What Language are you learning & why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who is going to class to learn a new Language
fragez.gif

Why are you interested in Learning this Language
icon_study.gif

I am self-teaching myself Romanian, just...because. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> No real reason. Or I should say, I *was* teaching myself Romanian, until Spanish came along and kicked my butt.
wink.gif

I finish Spanish this year and will probably go back to Romanian after that.

Does AMSLAN count? If so, throw that in too lol

Im using podcast to brush up on my french before i take the classes. lol Im learning it because i need to either know french, italian or german to get into my masters program. I might take italian but since i know the basics in french i might stick with it.

Originally Posted by marygambrell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry what is Amslam
15hg.gif
American Sign Language
smile.gif

I am learning Arabic, Italian, and German. I started learning different languages during and after high school because I wanted to be in the CIA-seriously
ninja.gif
So after that didn't happen I just continued learning them I really don't know why.

Im trying to master my spanish because my MIL only speaks Spanish. Boooooooo!

Anyways, but I only want to learn French.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im using podcast to brush up on my french before i take the classes. lol Im learning it because i need to either know french, italian or german to get into my masters program. I might take italian but since i know the basics in french i might stick with it. where do you get these podcasts??

We have to learn french in Canada so i guess maybe like... portugese or spanish orrrr... hmmm.. ARABIC would be super awesome.

Originally Posted by xEdenx /img/forum/go_quote.gif where do you get these podcasts??
I was playing with itunes store and i found language classes. They arent all that great but if you look through them you can find one you like. You go to the podcast section then you click education and then languages.

I try to learn different languages each year since my hobby is to travel different countries almost every year.

(BUT that makes me stopping to purchase high-end cosmetics often).

I only get to learn general conversation...though still fun
smile.gif

If I could go to school now, probably an English school while I am in London.

Im learning to have a very basic conversation in Lithuanion and Polish.

I dont really want to learn them inside-out but whenever I find anyone that speaks another language I bug them to teach me the basics.

I love hearing peoples accents and hearing them speak in other languages!

I'm not learning any right now. I've always been awful at learning languages! It took me 5 years of French at school just to be able to have a simple coversation.

i'd love to learn russian, cause it sounds and looks so cool.

but i guess if you consider chemistry a language, then im taking that (its my minor so i take a lot of chem classes).

Im learning Spanish. And I didnt want to. I have to have a language to have a hope at getting into Barton. And there is alot of Spanish speaking down here so thats why I took it!

I'm still learning Spanish. It's nothing formal or anything...the last Spanish class I took was in high school. I'm just learning by watching Spanish channels and websites, then practicing with my bf. I want to go beyond conversational Spanish so I can communicate better with my bf's family. Plus, I'm going to PA school soon and I will probably have a lot of Spanish-speaking patients!!! I wouldn't want to be stuck with "Como esta?" you know? LOL. Although I can understand most of it...I'm going to have to learn how to explain things in Spanish. I've got a long way to go.
smile.gif

Also, I just LOOOOOVE the way Spanish sounds. It sounds so romantic. Something so simple in English could sound so poetic in Spanish.
smile.gif

I wanna learn Spanish b/c those soap operas look so interesting! J/k. I do wanna learn Spanish though, and also French.

I know a little of spanish, italian, french, and japanese to get by. I speak English and Tagalog (Filipino) fluently.

I wanted to learn it to be able to do business with people.

i took French because i was a romantic idiot. i should have taken Spanish, in California 100x more useful!!!!!

Latest posts

Back