What makes a make up sexy??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you think are the must haves techniques-products to make a make up sexy???:icon_love When I think of a sexy make up it always come in my mind bronze skin and a very shiny lipgloss!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I always think of smokey eyes! Lips and skin don't matter to me, as long as they go with the eyes!

I don't think you need bronze skin to be sexy ... or at least I hope not, because I'm always going to be pale! lol

I think of smokey eyes too and nude lips. Bronze skin done with a bronzer with nude lips is a sexy look too.

Oh yeah girls I forgot smokey eyes!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I don't think that if you don't have bronze skin you're not sexy, neither I have bronze skin but I love to apply bronzing powder in order to have one!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i think sexy is a nude, glossy lip and long, long lashes with super groomed, highlighted brows. add glowing, even toned skin with a gentle flush on the cheek.

Originally Posted by Sophia I don't think that if you don't have bronze skin you're not sexy... lol, I know, no offense! I'm scared to try bronzing powder myself, I'm so pale that I'm worried I'll end up with my face noticeably darker than the rest of me, or looking like a clown or something.... I guess maybe if I bought a light color and applied a very small amount it might work...

let a make up artist to help you find the perfect shade!! You can also use a more brown blush instead of a bronzing powder!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek lol, I know, no offense! I'm scared to try bronzing powder myself, I'm so pale that I'm worried I'll end up with my face noticeably darker than the rest of me, or looking like a clown or something.... I guess maybe if I bought a light color and applied a very small amount it might work...

Count me in for smokey eyes too!!
biggrin.gif
To me, there's nothing sexier than a grey/black smokey eye and nude lips.

smokey eyes definately. and i always go for the super shiny gloss. the vitagleam glosses from Mark. are awesome for that i have like 10 of them. they smell delicious too!

Originally Posted by Trisha but to be honest, most men prefer a YBB (you but better face) face, so you still look like you just more polished and put together x My hubby could care less about my YBB looks, his absolute favorite is when I wear my white eyeshadow, preferably with my turquoise eyeliner, like I posted in Tuesday's FOTD
smile.gif
Every time I wear that he says "yay, you have your white e/s on!" or "yay, the blue e/l!" but never comments on my other looks!
He's also rather partial to my pale pink lipstick (L'Oreal Endless Liquid Lipcolor in Forever Blushing), but that might just be because I wore it at our wedding
wink.gif

So I guess that's hubby's idea of a sexy look, lol .... not quite my idea of "sexy" but hey, whatever works
biggrin.gif

I agree with the smoky eye look, but for me it is really about red lipstick. For me, nothing says sexy quite like red lipstick

I think part of the 'sexy' vibe comes from confidence! When I think full-on sexy, I think smoky eyes and pink lips, but red lipstick and shimmery light eyeshadow with lots of mascara is sexy, too! For a natural sexy, I like defined eyes (liner and mascara, but not much eyeshadow, maybe a highlight and a medium shade), glowy skin, and pink lips, and flushed cheeks.

A smokey eye and red lips is so sexy! I also like nude Barbie-pink lips with bronzed cheeks and minimal mascara.
biggrin.gif

To me lots of stuff can be sexy... Red lips, nude glossy lips, smokey eyes, natural shadow but slight shimmer eyes, etc.

One thing that stands out in all this though is glowy pretty skin, groomed eyebrows (though not extremely drawn or filled in), and at least a light coat of mascara.

Now as for my fiancee...that's another story, it seems like he thinks I look my sexiest when I am all sweaty and gross from a bike ride. Or when I just wake up in the morning, or days when I just put on some moisturizer a little gloss and run out the door...

For me I think it is all about the lips, either a nice cherry gloss or a golden brown lip stick. I wear my eye makeup everyday, yet it is when I put on my lip stick (not an everyday thing) it seems most men tell/ask me, did you do something different w/your makeup or it looks real 'nice' today. Go figure..........................
icon_wink.gif

i think a glow that is natural looking or a smokey eye with nude cheeks and lips looks really sexy.

Originally Posted by girl_geek lol, I know, no offense! I'm scared to try bronzing powder myself, I'm so pale that I'm worried I'll end up with my face noticeably darker than the rest of me, or looking like a clown or something.... I guess maybe if I bought a light color and applied a very small amount it might work... I´m super pale too, and has always run the other way if presented with a bronzer but this week I got a makeover and she used a bronzer on me (not all over, but a little here and there) and it looked soo great that I ended up bying it. It´s not a really light color, and if you would look at it in the case you would think I´d look like a dirty clown with it on, but I apply just a little with a big powder brush and you can´t really tell it´s there, I just look more healty and a little bit of shimmer look with been out in the sun today (well, I don´t get that look if I spend time in the real sun, since I can hardly tan at all, I just get red and freckled).But you should let a MA pick one out for you, so you get the right color, but don´t be afraid to try, I´m in "bronzer heaven" right now
wink.gif

//Jenny

I think smoky eyes are definitely sexy! But then again, so is polished skin with a healthy glow!

Latest posts

Back