What new subs have you learned about ? Inquiring minds want to know!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sure did.  Maybe that's a blessing??????  Stop while you're ahead maybe?  I'm not even going to go for January.  I've got to get a grip!!
wassatt.gif
Yes I will take it as a sign!  LOL.  Guess I have to come up with gift ideas the old fashioned way ... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah!  I need an intervention!  No, your credit card loves you, it's your pocketbook that probably hates you!!
Yes the checkbook is NOT my friend right now!  I need to stop "checking out" new subs!

Originally Posted by Frenesi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried Rocks Box?  It's a jewelry club where you are loaned 3 pieces per month with the option to buy.  It's $19 per month and I'm very curious...

http://rocksbox.com/
 This is the first I've heard of them

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I will take it as a sign!  LOL.  Guess I have to come up with gift ideas the old fashioned way ... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes the checkbook is NOT my friend right now!  I need to stop "checking out" new subs!
 Me too!  I'm actually going through sub hangover.  I just can't resist sometimes.  I'm settling down and breathingggggggggg.  : )

Honestly a lot of us have burnt out or are starting to burn out on subs. I know I have scaled way back and just keep a couple that I really love.

Actually... the best way to prevent over-sub( I created this word) is to re-calculate the true value of these boxes. Most just aren't worth the price.

I planed to write a long and detailed post about how to see through the easy traps those companies set for us but later gave up - not because it's difficult  but because I found many girls/ladies just don't want to face the fact- feeling right is better than being right for them ... Maybe they don't have financial problem like us. 

In a word I can't wake up people who pretend to  sleep so I decide not to waste time. 

Luckily I am not even remotely interested in stuff like LBB, Popsugar or some of the more expensive boxes. I prefer to shop in person for stuff like that. The best way I have found is to make a budget for subs. Set a limit and then it forces you to pick accordingly.

Edit: My grammar sucks when I'm tired lol

Dollar shave club...you can choose from 1$ plus S&H the humble twin w/ 5 Cartridges per Month, 6$ incl S&H the lovers blade  4 Cartridges per Month and the executive which is 9& incl s&H 3 cartridges a month. My cartridges are about 6 a month at walmart so i think i just like that threw out all these subs i dont go to the store as much...lol

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Luckily I am not even remotely interested in stuff like LBB, Popsugar or some of the more expensive boxes. I prefer to shop in person for stuff like that. The best way I have found is to make a budget for subs. Set a limit and then it chooses you to pick accordingly.
Second this!      

Honestly a lot of us have burnt out or are starting to burn out on subs. I know I have scaled way back and just keep a couple that I really love.
I'm with you on that.

From what are you waking people up? I am confused by your post. I have never had a box that didn't have a higher retail value than I paid for it and I unload what I don't use either through selling a sample box on eBay (I get well over a third of what I put into boxes out that way) and using for gifts rather than buying. I don't buy much of anything anymore- certainly not skincare and certain makeup like mascara, lipstick and primer. A lot of people are doing the same things I am doing with their subs. So what is this trap?

Originally Posted by fayeX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually... the best way to prevent over-sub( I created this word) is to re-calculate the true value of these boxes. Most just aren't worth the price.

I planed to write a long and detailed post about how to see through the easy traps those companies set for us but later gave up - not because it's difficult  but because I found many girls/ladies just don't want to face the fact- feeling right is better than being right for them ... Maybe they don't have financial problem like us. 

In a word I can't wake up people who pretend to  sleep so I decide not to waste time. 

I'm now subscribed to Le Tote , which is like netflix for clothing. I enjoyed my first box a lot and am looking forward to receiving the next one. Its $50 a month for unlimited rentals (like netflix). They had some really funky, nice clothing in there .. it wasnt low quality, so I was happy.

I'm with you.  I'm starting to feel that way as well.  It got crazy for a while.

Luckily I am not even remotely interested in stuff like LBB, Popsugar or some of the more expensive boxes. I prefer to shop in person for stuff like that. The best way I have found is to make a budget for subs. Set a limit and then it forces you to pick accordingly.

Edit: My grammar sucks when I'm tired lol
I prefer the subs because I get to learn about and try items that I might not have heard of, out of my reach or wanted to try.  I'm happy with the subs I currently have which are 3.  I do try out new subs as a one time purchase just to check it out.  My rule is if I want to subscribe to another sub, I have to give up one or two (depending on the price,) that I currently have.  So far that's working.

I prefer the subs because I get to learn about and try items that I might not have heard of, out of my reach or wanted to try.  I'm happy with the subs I currently have which are 3.  I do try out new subs as a one time purchase just to check it out.  My rule is if I want to subscribe to another sub, I have to give up one or two (depending on the price,) that I currently have.  So far that's working.
That's a great rule! I've only managed to drop one sub..yikes lol and have 5 now? I need to start cutting down or alternating quarters.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a great rule! I've only managed to drop one sub..yikes lol and have 5 now? I need to start cutting down or alternating quarters.
Yeah but just this past week I've been going nuts buying one box subs. That adds up.  Unfortunately the subs I belong to don't allow you to suspend one month, back on the next kinda thing.  I've been so close to canceling BB, but then they'll send a good box and I'm back on board again.  I don't feel so bad abuot that because they're $10 and that doesn't hurt as much as the others that cost $20 on up.  My (3) subs's price range are $10 - $20.  Not too bad. : )

I can see myself getting there eventually but right now I feel like I really want to try everything so I know which subs are worth it for me and which aren't.

I tried out some of the more expensive ones, like quarterly BeautyFix and NB Test Tube - unsubscribed after two seasons from both. BeautyFix just wasn't fun enough although I liked the idea of choosing my own products; and NBTT kept on sending drugstore products and reusing the same brands consistently. Both are amazing value for the money but the purpose of those boxes for me personally is the fun of discovery, and after 2 seasons the fun factor ran out.

From the fancier monthly ones I unsubscribed from Glossybox after 2 months back in August, and now I'm giving it another shot in November. I will probably end up unsubscribing again but we'll see.

I also decided to try Yuzen box because I loved every single box they sent from the previous months - at least the pictures looked really nice. At $26/month it better be good! I have a feeling I will be keeping this one for a few months.

I will be trying out Popsugar in December, and they get one and only chance to win me over. The box has to be absolutely fantastic to make me pay $35 for another month, which is why there's a very high chance I will just cancel after December. At least I know I wouldn't pay that money for the current October box.

I cancelled Ipsy because I don't need any more makeup at the time and Birchbox because of decreased CS quality and too many foils in recent boxes. I actually believe they will improve over time so I'll wait a few months and see if I should resubscribe.

This will be my second month out of 3 with Love With Food, and I already know I won't be keeping it. 

I will be trying another food sub - Goodies - in November, the pictures looked promising and it's only $7/month. Might end up keeping it just because of such low monthly price.

Other subs I'm interested in trying: Conscious box, Hammock pack

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can see myself getting there eventually but right now I feel like I really want to try everything so I know which subs are worth it for me and which aren't.

I tried out some of the more expensive ones, like quarterly BeautyFix and NB Test Tube - unsubscribed after two seasons from both. BeautyFix just wasn't fun enough although I liked the idea of choosing my own products; and NBTT kept on sending drugstore products and reusing the same brands consistently. Both are amazing value for the money but the purpose of those boxes for me personally is the fun of discovery, and after 2 seasons the fun factor ran out.

From the fancier monthly ones I unsubscribed from Glossybox after 2 months back in August, and now I'm giving it another shot in November. I will probably end up unsubscribing again but we'll see.

I also decided to try Yuzen box because I loved every single box they sent from the previous months - at least the pictures looked really nice. At $26/month it better be good! I have a feeling I will be keeping this one for a few months.

I will be trying out Popsugar in December, and they get one and only chance to win me over. The box has to be absolutely fantastic to make me pay $35 for another month, which is why there's a very high chance I will just cancel after December. At least I know I wouldn't pay that money for the current October box.

I cancelled Ipsy because I don't need any more makeup at the time and Birchbox because of decreased CS quality and too many foils in recent boxes. I actually believe they will improve over time so I'll wait a few months and see if I should resubscribe.

This will be my second month out of 3 with Love With Food, and I already know I won't be keeping it. 

I will be trying another food sub - Goodies - in November, the pictures looked promising and it's only $7/month. Might end up keeping it just because of such low monthly price.

Other subs I'm interested in trying: Conscious box, Hammock pack
I'm afraid Popsugar is sold out for december.  you better run for January.  I tried Glossybox for one month, the worst experience from delivery to CS to products spilling in the box, so I cancelled..  Too much money for all the drama.  I sub to BB; it's $10 a month.  Beauty samples, sometimes snacks.  I've subbed with them from the beginning.  SOme boxes are really good, and some mediocre.  But for $10 I can't complain.  I looked at Yuzen but  I decided $26 was too much for me with the other (3) subs I already have, price range is $10 - $20.   Check out Eco-emi (I love them), Klutchclub, just bought (1) box, I tried a Mystery box from Conscious box and wasn't impressed.  Bought the Dec. box from Popsugar.  Oh here's a new one for $6.00, 28hour hug (chocolate, tea & bath product.  Hmmmm Hammock pack huh! 

I'm afraid Popsugar is sold out for december.  you better run for January.  I tried Glossybox for one month, the worst experience from delivery to CS to products spilling in the box, so I cancelled..  Too much money for all the drama.  I sub to BB; it's $10 a month.  Beauty samples, sometimes snacks.  I've subbed with them from the beginning.  SOme boxes are really good, and some mediocre.  But for $10 I can't complain.  I looked at Yuzen but  I decided $26 was too much for me with the other (3) subs I already have, price range is $10 - $20.   Check out Eco-emi (I love them), Klutchclub, just bought (1) box, I tried a Mystery box from Conscious box and wasn't impressed.  Bought the Dec. box from Popsugar.  Oh here's a new one for $6.00, 28hour hug (chocolate, tea & bath product.  Hmmmm Hammock pack huh! 
If you're interested in Yuzen, there is a $13 voucher for one month here which was posted earlier on the forums: http://now.spafinder.com/deal/18838/yuzen/products It's close to no obligation, though even if I end up getting the voucher, I probably will also not be keeping it. $26/mo is too pricey for me

I'm already getting a December one, subscribed as soon as November sold out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Klutchclub looks like a fancy food sub to me and I'm not all that picky about the yummies so I probably wouldn't care to spend $30 on it.

Back