What kind of make up should i wear to look younger?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Makeup Talk.

First thing, please read our Terms of Service. Next go visit your profile (top of the page) and fill out some information about yourself so we can get to know you. Then go take a stroll through our forum filled with beautiful goodies and helpful information.

Do you like makeup tutorials? Go check out our section filled with Makeup Tutorials and Videos. Love to join in group discussions? Come browse the groups and find which one interests you most... maybe all of them!

Most of all, we hope you have a fun time here and find answers to any and all questions  you may have.
wavey.gif

Lipgloss always gives people that young look, maybe some nice medium pink. Mascara and eyeshadow always gives your eye pop too. That's what I would say to start off and you can work your way into more as you get comfortable with that stuff.

I am a dark tan olive skin tone and for me NARS blush is great. It's expensive! But it's lasting. Try "Exhibit A" or Taos Blush Beautiful on your pretty young face! My advise is splurge on a Nars blush. Its hard to find a good looking one when you have a darker skin tone ( been there done that) Try on so at Sephora and get some drug store gloss and mascara. You are set. You are so cute you don't need much!

Eyelash curlers are helpful to make your eyes pretty without overdoing it as well as some nail polish. Nail polish can be helpful too if you bite your nails (my daughter does).

claps.gif
 Hello and welcome to MUT! 
claps.gif
 ​
So glad you found us!! There is so much information here and a great way to teach, learn and grow! If there is anything you have a question on, please feel free to contact me or any of the mods to help you out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope you enjoy the boards!

Hi gorgeous!

I totally agree with Sparklygem, because although NARS blushes are expensive, they're highly pigmented, so in the long run you have to use less and they last longer. Really, any tricks used to make one look more awake also works to bring out the youth, such as putting a champagne shadow in the tear duct, or on the brow bone for highlighting. Highlighter is a gal's best chum. 

You look 16 to me.  I don't know what would make you look younger.  How old are your friends that you hang out with?  are they 18 or older?  Perhaps its by association that people think you are older?  Maybe you act more mature than a 16 yr old which is not a bad  thing.  I have always looked younger.  I looked 12 at 16 and 18 at 26.  Both have their downfalls I suppose.  My 15yr old son looks older because he is very tall. 

Just be yourself and who cares how old others think you are.  Just don't be in a hurry to grow up because others think you are older.  You have a lifetime to be an adult, a brief time to be a kid.

The best way to look younger is to change your skin care, you have no glow something is dulling you down. If you can not change your skin care try an illuminator, any form liquid, cream or powder it makes no difference, the color should be to the warm side such as pinky peachy tones, stay away from cool tones they will ash you out.

You don't look old to me. If you want to look about age 16, I forego all of the falsies, heavy eyeshadow, etc. I'd stick to a little bit of blush, some mascara and a lipgloss.

Keep it simple. Pink blush on the apples of your cheeks and mascara.. thats it. Oh and maybe pink lip gloss

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't look old to me. If you want to look about age 16, I forego all of the falsies, heavy eyeshadow, etc. I'd stick to a little bit of blush, some mascara and a lipgloss.
+1

The last thing that is going to make you look younger is false lashes. Less is more at your age if you want to appear age appropriate.

I suggest:

Focus on your skin care regimen (and that is a general rule, not that I think something is wrong with your skin)

Tinted moisturizer instead of foundation

Nude blush

Tinted balms

Lipgloss

Eyeshadow smudged into the lash line (dark brown for daytime, black for evening)

Mascara

I would also recommend keeping oil blotting sheets with you. Adding more powder to combat oily skin will look cakey, and in turn age you. A really good setting powder at the drugstore is Coty Airspun Powder. They do have a translucent version.

I agree with the ladies, less is more when you're young. Adding a lot of makeup can age you. Start by taking good care of your skin now and lightly apply some makeup.. blush for a rosy glow, or a little highlighter, lip gloss, maybe a tinted moisturizer to even your complexion..

just repeating what everyone else suggested--no heavy makeup, since it usually makes teens look older than they are. if you're going to wear color anywhere other than your eyes (e.g. lips, cheeks), keep it subtle. I can't tell if you're wearing eyeliner, but if you are, maybe try only lining the top lid or foregoing eyeliner for some mascara.

a lot about how people perceive your age has to do with your maturity and the way you dress yourself. stick a teen in simple, sleek makeup and business casual and she won't look like a teen. honestly, I don't think it's anything to worry about when you're perceived as older than you are--maybe people think you're responsible/mature :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back