightly wavy hair, but there´s always a big of frizz then. And no shine

3. What do you love about your hair type? That I can wear it straight (flat iron) or make it a little wavy (put it in a bun when damp)

4. What don't you like about your hair type? a lot of times I wished my hair was naturally wavy, in a PRETTY way. A way that doesn´t require styling.

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? thicker, shinier, longer, naturally wavy and bouncy. Like the girls in the hair commercials lol

Long layers, razored at the end.

Short hair or long hair with no layers.

I love how thick my hair is. I am complimented all the time, and even stylists call other stylists to feel my "perfect" hair. I also like how it is wavy, so I can go straight or curled, and it looks good.

I hate how it's thick. Yes, a blessing and a curse. It sucks when brushes can't get through your hair.

I wish I had thinner hair, not fine, but medium, so I wouldn't have limited options.

Kinky & Fine/Curly & Fine

1. What works for your hair type? Henna & Indigo-ing. It really helps to thicken my fine/medium hair strands and loosens my natural kinks and curls to larger curls and waves. I also like how it makes my hair nearly 'indestructible'! Now, all I have to do is roller set it, and it is relatively straight.

2. What does not work for your hair type? Any kind of heat and too much manipulation, and wearing it down alot is not good for me...the length is starting to get caught in things.

3. What do you love about your hair type? It's got great texture and body on it own, but with the added henna treatment, this is even more amplified.

4. What don't you like about your hair type? Even though it's not a living thing, it does go through bad mood spells, LOL. Part of the problem is that I have a couple different hair types all on one head.

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? The type I was born with is good enough for me. Just like all other hair types, it looks beautiful when taken care of.

thick, curly, hair

1. using gel to control my hair

2. pixie cuts

3. very low maintainence- wash n' go

4. dry, split ends

5. wavy

Medium and wavy

1. What works for your hair type? nothing, lol

2. What does not work for your hair type? everything, lol

3. What do you love about your hair type? i can easily dye it

4. What don't you like about your hair type? It cannot be easily straightened

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? I would kill for fine hair!!!!

1. What works for your hair type? An Afro..which is what I am about to start rocking..

2. What does not work for your hair type? a pony tail..or any combed back style

3. What do you love about your hair type? ...it's superb ability to fro out

4. What don't you like about your hair type? it will take me 4 tries to get bone straight hair

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? the hair God blessed me with.

straight hair, medium/fine texture. not perfectly straight...but not quite wavy either.

1. What works for your hair type? blunt ends, lots of updos, light conditioner, and gentle shampoo.

2. What does not work for your hair type? layers...ugh, brushes, heavy cone-laden conditioner, wearing it down a lot.

3. What do you love about your hair type? easy to take care of, don't need to straighten it

4. What don't you like about your hair type? kinda flat and blah at times

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? big loose ringlets. so pretty

1. What works for your hair type? A lil moistuizer, frizz serum, and a diffuser and I'm in curl heaven!

2. What does not work for your hair type? most straight styles, too much humidity here!

3. What do you love about your hair type? big boouncy spiral curls

4. What don't you like about your hair type? sometimes is dry (winter is very hard on it! )

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? MINE!!

1. What works for your hair type? A spritz of water and a light oil (I have locs)

2. What does not work for your hair type? Pretty much everything else...

3. What do you love about your hair type? That it could loc easily.

4. What don't you like about your hair type? The strands are so thin, they break if i colour them too much

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? A larger curl, so i could rock an awesome looking 'fro!!

My hair is straight & medium.

1. What works for your hair type? Lots of layers

2. What does not work for your hair type? Having all my hair the same length. Letting my hair get too long. Curling.

3. What do you love about your hair type? It's easy to style, and I don't really have to do much with it.

4. What don't you like about your hair type? It's frizzy and tends to get limp.

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? Wavy hair.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also, five very simple and basic questions. I think this will be interesting to see what people think.

i would consider my hair kinky, curly, medium.
1. moisture, mositure, moisture!

2. blow drying makes my hair freak out! it gets hard and brittle

3. even though my hair is kind of thin it looks thick and has alot of volume

4. that it has a mind of its own, and i need to conform! lol~

5. i wouldn't wish for anything else! it's part of who i am and i love me!

great thread! thanks nox!

i consider my hair to be wavy (as in tousled) and fine

coconut oil, it does wonders on my ends.

hairstuff containing silicones ! greases my roots !! especially all those volume shampoos.

my hair has many natural highlights(gold&red), and if i use henna i get beautiful red highlights.

my tousled hair. always looks messy, savage.

straight ! and less fine too.

Mine's straight and medium.

1. What works for your hair type? One-lenght styles, antifrizz serums, volumizing products, shine sprays.

2. What does not work for your hair type? Layers, straightening, heavy creams & hair sprays, silicone-free conditioners.

3. What do you love about your hair type? It's very easy to style ... I damage it a lot but it still looks healthy most of the time

4. What don't you like about your hair type? Looks limp sometimes and gets oily too fast

5. Which hair type do you wish you had? Wavy

i have wavy hair and med. in both thickness and length

1. what does work..... flat ironing or gelling it up for curls

2. doesnt.......air drying....blow drying, a bunch of short layers

3. what i like about it is that i can go straight or curly

4. there is NO quick fix..... *how i long for a wash and go.........sigh*

5. Hmmmm... the type that just looks good....without all the fuss......:/

Short hair styles

anything long or curling... my hair won't hold! i hate it!!!

it's straight

It is fine so it will not hold style well

Straight Medium

Latest posts

Back