What would you do if?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was a story in the local papers about a taxi driver who found 200 thousands dollars worth jewelries and return them to their owner. The jewelries' owner then offer him as a thank you 7,000$ but the taxi driver asked for 3000 NIS (about 750$) to pay for some debts he has.

I would have returned the jewelries of course (even though it's fun to fantasize about finding something very expansive *g*) but to be honest I'm not sure I would be able to refuse 7,000$
blush.gif

What about you? What would you have done in this situation?

Hmm...I probably would have accepted a thank you. I know if someone returned something incredibly valuable to me (whether personally valuable or financially valuable), I would want to thank them in a substantial way so I don't think there's anything wrong with accepting a thank you gift.

Honestly?? I would've returned the stuff and taken whatever money they were offering. I feel sort of greedy for saying that, but if they can afford to carry around $200,000 worth of jewelry they can probably afford the $7000 as a reward. jmo

I would have accepted the $7,000. Kathy is right. If somebody has that much in jewelry, then $7,000 is not that much to them.

I agree with Kathy, LOL. I would return them and accept the $7000
biggrin.gif
then I'd go to europe and have a holiday! yay!

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly?? I would've returned the stuff and taken whatever money they were offering. I feel sort of greedy for saying that, but if they can afford to carry around $200,000 worth of jewelry they can probably afford the $7000 as a reward. jmo Ditto

i'd definitely take the money :] i might feel a little greedy but i'd get over it lol

I dont think there is any sence in taking that much jewls out with you at once. Id take whatever they'd give, we deff need some money!

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly?? I would've returned the stuff and taken whatever money they were offering. I feel sort of greedy for saying that, but if they can afford to carry around $200,000 worth of jewelry they can probably afford the $7000 as a reward. jmo
Hee, that was what I was thinking too,. The man is rich and you just saved him a lot of money.

I think I would feel a little guilty but I'd still would have accepted the money lol.

Originally Posted by makeupwhore54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont think there is any sence in taking that much jewls out with you at once. Id take whatever they'd give, we deff need some money! I think he carried them with him to do business.

I certainly would have found what to do with 7,000$
laughing.gif

I'd accept the thank you gift. But I think its really sweet that the cab driver only asked for a little bit.

I would have felt guilty for taking the reward money for about 2 seconds as I drove to Sephora.

I'd totally take the reward! No guilt! There's too many people out there who would just keep the stuff and pawn it... Nothing wrong with being rewarded for being an honest person!

Well I'm glad to here I'm not the only one who would have kept the money. I was feeling a little greedy! lol

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would have felt guilty for taking the reward money for about 2 seconds as I drove to Sephora. I'm totally with you on that one, LMAO!!!
laughing.gif

I would have taken the $7,000. After all, if he couldn't afford to give that much then he wouldn't have offered it.

I would have taken the money reward too! Some people would have just kept the jewelry....good thing there are some honest people left in the world!

Latest posts

Back