What primers are non clogging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I want to get a primer, but don't want them to clog my pores. Some people like the Smashbox one, so I've been looking into that one.

I like Smashbox. I have really sensitive acne prone skin, too, and this one works well for me. I don't use it all the time, of course, but once or twice a week doesn't seem to induce any breakouts, and on days when my forehead is looking red and blotchy, it really does the trick.

I got the Nars primer. I,ve never used one before,so I haven't anything to compare it against. I will let you know how I like it and post a review ofcourse.

I also looked at Sephora's Skin Smoothing MakeUp Base and the Smashbox brand. I actually had all 3 in my basket and I asked the SA what he thought would work best and told me to get the Nars.

It had already been rec. to me on these boards but after doing some more researching,I wanted to see what someone away from the boards had to say and he told me the exact same thing,without realizing it.

So,I took it as a good sign (crosses fingers) and bought it.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.
smile.gif

Liz,

Is the AntiShine and Photofinish by Smashbox the same thing as in what they are suppose to do for the face?

Because I looked at the Photofinish,they were out of AntiShine.

i have oily skin and since i live in L.A., i need a foundation primer or else my foundation would be gone by mid afternoon from the heat and sweat!

i would definately reccomend h20 plus primer (perfecter). it's perfect for oily skin. Nars makeup primer doesn't give me the smooth finish h20 does, it's more of a light cream based while h20plus is a gel base and has light reflecting particles so flaws are less visible.

i also find that i have to put on ALOT when i used the Nars primer while h20 i only needed a small amount.

as for smashbox primer, it's the same base as h20 plus, i would definately reccomend it for dry skin or normal skin types. but definately not for me because it's too heavy for oil skin / combination types.

check it out at : www.h2oplus.com

I don't use a "primer" I am not even sure on what it is supposed to do?? To make my makeup last (since i have extreememly oily skin) is i put on loose powder first, and then foundation, and then loose powder on top, and with a sponge I roll it and press it. Mk products are non-comenagenic. I dont have problems with makeup wearing away when I do this tecnique.

Could someone educate me on the benifit's of a primer? I just use good skin care?

Neither of these are really primers but they have left my skin fealing soft and flawless and I swear they make my make-up stay on longer. I've used both Estee Lauder Idealist Skin Refinisher and Origins A Perfect World White Tea Guardian. They protect your face from free radicals too and other kinds of damage which I'm not sure primers do. Neither blocked my pores, but i've never had a problem with stuff like that anyway 'cos my skin's pretty good.

Originally Posted by Shanel I don't use a "primer" I am not even sure on what it is supposed to do?? To make my makeup last (since i have extreememly oily skin) is i put on loose powder first, and then foundation, and then loose powder on top, and with a sponge I roll it and press it. Mk products are non-comenagenic. I dont have problems with makeup wearing away when I do this tecnique.

Could someone educate me on the benifit's of a primer? I just use good skin care?

i only know of 3 primers, but there could be more: smashbox photo finish primer, nars's primer, and laura mercier primer.

you put it on before your foundation and it's supposed to give you a more even and smoother surface so that your foundation goes on better and supposed to make you look better.

I love "SPACKLE" by Laura Geller

Originally Posted by Liz I want to get a primer, but don't want them to clog my pores. Some people like the Smashbox one, so I've been looking into that one.

ty liz...

Ok... so a primer is to make your makeup go on smoother?...

what are the prices of the ones you guys use? and I didn't quite get wich ones are Non-comenagenic? one for oily skin preferably....

trish... how much is the nars one for oily skin, and can I get it online... this is gonna be new to me, I only put mk on my face...

Back