What Kind of Mediums do You Use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to this mineral eyeshadow stuff and I keep hearing the term "medium".

What exactly is it and how is it used?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's kinda like a primer. I don't use a primer, really, since I don't use eyeshadow all that much. When I do, I just powder my lids and then apply. Mineral foundation does the trick for the most part for me. However, when I want to wear my eyeshadow for an extended amount of time (more than 8 hours), I need something else. Any recommendations?

I'm not exactly sure what "medium" refers to but when it comes to eyeshadow primer one of the best is definitely Urban decay Primer Potion IMO

Are you referring to a "mixing medium" for use with loose mineral eyeshadows?

Loose mineral e/s can be used dry or wet. By using them wet you get a more intense color payoff and for some people it makes the e/s last longer. MAC sells a mixing medium but I've never used it. Some ladies use plain water, Visine eye drops, Milan Gelle drops, Ben Bey Liquiset, various brands of eyeliner sealant.

thank you togal and everyone else - yes, that is exactly what I was referring to - i'll have to try out the MAC mixinv medium.

thanks a bunch.

Stacey

Latest posts

Back