What is YOUR skin care routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ole Henriksen all the way!! Great skin care line--my face has never looked and felt better:

AM

African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Total Truth Eye Cream w/SPF 15

Truth Serum Collagen Booster

Herbal Day Cream w/SPF 15

PM

African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Invigorating Night Gel

Sheer Transformation

Ultimate Life Eye Gel

Once A Week

Micro/Mini Peel System

Truth Creme Hydration System

Seems like a lot a stuff, but you use so little that an investment in one product lasts for such a long time with fabulous results. I've written to them telling how much I love their products and their results. Thanks to Ole Henriksen's skin care, I can actually leave the house in public with nothing more than mascara and lip color on!

I personally use 5-step skin care regime for day and night.

Day - wash, tone, serum/essence, moisturiser & sun block

Night - wash, tone, serum/essence, treatment oil & moisturiser.

My skin care routine is a little different than the regular wash and go. I use the layering skin care technique and it consists in layering several skin care products on a daily basis. I have seen great improvements in the look and feel of my skin since I started this method.

AM:

Cleanser

Toner

Daytime moisturizing cream

PM:

Cleanser

Exfoliating scrub

Toner

Eye cream

Anti-wrinkle serum

Nighttime moisturizing cream

Quick question.  Has anyone ever tried the skin care products from Murad?  If so, how is it?  I've been thinking about trying it and I need some other opinions about it.  Thanks.

-J3ssiGurl

Originally Posted by J3ssiGurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quick question.  Has anyone ever tried the skin care products from Murad?  If so, how is it?  I've been thinking about trying it and I need some other opinions about it.  Thanks.

-J3ssiGurl

I have a single use sample from Ulta I've been meaning to try but what good is one use? :

Originally Posted by J3ssiGurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-J3ssiGurl

I got the 30 day acne kit or 60 day IDK.. I liked the cleanser, but I was lazy about skincare then so didn't see any improvement.

I also bought the pomegranate moisturizer, loved it.

In the morning:

Wash with foaming cleanser for sensitive skin.

Vitamin C Toner.

Moisturize, I switch it up but I usually use a light cream.

Eye gel.

BB cream, which contains high SPF. 

At night:

Same as the morning, but instead of a light cream moisturizer, I use a good night cream that is either anti-aging or super moisturizing. 

2-3 times a week I use a facial mask before bed and 2-3 days a week I exfoliate using a scrub or a special towel that I have. I have tons of sheet masks that I use or I create a mask myself with strips that I soak in essence and put on my face. 

I don't wear a lot of makeup if at all, when I do I use EVOO or right now I'm using a Vichy makeup remover because I received it in my Birchbox. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a single use sample from Ulta I've been meaning to try but what good is one use? :
Oh really?  What kind of sample did you get?

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the 30 day acne kit or 60 day IDK.. I liked the cleanser, but I was lazy about skincare then so didn't see any improvement.

I also bought the pomegranate moisturizer, loved it.
Nice!  Those are actually the kits that I saw at Sephora.  I'm still on the fence about it.  What do you like about the cleanser and the pomegranate moisturizer?

I've got another question for everyone out there.  I think I have Milia on my cheeks and they are driving me crazy.  Anyone know how to get rid of it?

-J3ssiGurl

All had posted very knowledgeable and good for health purpose.

I use good and moisturize cream before go to bed. It protect skin from many unnecessary germs.

some time i used Aloe Vera instead of cream. It remove darkness, pimples, acne etc.  

After get up i wash face with good and less chemical shampoos.  

Morning

Thayers Witch Hazel (alcohol-free)

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Moisturizer with SPF

Night

I also exfoliate a few times a week with Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. My grandmother is the one who got me hooked on witch hazel. She used it every day, and when she passed away at 83, she hardly had any wrinkles!

Friends.

I am concentrating on healthy food which makes my skin healthy. I am also posting tip for you all.

Eggs to help repair skin cells:

Crack open some eggs. Protein helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. Eggs, also contain biotin, an essential vitamin that protects against dry skin. Protein in eggs helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage.Egg-white protein provides all of the twenty-two amino acids in balanced proportion with essential amino acids. The good news is egg-white protein contains no cholesterol!

I just use ponds face wash and cream plus apply Almond Oil and Olive Oil at night and yeah washes face three times a day !

AM:

Lush herbalism

Moisturiser

Sunscreen

Make Up

PM:

Remove all traces of make up with Bioderma/Shu Umera Cleansing Oil

Clarasonic cleanse with a pea size amount of Laniege multi cleanser

Lancome Genifque Youth Serum

Clinque Dramatically Different Lotion

SKII Eye firm treatment/Dermalogica Vitamin Eye Treatment

Originally Posted by hazyday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Morning

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Moisturizer with SPF

Night

I also exfoliate a few times a week with Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. My grandmother is the one who got me hooked on witch hazel. She used it every day, and when she passed away at 83, she hardly had any wrinkles!

How have you found the Thayers with Hazel?

I wash my face twice a day,morning and night.I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and normal/dry cheeks and chin.I don't get many spots although I do get very dry irritated skin,and a break out near that time of the month,without fail grrrr...

Morning

I cleanse with the body shops vitamin e cream cleanser and follow with the vitamin e toner and then apply Pond's spf 15 moisturizer (i swear by this,makes my skin feel so smooth!)

Evening

I cleanse and tone the same and then follow with vitamin e night cream.

Weekly

About 2 times a week I make a oatmeal and baking soda facial scrub which is good large pores and dry skin,it has definitely helped lessen any breakouts.

In Morning:

-Wash with soap, Moisturize, Apply makeup

In Night:

-remove makeup with oil cleanser

-wash with soap

-Moisturize

Every other day:

-exfoliate with silk cocoon

Back