What Product Would You Promote?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let's say you had one beauty product that you absolutely adored, loved, and recommended to all your friends. Out of nowhere, the maker of that product calls you up and says, "Hey, we would love to have you promote this!" and of course you said "YES!" because you love it so much. Which product would you be willingly proud to have people know you by? Tons of celebrities do this and in reality it takes tons of confidence to create a product from the ground up and stand by it when people dislike it. 

The product that has absolutely changed the way I apply mascara is the Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base (their new formula, not the old one). I purchased it a few months ago and never use mascara without it. I have naturally straight lashes, so straight that they point down. I have used waterproof mascaras for years because they're more waxbased therefore when I curl my lashes they stay curled. I have never had a regular formula mascara hold my curl. This had saddened me for years because I never was able to use up those small sample mascaras that I would get in sets. I even had a small collection of samples just sitting there waiting to be used.

I started searching mascara primers after trying Dior's Maximizer Lash Pumping Serum. I was very impressed but something was off. The Dior primer dried into a thick white and didn't work on all mascaras, leaving some visible white underneath or graying out some of my darker mascaras. Also, since it was so thick, it tended to clump and dry hard on some lashes make them feel rough. I did some research and discovered Shiseido's primer. It's a clear gel that dries practically invisible (only visible when applied extremely heavy.) The wand itself is thin and perfect for getting in all the lashes and separating them evenly.  And the biggest change ever, it held the curl of a non waterproof mascara! I have been so giddy about this product and hope it's never discontinued. It protects my lashes and I have seen less loss of eyelashes due to it. I doubt it's because I'm using nonwaterproof formulas because I still use both. The primer also protects my lashes from mascaras. When I remove my makeup, my waterproof mascaras come off much more easily. 

The only cons is it is a little pricey ($25 USD) and it can make crappy mascaras look better than they really are. Meh, that last one is not really a con but figured I'd point it out lol. 

Adrienne My product that I would promote would be L.A. Color's Pink Frost lipstick.It is amazing;you have got to try it!Plus it's not tested on animal's either.

Mine is not a cosmetic item. I would promote Curl Keeper from Curly Hair Solutions. It is an AMAZING product and has forever changed my hair. Whenever I run out my hair looks like total crap without it. I have tried other products, and nothing makes my curls look so good. If they ever asked me I would say yes a million times lol! Love the stuff.

I would promote the NARS illuminator in Orgasm. I love that stuff and I use it everyday, I'm almost out of it:(

Probably my Skin79 Super+ Gold BB cream....sadly, I can only wear it in the winter, but I love it. 

For me, it would be a skincare item, actually. Because I feel that skincare is still by any means more important than makeup. I'd recommend and promote the Sonic Cleanse, which is something like the Clarisonic but way way way cheaper.

In fact, I have just published a post of it on my blog where I write a review on this amazing product that I've been using for weeks. In the post, the company also gave my readers a special code for a 20% discount! So, in all, I'm pretty happy that I get to share something that works like magic for me with my readers!

xoxo,
Roxanne

Im not sure of the full name but its an avon anew product for stretch marks. Its amazing!!! I had super dark stretch marks and this product faded them and they are much thinner now. To the point that they're barely noticeable. Last time i purchased it price point was $25 which is a little high to me for lotion but if i ever got preggo again id definitely gladly spend the money. Lol

Im a tartelette. I absolutely love almost every product they release. If I had to pick just one, I would go with their amazonian clay 12 hr blushes. The best blushed Ive ever used hands down. they are really pigmented, last forever and there is a good color selection. I have 15 of them and I just can't stop trying to collect them all!

L'Occitane Immortelle product line, I seriously can't get enough of the amazing fragrance and how good it they make my skin feel.

Latest posts

Back