What Sample Did Its Job?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now OFFICIALLY in love with Shea Terra Rose Hips & Black Soap Facial Wash.

Yep. I think me and it are gonna go make some clear-skinned little babies right now.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am now OFFICIALLY in love with Shea Terra Rose Hips & Black Soap Facial Wash.

Yep. I think me and it are gonna go make some clear-skinned little babies right now.

Hahha I just used that in the shower this morning! I bought the big size after receiving it in my first beauty army box back in january. SO in love with it. 

DKNY Be Delicious perfume and BE foundation.. though I don't use either of them daily. Sometimes not even weekly.

Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (Sephora sample)

Boscia Oil-Free Night Cream (Sephora sample)

Philosophy Hope in a Jar (Sephora sample)

Viva La Juicy Perfume (Birchbox sample)

Zoya Nailpolish (Birchbox sample)

Cargo BeachBlush (not actually a sample but it was a mini in a kit that I just had to go buy a full size of)

At this point though, I have so many skincare samples that I doubt I will need to buy another full-sized skincare product for a very long time.  In that respect, these sampling services may be doing themselves a disservice in that they send out so many skincare samples that a lot of people can get by just using those, especially since so many skincare products are very similar to each other.

My Clinique Lucky Penny in a palette was in a GWP - I ran out and bought it, Urban Decay Primer Potion, and... hmm... I think that's it so far.

I've purchased several Clinique lipsticks that I first received as samples - Raspberry Glace, Surprise, and Tenderheart all come to mind. I also bought their Happy perfume after smelling a sample.

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate I had to have it after I tried it! Thinking about the Rosa Arctica

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate I had to have it after I tried it! Thinking about the Rosa Arctica

I want to buy that so bad, I love ever other kiehl's thing I use. darn this no buy. 

The only thing I just /HAD/ to run out and buy in the three months I've gotten a BB box was Zoya's Feel collection ... and now a ton of other Zoya polish. I think I'm a Zoya convert for life! I also love my tarte lip tint in Joy, despite hating the color when I first saw the tube! Since I got a full-sized I haven't had to buy yet, but I have a feeling I will once I run out! =)

The porefessional, origins checks and balances, and the black soap from shea terra :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh, forgot a couple of important ones: buxom big & healthy lip polish (my FAVORITE gloss), and urban decay primer potion.

I second the Laura McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer! It made my skin dewey and glowY looking all day. It's a primer, foundation, SPF, and moisturizer all in one.

I also second that test tube Macadamia oil! OMG it smalls so good! I feel like I'm traveling in a caravan 100 yrs ago in the Middle East with Johnny Depp by my side under a full moon when I sniff that stuff! LOL

Totally Dermalogica Microfoliant.  I keep trying other things to see if they make my skin look prettier and they *never do!*    Also, Pangea products!  Especially the scrub and the lipgloss.

Products I tried and loved and still use from sample services are:

Burberry Lip Mist in Copper from Glossybox

Marvis Whitening Toothpaste GB

twistbands from BB

Orofluido from BB

Lip Quench from MG

Take a Deep Breath MG

I have to add:

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

Kerastase Elixer Ultime

These are my new favorite hair care products. 

For me it's Color Club-Age of Aquarius (Birch Box) Definitely my new favorite nail color. It has a very retro look to it and I have never received more compliments on my nails than when I used this color!

Dr Jart's Beauty Balm-Just a nice product to add to my skin routine

I have a few, and I have only been a Birchbox subscriber for 2 months, yikes!

The first is from the June box, the Number 4 Prep and Protect leave in hair product. Man, I LOVE this stuff! It smells great, and makes my hair so soft and smooth.  I will definitely be purchasing.

I also fell in love with the Kerastase products in the May box.  I got the shampoo, conditioner, and serum and loved them.  They are a little too pricey for me to buy at the moment, but I will probably bite the bullet and use some of my points.

Also - I traded my Beauty Blender cleanser and a Benefit blush for the Stila bronzer (ehh, it's okay) and she threw in the Laura Gellar Bronze Spackle.  LOVE it!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to add:

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

Kerastase Elixer Ultime

These are my new favorite hair care products. 
Haha, great minds think alike! Love them both!

Well I just got my BB for June and I must say I'm in LOVE with the Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline perfume. I WILL rebuy this!

Jouer lip treatment balm.  I got this in my BB last yr., and used my points to purchase another.  I use it every night before bed.

Back