What texture/finish do you prefer for your shadows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've noticed lately how particular some people are when it comes to the finish/texture of their eyeshadow. Do you care? Do you like frost or do you keep it all matte? Why the preference?

Personally, I gravitate towards frosts/lustres (cuz I like the shine) and veluxe pearls (because I love the finely milled pigment). But I also am attracted to vivid matte colors like Electric Eel, Rule, Carbon & Sushi Flower. I'm not a big glitter person, but overall, I just grab colors I like.
smile.gif

i picked veluxe pearls. i LOVE the texture of them!

i don't like mattes though. they're hard for me to apply. it's like you have to use a lot and pack it on the get the desired color.

I prefer MAC's frost texture/finish, but I'll buy the others too if they are pretty colors. I don't think I have tried a veluxe pearl though.

I've recently discovered that Smashbox's e/s has great texture- soft, highly pigmented. Smashbox's e/s are awesome!

I will keep buying MAC though.
tongue.gif

icon_eek.gif
I'm finding the older I get - to stay away from the frosts/lustres - & just keep that for the highlighter area (under the brow bone)..when using the frosts on any other part of the eye, it just seems to enhance faults (lines/wrinkles) more - so for that part of the eye I tend to use matte colors...
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I've noticed lately how particular some people are when it comes to the finish/texture of their eyeshadow. Do you care? Do you like frost or do you keep it all matte? Why the preference?
Personally, I gravitate towards frosts/lustres (cuz I like the shine) and veluxe pearls (because I love the finely milled pigment). But I also am attracted to vivid matte colors like Electric Eel, Rule, Carbon & Sushi Flower. I'm not a big glitter person, but overall, I just grab colors I like.
smile.gif

I would like any color....:icon_love whatever suits me perfect...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by StephieCee I think it mostly depends on my mood or where I am going. Matte for more casual/conservative settings and shiny/glimmery for nights out on the town with my hubby... Idont really like mattes,i tend to gravitate more towards lustre,anything shimmery,not stripper sparkle though.lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by StephieCee I think it mostly depends on my mood or where I am going. Matte for more casual/conservative settings and shiny/glimmery for nights out on the town with my hubby... I Agree. It all depends on what I will be doing.

Holy cow, I don't know the difference between all those terms in the poll! (Of course I don't use MAC either
wink.gif
) All I know is that I prefer shadows that are more shimmery (but not actually glittery or anything) just because I think they're fun, but when I need to be more conservative (like for job interviews and possibly in the office, depending on the job I get after graduation), I like to stick with matte, neutral colors.

I prefer frosts, lustres, and veluxe pearls. I don't like matte colors or glitter
biggrin.gif

I chose Veluxe Pearls - i love the texture of them and they go on great. Can't wait for some more colours in VP!

I used to just wear more matte shades.

but now i love shimmery finishes.

i love glitters and shimmer. I haven't used many flat shades in awhile.

Originally Posted by Bhav I chose Veluxe Pearls - i love the texture of them and they go on great. Can't wait for some more colours in VP! i know! i think some/most of the shadows coming out in the belle azure collection will be VP!!

yeah, i believe so. because i remember one of the collections had a lot of vps, and the d'bohemia didn't have any.

Originally Posted by Liz i know! i think some/most of the shadows coming out in the belle azure collection will be VP!! Yipeee!!!! :icon_love

Latest posts

Back