What kind of internet connection are you on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi people!

I wanted to take a poll on what type of connection you are and how you are veiwing MuT.

I connect with various types of connections, but mostly a high speed cable modem

Please vote on what you use mostly!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm flying through on CABLE!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(Optimum Online - service of Cablevision - NY cable service provider)

Originally Posted by Trisha ADSL! You know how computer ILLiterate I am
36_2_19.gif
, I only worked it out, cos its printed on the front of the modem!! LOL LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah but I still can't find a decent collage making program for my FOTD's! LOL

Usually i'm on MuT during work so i chose "My work's high speed access (not sure but's it's fast)".. At home though i'm on dial-up which is a nightmare. We're getting ADSL soon though (i think/hope!)

Originally Posted by Naturally At work ..HIGH SPEED T1 lines ...at home HIGH SPEED Satellite (down here on the farm we don't have that fancy cable stuff) LOL Satellite? Please tell me more! How fast, do you loose connection at all, could you connect via a laptop from different states/countries? And how much do you pay and who is your provider?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally At work ..HIGH SPEED T1 lines ...at home HIGH SPEED Satellite (down here on the farm we don't have that fancy cable stuff) LOL I think satellite is more fancy than cable! LOL You're beaming from outer space! I'm just from a wire laid underground to a hub in another town! LOL

hmmm.. for some reason I thought this would work through a wireless card.. too bad
icon_sad.gif
I was considering it..

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm flying through on CABLE!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(Optimum Online - service of Cablevision - NY cable service provider) mine exactly LOL

Cable (Roadrunner)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi people!
I wanted to take a poll on what type of connection you are and how you are veiwing MuT.

I connect with various types of connections, but mostly a high speed cable modem

Please vote on what you use mostly!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Using cable high speed, waiting for DSL but I don't think it will happen for a while, we are too far out of town.

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Using cable high speed, waiting for DSL but I don't think it will happen for a while, we are too far out of town. you want to go FROM cable to dsl???
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 I heard it is supposed to be faster. NO? Noooo... cable is 100x faster than dsl... dont switch! lol

Nope, satellite is much slower than cable or DSL. Its good for outlaying areas that cannot get cable or DSL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

I think satellite is more fancy than cable! LOL You're beaming from outer space! I'm just from a wire laid underground to a hub in another town! LOL

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Well, thanks for the information, I must have gotten the info wrong. DSL is only a slight step above dial up
icon_neutral.gif
At least what I've seen anyway

DSL (Verizon) I am actually thinking of switching to cable (Comcast) just need to call and do it.

Latest posts

Back