What The Heck Is In Tapioca Pudding?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Purchased tapioca comprises many small white spheres each about 2 mm in diameter (although larger grain sizes are available). These are not seeds, but rather reconstituted processed root. The processing concept is akin to the way that wheat is turned into pasta. These tapioca pearls are made mostly of tapioca starch, which comes from the tapioca, or bitter-cassava plant. In other parts of the world, the bitter-cassava plant may be called "mandioca", "aipim", "macaxeira", "manioca", "boba", or "yuca".

Source

Well there u go ..thanks!

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif "Purchased tapioca comprises many small white spheres each about 2 mm in diameter (although larger grain sizes are available). These are not seeds, but rather reconstituted processed root. The processing concept is akin to the way that wheat is turned into pasta. These tapioca pearls are made mostly of tapioca starch, which comes from the tapioca, or bitter-cassava plant. In other parts of the world, the bitter-cassava plant may be called "mandioca", "aipim", "macaxeira", "manioca", "boba", or "yuca".
Source

Ditto

Originally Posted by nlsphillips /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yuca is a word that works for me when talking about tapioca

ew that stuff is nasty, makes me think I am eating something a fish just spawned with sugar ICK!!!

I literally Gag when i look at it

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ew that stuff is nasty, makes me think I am eating something a fish just spawned with sugar ICK!!!

I just ate some tapioca pudding yesterday! It wasn't too bad, actually... although, I do have to admit that I wondered what the purpose of the little slime balls in pudding was whilst eating it.

The tapioca itself isn't gooey and ick - it actually looks like little styrofoam pieces - we use it to eat along with açai , and the ones we use don't get gooey when wet (so the açai gets crunchy)

Ugh! My mom's fave pudding it is... GROSS! I think she FORCED me to try it once, and ever since, I can't even look at it without wanting to vomit. Unfortunately, it does seem to be a popular ingredient in a lot of recipes I've come across (the powdered mix at least). But alas, knowing it's tapioca, I can't make the recipe no matter how yummy it looks and supposedly tastes LOL!

Yea, the beads do look gross, at first I was hesitant to try it because of that. It is actually REALLY good !!!

I used to eat tapioca pudding a lot when I was younger because my grandpa would buy it. Now, not so much.

Tapioca is a starch produced by the cassava plant. This starch is formed into tiny balls called "pearls" that are used in cooking various foods. Since tapioca is virtually flavorless, it can be combined with many different foods and is quite versatile as long as its unique texture can be accommodated.

I love this stuff, and rice pudding too. I like the texture of pudding with chewy bits in it

Latest posts

Back