What were you doing this time 10 years ago ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If i can recall that far back, i think i was seeing a lot of bands, running around after a toddler and working in a bakery. How bout you ?

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk If i can recall that far back, i think i was seeing a lot of bands, running around after a toddler and working in a bakery. How bout you ? Hmmmmm, trying to conjure up a flashback here. Well, no doubt busy with my kids who were 7 and 14 at the time, thats around the time my Mom started to have a lot of health problems so I was taking care of her too. We had just moved into our house like the year before so I was trying to get the yard landscaped, did most of it myself (my aching back). I had a part time job but gave it up has Mom was just having one medical problem after another, she went through 2 carotid artery surgeries, breast cancer, triple bypass and numerous angioplasty procedures all within a few years.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 she went through 2 carotid artery surgeries, breast cancer, triple bypass and numerous angioplasty procedures all within a few years. wow Harley, that's rough.. sorry to hear
icon_confused.gif

10 years ago - I had just moved out here to Suffolk from Nassau county (about 40 miles west on LI from where I am now) I was in Jr. High - and spending my summer at the local pool here EVERYDAY - (god we had no life lol) Riding to deli on our bikes w/ our friends... taking mass transit buses to the mall - and the hardest thing in life was stressing to get 90 or better on my Earth Sciences final. Not to mention wondering if any of the 15+ boys that we "liked" would hang out with us at the movies on Saturday night... wow, and I couldn't wait to get out of school & go to work... What was I thinking!?!?! I should've listened to my parents when they told me to enjoy school & being a kid... we couldn't wait to grow up - drive, get a job... Were we insane!?!?!? I wonder what I'll be saying 10 years from now? LoL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 wow Harley, that's rough.. sorry to hear
icon_confused.gif
Thanks Angel, it was a really tough time for the whole family having to see her go through all she did, she was an amazing lady though, never complained, she just decided to accept the way things were, hold her head up and get through it.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Thanks Angel, it was a really tough time for the whole family having to see her go through all she did, she was an amazing lady though, never complained, she just decided to accept the way things were, hold her head up and get through it. God bless her for having such a commendable attitude... she must have been a very strong woman. i could only imagine how hard it was on the rest of you guys...

10 years ago, i would have been 11 years old. That means i was living in my old house (we moved when i was 15), probably watching a soccer match (coz we lived next to the local soccer pitch) and learning the piano with my SCARY piano teacher!!

I was senior in secondary High School. In Finland after regular high school, there is a secondary high school that isn't mandatory. But I went to it. Its sort of like the first 2 years of college here in the US

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk

If i can recall that far back, i think i was seeing a lot of bands, running around after a toddler and working in a bakery. How bout you ?

Latest posts

Back