What should i buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a $50 gift card to Sephora i need/want to spend but i can't choose what i want! Please tell me your favorite items or things to look at because i know you guys won't point me in the wrong direction.

ps i don't really do natural looks so don't say the Naked palette or something else with a bunch of nudes and naturals

I would try Make Up For Ever HD foundation. My aunt wore it for her wedding and she looked flawless!

I second the Makeup Forever HD foundation. I really like this stuff. I'm a lover of Benefit's boxed powders, especially Hervana and Coralista, so that's what my suggestion is going to be. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I second the Hervana.  I also have Coralista but I find the pinker side of coral looks better on me. 

I say hold off on Hervana and get it at Ulta instead since at Ulta you get a free umbrella with it.

At Sephora I would recommend Too Faced BB cream (the free gifts with purchase at Ulta is all gone). Too Faced On the Prowl set is on clearance for $26.

Oh Zadi, I wish I had not seen that...now I am considering buying a second Hervana just so I can get that super sweet umbrella! And yes, buy it at Ulta if you get that free with it!

I have to say PiggyDog I "hate" your name. LOL It reminds me of a Piggly Wiggly hotdogs (fair food not the supermarket chain) and that makes me hungry ALL the time I see you name! LOL
icon_lol.gif

Great, now I'm wishing for a Piggly Dog and curly fries! How many more months until the fair? LOL

Face products are hard to get for me because i'm so pale, normally the palest shade is way too dark for me but i will look at everything in store and I have had my eye on the Buxom eyeshadows for a while now i might have to grab one (or two)

MUFE HD blushes.  $25 each and freaking amazing - lasts 8+ hours, has nano particles and a bottle lasts foreverrrrrr....

BUT if you want complexion under $50, try Smashbox or Too Faced. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say PiggyDog I "hate" your name. LOL It reminds me of a Piggly Wiggly hotdogs (fair food not the supermarket chain) and that makes me hungry ALL the time I see you name! LOL
icon_lol.gif

Great, now I'm wishing for a Piggly Dog and curly fries! How many more months until the fair? LOL

lol

People on other boards like my name lol!  I am uncreative so first time I needed a handle my dog's name is piggy...so yeah....  Go get some cheetos

I'm kinda surprised with all the face recommendations. When I'm shopping my priorities are Eyes> lips> cheeks> face. I'm only 17 and my skin is pretty good so i don't really wear foundation much.I still plan on checking out everything because i still am looking for a HG foundation but i spend most my money on eye makeup or lip products.

I shop at sephora a lot and my priorites are around the same.  I think I can help you but I also have bought so much already it's hard for me to go back and say what I'd get first.  I like Urban Decay's eye shadow palettes, they have good value and quality.  Also Kat Von D's new palette is great.  If you tell me what kind of eye makeup you like to do or what brands you like, anything that tips me somewhere I can help. 

Then I'd recommend Kat Von D's new Mi Vida Loca Palette, or the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette, the BOS IV is on sale as well.   Too Faced palette's are nice too, but I like to wait until their website has a sale.  I have swatches of all of the palettes I mentioned on my blog.  I don't know if I'm allowed to link it here, its in my profile or you can PM me.  I go for colors vs neutrals (I only have one all neutral palette out of my 20 or so palettes). 

I'd recommend the UD deluxe shadow box. It has some nice brights and is very shimmery.  You'd get more use of it too bc they can be used dry or wet for more vibrancy.

Actually- come to think of it, I don't know why I didn't think of that.  Thats definitely one of my most used/favorite palettes ever.

I'd go for the UD Deluxe Shadow box.

Here are swatches:

Actually- come to think of it, I don't know why I didn't think of that.  Thats definitely one of my most used/favorite palettes ever.

I'd go for the UD Deluxe Shadow box.

Here are swatches:

Those are great swatches. The deluxe shadow box was what introduced me first to UD & I still love that palette years later.

Latest posts

Back