What Sample Did Its Job?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sure, we're all freebie/sample junkies....but what beauty item did you try as a sample (via subscription, individual sample, gwp, whatever) that you absolutely fell in love with enough to where you actually just HAD to go buy it? We may all have super-long lists, but try to think of either the most surprising (to you) or the most recent. Could be fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me, I'll go with Benefit POREfessional as my most recent. Gee, THANKS, Birchbox! And most surprising to me was Aquolina Pink Sugar. I'm very much not a "candy" girl, but the sample I got of that in a Sephora order led to it being my primary daytime fragrance for the past....six years. Holy heck!

Ditto on the POREfessional! I love that stuff. I have giant crater-like pores on the sides of my nose, so it has really helped hide them. As far as other things go, I've fallen in love with Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash and the Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream. I have a ton of acne scars from back in the day when I used to pick at my face, and I swear, this stuff didn't break me out, made my icky dry patches vanish, and significantly lightened those scars and discolorations. 

Curse you BB for making me fall in love with a $70 face cream!!

This is Birchbox and MyGlam combined:
(My first Birchbox was in December 2011 & My first Glam bag was in January 2012)  

1) Origins Frothy Face Wash (Birchbox) - I love this product! I wash my face with it every night, i'm still not out. Little goes a long way with this product, my face feels so smooth and smells great afterwards. It also removed all of my makeup. 

2) Juicy Couture (Couture) Perfume Sample (Birchbox) - THIS SMELLS AMAZING. I'm buying this in full size, that's how much I love it.

3) SheerCover Concealer (My Glam) - I liked this product! It covers up well on my skin. Both of the colors work for my skin tone, lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4) theBalm Nail Polish (My Glam) - LOVE nail polish, so obviously I loved this. I got it in Root Bear Gloat, which is a brown color, I don't have much browns so this was nice to add to my collection! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

5) Jouer Lip Gloss (Birchbox Pink) - I loved the color of this lip gloss, it's a unique tone. I love the fact that you can build up color. 

6) stila Smudgestick Pencil in Lionfish (Birchbox) - I'm adoring this liner, it's amazing how it stays on for a longggg time! <3 I'm also pleased with the color I got, I needed a good brown eyeliner. 

I've only belonged to these sampling programs since the end of the summer, but they've convinced me to buy a few things:

1. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (last summer's New Beauty Test Tube)

2. Smashbox Lip-Enhancing Lipgloss (August's QVC Test Tube)

3. Calista Tools Achieve 10 Styling Cream (January's QVC New Beauty Test Tube)

4. Sarah McNamara's Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 (January New Beauty Test Tube)

5. Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Facial Firming Serum (from this QVC sample bag: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.item.A322578 )

6. *Want but haven't gotten: Per-Fekt Beauty Eye Perfection Gel in Bright (Sephora free sample)

From Birchbox I am in love with Viva La Juicy! That's the only sample I've purchased in the full size thus far from Sephora and I was thrilled that I was also able to receive the lotion to go with it. Sometimes I even wear it to bed because it smells sooo good!

From BeautyArmy I really love the brightening strivectim serum though I'm not sure if it works yet and plan on purchasing the full size but it's $89 bucks

I also really loved the black soap. I was not sure of it at first but it's one of the best exfoliators I've personally used

From my qvc test tube I fell in love with Ole Hendrich's truth serum. It feels so great going on my skin and smells good too!

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream Shiseido Defining Volume Perfect Mascara - Black Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner Prada Candy EDP & Chloe EDP Avene Cicalfate & Extra Rich Moisturising Cream Caudalie Gentle Cleanser MAC Golden Olive pigment

LOreal Professionnel mythic oil from my December birchbox.

I have thick curly hair and this stuff is beyond amazing!  Sold for life!

I loved Chanel's toner - it has no alcohol and isn't too harsh. ETA: I'm going to try a few more before I settle on that one - pricier than I would like.

I am so picky, but these 3 completely sold me: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength (everyone needs this, instant results!) Orange Sanguine cologne by Atelier. Such a different, pure scent. Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream All three came from Birchbox. They may annoy me sometimes, but they're worth it!

ybf eyebrow pencil - was full-size from birchbox so not really a sample, but I'm about to reorder for the second time.

Orofluido Elixir - I use it everytime I was my hair and it lasts forever.

Laura Geller Spackle - the sample wa sin bronze but I ended up buying a different color.

Marc Jacob's Daisy! lol. That's the only thing that comes to mind when I think about it...

Viva la juicy for sure. I got it in my birchbox and I can't get enough. Ulta sent me a free skincare set by boscia with purchase. OMG IT IS ALL AMAZING. The toner, moisturizer, and facewash are all amazing, I will be repurchasing them.

Jouer Tinted Moisturizer in Bronze... sample from Birchbox and I fell in love with it.  So, I bought the full size from Birchbox and used up some points to get it at discount... and free shipping! Woot Woot!!

A few more products to add

-Juice Beauty line, I first used their peel through Beautyfix and then the blemish serum from BB

I am now a client for life for:

-Ahava derm mud line. I received the body cream and foot cream as samples through beauty cache and love the scent.

-Dermologica daily microfoliant. I purchased the full size from dermstore using my myglam coupon and also received a generous size sample from sample society.

A few more products to add

-Juice Beauty line, I first used their peel through Beautyfix and then the blemish serum from BB

I am now a client for life for:

-Ahava derm mud line. I received the body cream and foot cream as samples through beauty cache and love the scent.

-Dermologica daily microfoliant. I purchased the full size from dermstore using my myglam coupon and also received a generous size sample from sample society.
I am OBSESSED with Juice, especially those products. My skin is like brand new skin! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back