What size monitor and what resolution?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What size monitor and what resolution(right click on desktop, then properties, then settings tab) does eveyone view MakeupTalk on?

Tony = 24" LCD - 1920 x 1200 resolution

(plus multiple laptops)

Reija = 21" LCD - 1600 x 1200 resolution

Just the standard 1024 x 768, on a LCD laptop screen (I *think* it's 15" but it might only be 14", I forget
wink.gif
)

i've got a 21.3" samsung. it's 1600x1200

my bf has a samsing 24". is that what you have?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What size monitor and what resolution(right click on desktop, then properties, then settings tab) does eveyone view MakeupTalk on?

(plus multiple laptops)

Dayum Tony! That's some mad resolution!
I'm a 1024 x 768 resolution on an LCD monitor (desktop). Do you measure monitor size straight across? Mine is 13" -- pretty small I guess in comparison! But dude, it's a Dell.

lol, sorry

Originally Posted by StephieCee Just tried this setting...my eyes just about popped out of my head trying to adjust. I think I'll leave it here for a little bit
icon_eek.gif
does your resolution mean that it's smaller or bigger than the 1600x1200 resolution?

Oh I have the Dell ultrasharp high res graphics LCD with 11 ms rise and fall rate of the pixels. Very nice monitor, but not cheap!

Originally Posted by Liz

i've got a 21.3" samsung. it's 1600x1200
my bf has a samsing 24". is that what you have?

Originally Posted by StephieCee

21" ViewSonic 1152 x 864

Hmm Stephie, that is a strange resolution for a 21". Must not be LCD....am I right?

Just tried this setting...my eyes just about popped out of my head trying to adjust. I think I'll leave it here for a little bit
icon_eek.gif

Oh yes, 21" should be run at 1600x1200. Things might seem a little small, but just think of the real estate you have now!
wink.gif

The idea of setting a higher resolution is that you can display more on the screen without scrolling down or to the right.....etc...

WAAAYYY smaller...I think I am getting a headache now...LOL!

wink.gif
LOLOL! hehehe no you measure monitors like you measure TVs, diagonally

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

Dayum Tony! That's some mad resolution!
I'm a 1024 x 768 resolution on an LCD monitor (desktop). Do you measure monitor size straight across? Mine is 13" -- pretty small I guess in comparison! But dude, it's a Dell.

lol, sorry

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) YEP! Just wondering what people are viewing MUT on.... i'm practicing my own website, so i have to make the screen small and big to see if things move around. my page is opened up kind of big to fit everything. and i hate when things move around on a page when the page size changes. so i always have to play around when programming

Originally Posted by Liz

i'm practicing my own website, so i have to make the screen small and big to see if things move around. my page is opened up kind of big to fit everything. and i hate when things move around on a page when the page size changes. so i always have to play around when programming

Oh your own website huh? Cool! Is it a static (done in HTML) or php? Give us the URL!
If done in HTML, MS FrontPage has a cool feature, that allows you to preview pages in different resolutions. Works well!

it's html. i've been learning html and it's my practice website. i don't want to give up the url yet because it's not finished
icon_redface.gif

17" LCD Samsung SyncMaster 712N ~ 1024 x 768 resolution

Is mine correct ?
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What size monitor and what resolution(right click on desktop, then properties, then settings tab) does eveyone view MakeupTalk on?

(plus multiple laptops)

Originally Posted by Liz

it's html. i've been learning html and it's my practice website. i don't want to give up the url yet because it's not finished
icon_redface.gif

ooOOooOO sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky eh?

Latest posts

Back