What to wear with pink

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been obsessed with buying pink this season and thought this article would be of interest to others like myself.....

what to wear with pink

By Cynthia Nellis

<TABLE id=gh cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Pink looks great on almost everyone, but head-to-toe cotton candy hues can overwhelm even the girliest girl.

Do's

[*]Do pair pink with a neutral shade that grounds it without overwhelming it: white, cream, chocolate, khaki and denim.

[*]Do wear mid-range pinks like cotton candy with white.

[*]Do mix soft blush pinks with cream or khaki.

[*]Do go bold with combos like hot pink and grass green for preppy freshness.

Don'ts

[*]Don't pair icy pastels together like pink and baby blue. Too cutesy.

[*]Don't wear hot pink with black: it looks dated. Use white or even khaki as a fresher foil for your pink.<SCRIPT>zSB(3,3);if(!z336){var zIsb=document.getElementById("adsb");if(zIsb){zIsb .style.display="inline";zIsb.style.height="0px";zI sb.style.width="0px";}var zIss=document.getElementById("adss");if(zIss){zIss .style.display="inline";zIss.style.height="0px";zI ss.style.width="0px";}}</SCRIPT>

Originally Posted by shoediva I've been obsessed with buying pink this season and thought this article would be of interest to others like myself.....
what to wear with pink

By Cynthia Nellis

<TABLE id=gh cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Pink looks great on almost everyone, but head-to-toe cotton candy hues can overwhelm even the girliest girl.

Do's

[*]Do pair pink with a neutral shade that grounds it without overwhelming it: white, cream, chocolate, khaki and denim.

[*]Do wear mid-range pinks like cotton candy with white.

[*]Do mix soft blush pinks with cream or khaki.

[*]Do go bold with combos like hot pink and grass green for preppy freshness.

Don'ts

[*]Don't pair icy pastels together like pink and baby blue. Too cutesy.

[*]Don't wear hot pink with black: it looks dated. Use white or even khaki as a fresher foil for your pink.<SCRIPT>zSB(3,3);if(!z336){var zIsb=document.getElementById("adsb");if(zIsb){zIsb .style.display="inline";zIsb.style.height="0px";zI sb.style.width="0px";}var zIss=document.getElementById("adss");if(zIss){zIss .style.display="inline";zIss.style.height="0px";zI ss.style.width="0px";}}</SCRIPT>

I love pink too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soft pink, medium pink, and hot pink! All of them make skin look alive and glowy!Hurray Pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

123quiz2.gif

I love pink! One of my favorite casual outfits is a shell-pink baby doll t-shirt paired with lime green cargo pants from Lucky. Well, maybe it works because I live in Florida...lol!

I'm also a fan of pink with chocolate brown or tan. Like a strawberry creme chocolate.
smile.gif

Chocolate brown is coming back and it looks great with Pink. Banana Republic just put out some nice clothes in chocolate check it out... http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...cs_category=20

Hope this links works, I'm terrible with links.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I love pink! One of my favorite casual outfits is a shell-pink baby doll t-shirt paired with lime green cargo pants from Lucky. Well, maybe it works because I live in Florida...lol!
I'm also a fan of pink with chocolate brown or tan. Like a strawberry creme chocolate.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva Chocolate brown is coming back and it looks great with Pink. Banana Republic just put out some nice clothes in chocolate check it out... http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...cs_category=20
Hope this links works, I'm terrible with links.

I saw the link. Cute shirt. Brown is a beautiful and rich color ... and .... sooooo UNERrated! It is the softer and more flattering version of black. It is darkness mixed with a touch cream delight! I've loved it for a long time. (My maiden name was Brown so I am biased LOL.) I just bought a linen skirt from LaRedoute in that chocolate brown color and it is a color that can't go wrong. Major
mutfrosty.jpg

Latest posts

Back