What other companies should I try??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, you're looking in the right place - elegantminerals.com. I read on another forum that they likely resell Monave?? but don't know if it is true or not. There was something on the Elegant Minerals website about "buying our minerals in bulk from the largest manufacturer in the US" or something like that - and then if you look at the ingredient list for the foundation between theirs and Monave it is the same/similar, so from this I think they deduced that the foundation was likely Monave's. I tried this brand befor 1 year a go and I found it not like monave at all.its very very sheer. not likes monave..

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried this brand befor 1 year a go and I found it not like monave at all.its very very sheer. not likes monave..

OH, I guess that answers that question then - it must not be Monave's foundation! Thanks for letting me know.

Originally Posted by giggles1972 /img/forum/go_quote.gif as for eyeshadows, so far i am happy with MAD Minerals and taylormade, but then again, i do not have much to compare them to because that is all that i have tried. Hi, I got your mail but I can't reply because I don't have enough posts here yet! LOL, sorry about that.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried this brand befor 1 year a go and I found it not like monave at all.its very very sheer. not likes monave..

Monave very very sheer ??? It's just impossible. I used their standard formula and concealer formula. The standard formula is coverying everything, and the concealer makes your face look like a mask.
I don't like Monave, while it's to heavy for me. I don't need that much coverage. You can say everything about Monave, but not that their foundations are sheer.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monave very very sheer ??? It's just impossible. I used their standard formula and concealer formula. The standard formula is coverying everything, and the concealer makes your face look like a mask.
I don't like Monave, while it's to heavy for me. I don't need that much coverage. You can say everything about Monave, but not that their foundations are sheer.

NONO -I dont mean that monave sheer. nono!!I mean that elegant minerals have a very very sheer foundation!

sorry for the misunderstanding !!

have a great 2008!!

You should try Element5 Mineral makeup. Thats is what I use and its awesome, samples are $2
smile.gif

So far I like EDM ,their intensive formula covers everything and my face still looks natural.

Second place Monave-a little more expensive,heavy coverage(a little to heavy for my skin),I think is a little bit drying so I will try to use it again in summer.

Both EDM and Monave last all day on my skin.

I really want to test Lumiere(ff foundation)

I have very sensitive,combination(dry) skin.

raesin images has resurface xtreme that for me covers mostly everything. especially pores, this makes it a keeper. it's the strongest i've seen.

joppa has great sample deals and strong coverage, and now they are running some specials too.

fyrinnae has that superpower foundation that's great for winter, non drying and heavier on coverage.

i have tried pure luxe but it was very visible on my face. their eyeshadows are great still
smile.gif

alima has great foundations, but they are quite sheer, guess that's not what you're looking for.

edm and meow kick butt for me, but i don't want heavy coverage.

Two more recommendations: Fusion of Color - great customer service, HUGE range of colors. And Blusche - good concealer, foundation gives good coverage, and the foundation names are so nice (named after coffee and coffee-based drinks!).

I have only tried Lumiere, Signature Minerals and Lumiere.

Lumiere Cashmere did not work for me at all. Felt like i had covered my face with some kind of fur, but it was not my perfect color match either.

At the moment i really like signature minerals and EDM.

Have you tried Mineral Boutique? I love their formula with vitamine E. It makes my skin really soft. MB also provide good coverage (better than intensive formular of EDM)

Well, if you've already got the Silk Naturals samples, I vote mix and see. I went back to that this week to play with (mine came out entire sample bag of white, 1 scoop Ebony, 1/2 scoop warm gold - yes, I'm pale).

It's sheer, but it's not cakey at all - I still love Lumiere, but with the way the weather's turned suddenly, plus already dry skin it was making me look both aged and like I was wearing a mask. It's not a good dead-of-winter foundation for me. Spring I'm sure it'll be fine again.

I only use one light layer, because I don't like heavy coverage, just want to even out my skintone, but the SN formula is buildable - you could probably go to medium coverage with it - if you definitely want heavy I don't think it'd work.

But if you already have it to hand, don't be afraid of playing with it. You may end up not liking it but it's there, it'll take maybe 15 minutes (and some daylight) to match your skin tone, so why not?

Just make sure to shake very well after you mix it - then take the top off and check that it is mixed - no obvious brown or white flecks, and you should be fine. If you decide you hate it, pass it on to a friend with the rest of the colour samples and let them play with it. Or keep it on hand - untinted base often comes in useful.

I'd go with Lumiere. I think it's had the smoothest/nicest texture of the MMU's I've tried. The only problem I've found is that it doesn't control oil that well.

Back