What to do?... Husband does not want me to wear makeup anymore

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some men want their women to be wearing makeup, and so is my husband before we got married.  But when we had our first kid, he suddenly does not want me to wear makeups anymore. He would allow me to wear lipstick but nothing more than that.  Should I allow him to restrict me when it comes to my vanity? 

Oh well, for me it isn't normal to be restricted all the time. You need to talk to him about those things and make him understand.

Hi!

I think this is very controlling of him to say this. You should ask him why he suggests this and see what his reason is and then, you can explain that you would like to wear makeup. Good luck Heidi!

Oh well, for me it isn't normal to be restricted all the time. You need to talk to him about those things and make him understand.
Hi!

I think this is very controlling of him to say this. You should ask him why he suggests this and see what his reason is and then, you can explain that you would like to wear makeup. Good luck Heidi!
Thank you for your answers, ladies. 

Yes, I do see that it's unusual for spouses in general to do that. I did try to ask my husband about it, and he's pretty evasive...

It's not like it would kill me to never put on makeup, but I still don't think it's fair. My friend, in fact, pointed me to ReGain for relationship counseling when I first told her about this matter. Although it sounded silly initially, I am kind of considering it now... Should we go for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think that you should. Then again I'm not sure it's up to me ? I think it is worth a try and if you are considering it, go for it! This is obviously what you want, even though you are not that sure about it. From my point of view, think your husband is being a bit controlling.

Iona x

Latest posts

Back